Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Arrow inspired mine coaster

Arrow inspired mine coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 15th, 2011, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I have been working on a coaster that combines the thrills of the later Arrow mine train coasters ( Excalibur and Yagiyama Cyclone ) with the nostalgia of the early Mine train coasters ( Runaway Mine Train and Dahlonega Mine Train ). This is a work in progress, so any suggestions you have as well as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism you are willing to provide will be taken into consideration.

Image Insert:
121.66 KB

Image Insert:
216.9 KB

Image Insert:
85.19 KB

Image Insert:
1440.47 KB

Image Insert:
1440.47 KB

I also plan on adding .3ds and car textures and doing some terraforming. Also the uphill section after the lift was added to keep the train from crashing, it will be changed as construction continues. "That is all."

So I have been playing with the first drop to try to correct the shaping, here's what I have so far:

Image Insert:
99.36 KB

Image Insert:
229.56 KB
Last edited by spacemountainfan619 on August 15th, 2011, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post August 15th, 2011, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
lol, Arrow drops look nothing like that. You need to add a straight segment to the ride.

Looking at this picture, you can see how there's a straight section. While this is an Arrow looper, it shows that the drop does feature a straight section.

This is probably the closest to an Arrow Mine Coaster design as I can get that has an Arrow-styled drop.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 15th, 2011, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 400.00 Points
Your drop isn't right, it needs to have a constant radius. Just so you know your drop seems to steep for a mine coaster anyways.

Post August 15th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Excalibur at Valleyfair was my main inspiration for the drop and turnaround. It has a really steep drop and high banked turns.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post August 15th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
^ He's right. It's very odd. I've ridden it.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 15th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Try to make it like that! Yours is too steep, and it has a very short straight section in the center of the drop.

Post August 15th, 2011, 9:22 pm

It's not exactly easy to replicate the shaping especially because I am having a hard time finding a pic that shows a perfect profile of the drop. All the pics I have seen are from an angle, if anyone has, or can find, a better pic for me to use as a reference it would be greatly appreciated.

Post August 15th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Use the drop of Magnum XL 200. Since both Excalibur and MXL200 are Arrows with similar drops, I'm sure it will work.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post August 16th, 2011, 1:13 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Any of the old, large coasters with straight drops have very similar shaping. Even the morgan coasters. Basically, it's a parabola-ish shape that transitions quickly into a pull-up at the bottom. However, I would say Gemini is definitely not the best option for this; it's a circle followed by a straight section followed by a circular pull-up. Of course, all of Gemini is the same way :/

Post August 24th, 2011, 4:15 pm

I finished the track work yesterday, whew, what a long process. I still have a ways to go before I am completely finished as I am planning on adding .3ds and doing some major terraforming. I have the NL construction kit, anyone know the best way to build and import .3ds using the construction kit, I know there is already a topic, but, rather than going through the whole thread and reading a bunch of off topic garbage I was hoping someone would post it here. I haven't really settled on a specific theme yet, but I do have ideas as to what I want. I know I want a mountainous structure that the coaster races in and out of with waterfalls and geysers, but, that's about all I have come up with for now. Anyway I created a video to show all the track work, the supports were added just as reference for the shaping. As always, constructive feedback is greatly appreciated and trolls will be fed to the bandersnatch.

Return to Hard Hat Area