Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion AT for free

AT for free

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post May 27th, 2005, 1:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Next week there will be another crazy offer going at Alton Towers. If you are one of the first 50 people to turn up dressed as a nun, you will get in for free. There will also be "spot the singing nun" competitions inside the park [lol] my god, what is going on with AT lately, first gnomes, now this [lol] they've gone mental.

dunno if it says anything about this on the internet anywhere, but I got this info from my local news program on TV [:)]

So yeah, anyone up for dressing as a nun and going to Alton Towers? [lol] cus I'm certainly not, especially not now its the summer holidays for a lot of people.

Post May 27th, 2005, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah, you also get into Thorpe Park free if your the first 1000th adult dressed as a school kid...i htink that was Thorpe, i guess they are falling on hard times

Post May 27th, 2005, 2:26 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post May 27th, 2005, 2:50 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

yeah well, we're all a bit crazy here, its what makes us so great, not like you dull europeans [:P]

Post May 27th, 2005, 3:30 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post May 27th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

Yep its true:

30th May - 3 June

Its basically celebrating the aniversary, 40th I believe I was told, of the film "The Sound of Music". The park will be recieving a slight Austrian theme and there will be entertainers singing/dancing/acting in that style.

Again, like with the gnomes, there are some strict guidelines for people interested in taking up the offer...

To be eligible:
*Full nun's habbit (clothing etc) must be worn all day.
*Only apply to first 50 'nuns' to arrive at turnstiles.
*If you want to go on the rides - It may not be possible to access all rides - (Restraints etc), dresswear will have to be appropriate.

As with Thorpe's school uniform - it was a great success, with well over 1000 people in school uniform, even ride ops, staff, management joining in!

Post May 27th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post May 27th, 2005, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,386.00 Points
Originally posted by Fornication Nation

I would do it.

but what if u dressed up and then you were number 51 or something.. i know if that was me i'd be pissed.

Post May 27th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Thats why you bring a change of clothes and leave them in the car ;)

Post May 27th, 2005, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post May 27th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I would do it too, for a free entry to any major amusement park...

Post May 27th, 2005, 11:39 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
For thourp park dress as your self say "I am a kid coming to school on holoween dressed up as *put name here*"

Post May 28th, 2005, 8:51 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by hyyyper

gouldy, you're european too

Please God no! I'm English, I for one hate being associated with Europe and even the rest of Britain for that matter. While England isn't physically attached to mainland Europe, as far as I'm concerned I don't live in Europe [;)][lol] That way we won't ever have to switch from the Pound to the Euro, which can only be a good thing. Most English people wouldn't look at themselves as Europeans, mainly because France is in Europe and you know ...... I mean ...... eurgh. [lol] Ever noticed the massive rivalry between the main European countries and England when it comes to sports? Thats basically because we hate you all [:D] haha, joke ....... we just hate most of the major countries in Europe, like France, Germany, Spain ........ and its not because we're jealous of their weather [;)][lol]

AAAAAAAAAAAAnyway, I'm just getting my nun outfit out ready to go to Alton Towers tromorrow, hahaha, or not as the case may be.

Screamomatic: "I'd dress as a lumberjack"

I don't see the point in that really, you know, being as the offer says "nuns" [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Fine, then I'd dress as a nun. Even If I wasn't in the top 50.

Post May 28th, 2005, 1:19 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by hyyyper

gouldy, you're european too

Please God no! I'm English, I for one hate being associated with Europe and even the rest of Britain for that matter. While England isn't physically attached to mainland Europe, as far as I'm concerned I don't live in Europe [;)][lol] That way we won't ever have to switch from the Pound to the Euro, which can only be a good thing. Most English people wouldn't look at themselves as Europeans, mainly because France is in Europe and you know ...... I mean ...... eurgh. [lol] Ever noticed the massive rivalry between the main European countries and England when it comes to sports? Thats basically because we hate you all [:D] haha, joke ....... we just hate most of the major countries in Europe, like France, Germany, Spain ........ and its not because we're jealous of their weather [;)][lol]

AAAAAAAAAAAAnyway, I'm just getting my nun outfit out ready to go to Alton Towers tromorrow, hahaha, or not as the case may be.

Screamomatic: "I'd dress as a lumberjack"

I don't see the point in that really, you know, being as the offer says "nuns" [lol]

please tell me...how many dutch guys are is UK's football/soccer teams...

Post May 28th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Yeah, because the managers are all foriegn and get the dutch players in. We dont want all these weird players with names to long to pronounce etc. I also agree with Gouldy, the rest of Europe is a prety messed up place, espiecaly Spain. [lol]

Post May 28th, 2005, 1:41 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

erm, Arjen Robben, Dennis Bergkamp, Ruud Van Nistelrooy ....... now I'm struggling. Is Van Persie Dutch? Thats the ones I can think of right nw, but anyway, whats that got to do with anything then? Or were you just wondering?

I didn't say that Holland was one of the countries we hate either, just to clear that up. If anyhting, we actually like Holland, you know with your lack of cannabis laws [lol]. Just to clear that up, if you thought I was saying that most English people hate the Dutch, its just the major european countries we don't like.

Post May 28th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

Yeah. I have to study Spanish. The UK is cool. It seem to be the best place in Europe for theme parks. (Apart from Spain (Portaventura), and maybe France, and Germany)

Post May 28th, 2005, 4:43 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

oh, didn't realisze that, as for c4m: wich great parks does France have?
And i still think the next strata should be in Holland, let's call it "Top Hennep Dragster" , hennep=weed

Post May 28th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

France has Disney. The Space Mountain, I really like. It has a launch and inversions unlike the ones in florida and california, and the Indiana Jones, I know it is rough but I think it is cool.

For what hyyyper said " The next strata should be in Holland"
I think the next coaster like TTD or KK, it will be like 500ft.

Post May 30th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

(Clears throat...)

Back on topic:

Today was the first in a 6 day event at the park marking 40 years of the sound of music, and as promised entertainment was provided.

A huge movie screen has been mounted at the top of towers street, playing the movie all day with the audio being pumped out onto towers street. Entertainment staff are also milling about the park dressed as nuns, but in tower's own unique style.

At the end of each day instead of the usual carnival, is now a choreographed dance routine infront of the big screen to various classic songs that have been 'funked' up with a dance beat perfomed by yet more 'Magic Makers' dressed as Nuns, and Austrian's (You know what I mean? Leiderhosen, hats and dresses). The 3D cinema was also hosting sing-along sessions during the day where you could pop in and have a quick yodel.

Also dotted around the park are various "Nuns on the Run". Theese are plackards with a picture of a Nun on them plus a single letter. The plackards are attatched to various things around the park, and the task is to find them all, put together the letters and make a word. If you can do that, you win a DVD of the film this whole event is based upon, Also all winners are entered into a prize draw for a Night in one of the Hotels.

Even had time to take photographs during lunch!:
http://www.nexus-network.net/nlb/framephotos.php?ID=68

dragon2000

Return to Off Topic Discussion