Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Anheuser-Busch buys SF-WOA

Anheuser-Busch buys SF-WOA

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 4th, 2004, 1:13 am
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

Just a little FYI, Anheuser-Busch Entertainment has bought Six Flags Worlds of Adventure in Geauga Lake/Aurora Ohio. My sister called that park to verify the sale. She was told that the name of the park is not going to change until the 2005 season so any Six Flags season passes will be issued and honored this year.

Anheuser-Busch originally sold Sea World to Six Flags a few years back. I personally hoped years ago that Anheuser-Busch would have purchaced Geauga Lake, but that did not happen. I do not think that Six Flags has done a very good job running the park or integrating the old Sea World side of the park. My greatest hope is that Anheuser-Busch will do it right and make the park all that it can and should be -- another world class park in Ohio to go with the other two.

Post January 4th, 2004, 2:44 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

I think the park would stay better if SF owns it. For once, SF actually took care of and didn't trim a really good woodie (Big Dipper). Since Busch is completely obsessed with trim braking, I really hope that Big Dipper can stay the way it is instead of being trimmed to death, because its the best ride at that park.

Post January 4th, 2004, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

Awww!! darn! Anheuser-Busch. i don't think your right(or at least i hope not) The website hasn't changed and nobody else i know has heard of this. It doesn't make sense why sell a park and then but it back for more if it was causing you to lose money?

Post January 5th, 2004, 2:41 am
bockzilla User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 140.00 Points

I have to agree that the big dipper is a great ride and my hope is that they will leave it alone. I don't think that A/B is any more trim happy that anyone else. My real hope is that they will make the park better. The kiddie area is too small, the rides are not well placed on the old sea world side and i don't think they should have put them there to begin with. I think the water park should have been moved more toward the old sea world side than where it is now. SF has done a very poor job with the old sea world side anyway. The other complaints I have about SF is the poor customer service I have experienced. Food service is slow and expensive. Some of the ride ops were more interested in their conversation with friends than the operation of the rides for paying guests. Not that this means that they were endangering guests, just that they would not release the trains and they would back up. The other problem was that they had removed most of the small rides which left riders under 48 with not much to do. They have added a few back but not enough in my opinion. I guess we will all have to wait as see if A/B does any better.

Post January 5th, 2004, 4:04 pm

The kiddie area is too small

Not really I think it's o.k. BoomTown is ggod for kids. So why waste more space for flat rides and Bigger Coasters if anything change soom of the attractions in Boomtown. Like rotate them yearly. i bet Boom Town Won't be Looney Tunes Boom Town anymore if A\B takes over again. Alot of things will have to be changed. i hope people don't lose their jobs.(if that's the case). By best friends dad is a manager their and he said he hasn't heard of that But he could be wrong.

Post January 6th, 2004, 11:55 am

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
A/B is very trim happy. Though they take better care of the rest of the park, they do a great job with neglecting the coasters. The only A/B woodie is in horrible shape, very rough, it will give you a headache after a couple of rides. As far as trims go, every coaster at BGW has trims that hurt the ride. Though six flags did not run the park well, I think we can say bye to big dipper's wonderful trains, some of the best in existance, and we can probably say good bye to some of the less popular coasters, which at that park seem to be the best ones. Horrible news IMO.

Post January 19th, 2004, 10:04 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
its about freaking time we got another busch gardens!! YAY! ...since when is a/b trim-happy? i go to the williamsburg park almost every year and they dont have any trims that i can think of?? well..there are the mid course brakes but those dont count ;) hm..i guess i gotta go 2 tampa !!

Post January 19th, 2004, 5:32 pm

Apollo's Wheelchair has 7 trims (or somewhere around that)

Post January 19th, 2004, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,425.00 Points

Not real. SF is about to add a new B&M coaster to the park. Cal

Post January 19th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
hm...well, i never really noticed many trims on bg rides...but now that i think about it, apollo does have a lot of trims...:(

either way, i like bg better. they have nicer parks and much much better food :)

Post January 22nd, 2004, 3:11 pm

Good this is a rumor(maybe). Six Flags is still SFWOA and they are to be getting a new B&M(last I heard) and they are updating a few flat rides(for sure).

Post January 22nd, 2004, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,111.00 Points
On the trim thing, yes, every BGW coaster has trims. AC has the worst of them, as I imagine that ride could be some great airtime, but there at least 2 that take a noticable amount of speed off, plus the MCBR. Alpi has a trim on the runoff at the top of the lift, which just about stopped it the times I was there this year, Nessie has had trims for forever and a half, there is about 30 feet of them before the secnd loop, which takes out any air before the second lift that it would have had, and BBW has trims a good quarter of the way down the final drop, you can feel those quite badly, and you can hear them from the bridge.

I am still glad that this is a rumor, as I find it pretty hard to believe. BG doesn't build coasters for big thrill or intensity, just for alot of fun, coasters that everyone can ride. SFWoA is home to 3 awesome coasters that I know would be trimmed by BG, if they owned it. Though I'd just as well the park had never been bought by SF....but thats another hting all together.

*yawn* another B&M.

sorry, the Devil made me say that.

Post January 22nd, 2004, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
Regardless of the purchase status of this whole mess:

At Busch Gardens: Williamsburg,

-Apollo's Chariot: 7 counted trims.
-Alpengeist: 4 counted trims.
-Big Bad Wolf: 8 counted trims.
-Loch Ness Monster: 4 counted trims.
-Wilde Maus: Wild mouse ride...they are supposed to be trimmed.

I have pictures for anyone who is in disbelief.

[dorkhat]

Post January 22nd, 2004, 10:54 pm

Elfman I see you got a new title. Oh and trim happy equals unhappy coaster riders. Raging Wolf bobs and Big Dipper and Villain better not get "fixed" (or neutered\spayed of all thier dignity [lol]) if the above stated happens to be true.

Post January 22nd, 2004, 11:06 pm

I sure do hope that Raging Wolf Bobs gets "fixed", the first half is so freakin rough, they should've retracked the whole ride instead of just the second half.

Post January 23rd, 2004, 1:12 pm

Nah. Re-tracking would be fine but no trimming. It's made to be rough and give a wild ride.

Post January 23rd, 2004, 4:20 pm

of course no trimming [;)]

woodies are supposed to be kinda rough, but only enough to throw you around in your seat, but still give a smooth feel kinda...Raging Wolf Bobs is just painful, and to have Gerstlauer trains on the ride also just makes it so much worse.

Coasters can still be wild when they're much smoother than RWB, and RWB isn't even a wild ride, more like a family coaster IMO. It has some fun laterals, but I don't remember any spots of air, and a coaster can't really be wild without that [:p]

Return to General Theme Park Discussions