Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Apple fails on a whole new level

Apple fails on a whole new level

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 27th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Ok, you thought they couldn't do any worse. You are wrong. May i present, the worst named and shittiest apple product ever, the Ipad:

This giant awkward tablet is just a giant ipod touch, but even more of a rip off. It;s being advertised as revolutionary, when it does nothing more that an ipod touch or iphone does. Its ugly, its clunky, its useless. Thousands of people have already said they won't buy it. Great job Apple, on creating the most retarded product ever.
^the message is up there^

Post January 27th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Height:
9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
Width:
7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
Depth:
0.5 inch (13.4 mm)

You can see everything here:
http://www.apple.com/ipad/

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
Dude this think look freeking amazing! I dont see what is wrong with this thing!

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Its big, expensive, really ugly, and its useless. It dosent do anything more than the ipod touch, and think of how awkward it would be to travel with. Its like a laptop sized ipod. Why would you want that?

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:18 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

It's like any other tablet that's been around before...
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:23 pm

Except its not a computer. It cant run software (until someone can hack it). The only things it has that an ipod touch dosent is that it has a book store, its ugly as crap, it has a horrid name, and its not actually useful.

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

you can get a way better laptop for way less.
This indeed is the biggest ripoff that apple has come up with in a long long time.

Post January 27th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Exactly, i dont think this will sell well. Think of a situation you could use it in that wouldnt just kinda be weird. They had a live video stream and online chatroom for its unveiling on another site, and when they asked who would buy it almost all of the thousand or so people logged onto it said they wouldnt but it. EPIC FAIL.

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:24 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
oh yeah, isn't this supposed to be the apple equivelent of the kindle?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:31 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by Vid_w

you can get a way better laptop for way less.
This indeed is the biggest ripoff that apple has come up with in a long long time.

agreed, but Apple will still make hundreds of millions off of those who follow apple blindly

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:33 pm

Originally posted by slosprint

oh yeah, isn't this supposed to be the apple equivalent of the kindle?

They dont necessarily say it is, but people have said already that the screen is not well suited for reading, while the kind is specifically designed to be comfortable and easy to read. People say that the Ipad gets uncomfortable to read after a while, and having it at a good enough brightness to read well drains the battery.

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

it doesn't matter how poor the product is, Apple fanboys with more money than sense, will buy it.

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
So i got home and i saw the news that apple only came out with the iPad; i am really disappointed. Right now i have and iPhone and a MacBook Pro, why the hell would i need a huge iPad? Im sorry but i really dont think this thing will sell well. I am a huge apple fanboy but honestly i wont go out and rush to get this one. i wish they would have debuted more new items like the rumored iPhone OS 4.0 and maybe a new version of iLife 2010, but no they wasted a huge media event for a lame ass iPad!!! Good going apple.

Originally posted by gouldy

it doesn't matter how poor the product is, Apple fanboys with more money than sense, will buy it.

Not me!!! I dont need it when i have an iPhone a Macbook Pro and a iPod Touch. and the thing is huge and awkward.

Post January 27th, 2010, 7:03 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,843.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I don't hate Apple, some of the stuff they have done is pretty good and their products are, at least, packaged nicely.

But even the fanboys have to agree that most of it is Apple just selling stuff for the sake of it, knowing full well that their core of fans will buy it regardless.

Post January 27th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Apple is an empire of egotistical crybabys. All they do it insult PC, and if PC tries to do anything back, they try to sue. What dumbasses. I know for a fact that whoever goes out and buys one of these will be forever branded a moron.

Post January 27th, 2010, 7:29 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

It would have been better if they said the iPod Touch and iPhone now come in two sizes. The only thing of interest, at least for me, is the CPU. All that is known is it is ARM based.

Post January 27th, 2010, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,505.00 Points
why not just get an iPod? i really dont see much difference, especially if you have wifi enabled with your touch/iPhone!

Post January 27th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
ok,

iPod Touch = Awesome,

iTunes = Horrible.
American Eagle Lover

Post January 27th, 2010, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 94.00 Points

Post January 27th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I think this product is amazing, and please know full well that I am an Apple fanboy. However, there is a hell of a lot more they could (and definitely SHOULD) have done with it. 1) add a USB port for god's sake! 2) Rather than using a souped-up version of the iPhone OS, they should have used a touch-friendly version of OSX. 3) It needs a webcam/camera. 4) Get a faster processor. 1 gHz? Sure, it's fast for a cell phone, but this is meant to be more than a cell phone (at least, that's my impression).
As it stands now, I think simply because it's an Apple product and it's new, it will sell very well (I know I'm probably going to get one), though adding a few of the aforementioned features would make it a must-have item.
And to those complaining about price, wait a generation: the price is going to drop by at least $100. And if you're complaining about the fact that it's a giant iPod touch, that's exactly what it is, and that's not a complaint. The iPod Touch is, in my opinion, the single greatest portable device on earth. The iPad is no less portable than a netbook, which are advertised as "crazy portable". And if you think you can get a better laptop for way less, you're wrong. Spec-wise, probably, but add multi-touch and Apple's incredible UI (which, even the PC fanboys must admit is second to none), and you've got yourself a whole new ballgame. Asus's portable tablet PC starts at $448, and it has a smaller screen and is a hell of a lot more than half an inch thick, plus it doesn't offer any of the style or ease of use that the iPad does.
Also, the iPad, within a few months, will probably have 10,000-15,000 apps designed specifically for it, increasing its functionality WAYYY beyond the iPod touch. Even as it is now (rather, upon launch), it has iWork available for it, which basically lets it do everything you'd like to do with a netbook (create docs and surf the web).
On a different subject, didn't a lot of people knock the iPhone as "just another touchscreen phone" when it first came out?
So, there's my two cents (plus a few) on it. Flame, laugh, point out errors in my logic (please do this, I'm taking a logic course, and I'd love to know any errors [approve]), do whatever you want. It's my opinion and I stand by it.

Post January 27th, 2010, 9:47 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Originally posted by Stealthrider5583

Dude this think look freeking amazing! I dont see what is wrong with this thing!
of course you dont.. thats the point if you actually care what it "looks" like then you wont get the point

Post January 27th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
What I don't like about any of these products, whether Apple or PC, is no one pays any attention to their surroundings. Walk down a main boulevard in your town and observe. Most people will be walking around looking at a damn phone, iPod, etc.

Say you go buy this thing. What are you going to do with it? Surf the web on your couch? You have a home computer, why would you need this? It's too bulky to walk around with. Definitely can't use it while driving. What if you like to read books, like me. Sure you don't have to turn the pages with this or Kindle(or any other products), but if your on a trip or vacation you'll need to plug it in to charge. Books don't need charging. Why have a phone that surfs the internet or play games on? It's a phone, you're supposed to call people with it.

To me most of these products are useless no matter who makes them. And to go off subject: What do you think would happen if electricity failed world wide?

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion