Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Avatar at Animal Kingdom 12/1/14 Update!

Avatar at Animal Kingdom 12/1/14 Update!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post December 1st, 2014, 10:02 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

I have a feeling that Disney is hoping that the new Avatar based land at Animal Kingdom will be a secret weapon of sorts, an addition that really might stand up to Universal's Potter themed areas. If the final product turns out like the concept art release thus far, some of which is above, it very well may be.

Details of the attractions in the creation of the film's Pandora include a big Soarin' style attraction and boat ride of some sort. There's also no official opening date, but we're still at least two years out at a best guess.

What stirred this post was some fantastic new aerials photos that I noticed were posted to Themeparx, showing off current construction of the Avatar land.

AK Avatar Aerial Blueprint Comparison.jpg

A while back some plans for the attractions in the Avatar area were leaked, and it looks like they were spot on. I took one of the aerial images and outlined what seems to match to these plans (image below it) perfectly in yellow. You can clearly see the curved footers that will be needed for the seating mechanisms for the four separate theaters in the Soarin' style ride. The adjacent building, which will have the boat ride pass through, can also be seen.

There's plenty of other structures underway in the area, including footers for what I would think could be the start of floating islands and the facade for the huge show building. Things will be more interesting in the coming months as the structure are finished, and we get a better idea of how this will all come together!

Credit newsplusnotes

Post December 2nd, 2014, 10:33 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I thought the boat ride got canceled or something due to budgets

Post December 2nd, 2014, 8:32 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post December 3rd, 2014, 7:16 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
then it must have been something else because I know something got canceled due to budgets or something similar

Post December 4th, 2014, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Beastly Kingdom got canceled (erm put on indefinite hold)

Post December 9th, 2014, 11:20 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

According to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJ8CjnshVg

Disney is also planning to add a night time spectacular to Animal Kingdom and is planning on making it a full time park instead of it closing earlier than the other parks.

Personally I think it will be a great addition to the park! I cant wait to hear more about the rides that are planned to go in!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post December 16th, 2014, 11:07 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Blase Rhine wrote:
According to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oJ8CjnshVg

Disney is also planning to add a night time spectacular to Animal Kingdom and is planning on making it a full time park instead of it closing earlier than the other parks.

Personally I think it will be a great addition to the park! I cant wait to hear more about the rides that are planned to go in!

Nice find!

Post December 22nd, 2014, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

Post December 23rd, 2014, 7:21 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!