Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Avatar Theme Park - Coming To Disney

Avatar Theme Park - Coming To Disney

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 20th, 2011, 2:25 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
We have great news to share today with regards to the topic of the Avatar Theme Park. At a press conference happening right now at Walt Disney Imagineering, Bob Iger and Tom Staggs just announced a long-term creative partnership with James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment and Fox Filmed Entertainment to bring the fantasy world of AVATAR to life at Disney Parks. And it?????????ll all begin at Disney?????????s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort.

James and his producing partner Jon Landau and their team at Lightstorm Entertainment will serve as creative consultants on the project and will work side-by-side with our Walt Disney Imagineers as we dream up experiences that will take our guests deep into worlds of AVATAR Theme park like never before. There are also two sequels to the record setting first film in the works, which will offer more fascinating stories, characters and locations to explore in the AVATAR universe. Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is planned as the site of the first AVATAR theme park land with construction expected to begin by 2013.

We believe Disney's Animal Kingdom is a great fit for this project because it was created to give guests the opportunity to experience the worlds of animals and nature ????????? real and mythical ????????? in new ways. Disney?????????s Animal Kingdom also celebrates adventure, living in harmony with nature and environmental stewardship ????????? themes that are deeply rooted in the story of AVATAR.

The design phase on the Disney's Animal Kingdom project has just begun so stay tuned for more details.
Source of the Avatar Theme Park

----------------------------------------------------------------

The movie Avatar brought millions upon millions out to movie theaters and stayed on the big screen for months. It was one of the must see movies of the year, and won several awards. Fans loved the mythical theme of the movie and made it a huge hit. To say the least it was very popular.

Disney's New Avatar Theme Park

In response to the popularity Disney is now going to open an Avatar theme park. The park will be located in Orlando Florida and will give visitors the opportunity to experience Pandora themselves. There will be rides, displays and more are inspired by the movie, its characters and the stories involved. Crews will begin building the park in 2013 and if it is anything like Disney's other parks, it will be an extraordinary place to visit for any Avatar fan.

The opportunity to experience the movie in a real life setting will bring fans in from all over the world, and Disney is banking on just that. They have secured the rights to build an Avatar theme park anywhere in the world, and due to its vast popularity a number of Avatar theme parks could be just what the fans want.

Avatar Theme Park in Animal Kingdom, Disney

Being that the movie focused so much on nature the Avatar theme park will be located in the Disney Animal Kingdom. The Animal Kingdom park has been open for several years and gives families a great place to experience animals from around the world. The tie between the theme of the movie and this area of Disney makes the Animal Kingdom the best place to locate the Avatar park.

Additional Avatar Movies

Due to the vast popularity of the movie, two sequels are already in the works and they should coincide with the building and opening of the Avatar theme park. Hopefully Disney will feel obligated to include in the Avatar theme park pieces of the second and third movies, for more rides, and displays, as the coming stories will no doubt add to the excitement and visiting of the park.

Behind the scenes of the Avatar theme park will be James Cameron, the producer, along with his partner and team as creative consultants. They will be working side by side with Disney to give the park the authentic look and feel of the movie. Traditionally Disney has worked hard to provide authentic experiences based on events and movies and given their dedication to this, the Avatar theme park should deliver a theme park fans will truly appreciate.

Post September 20th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
wow, way to go disney, bring a piece of poop movie to life in your parks to drive guest away.
why in hell would anyone want this in there park..

Post September 20th, 2011, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
umm highest grossing movie of all time? Obviously people liked the movie or it wouldn't have that record, so I don't think it will drive quests away. I think this will be a interesting thing to see, and I hope it brings another coaster into the park, I would say what I'm thinking of but the name of the animal escapes my mind since I haven't watched the movie in a few months.
What are these for?

Post September 20th, 2011, 3:34 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,823.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

It annoys me when people say "Avatar is sh*t, worst film ever"... what on earth are these people talking about? Compared to the plethora of utter sh*te that is constantly spewing from Hollywood at the moment, it's not half bad. Add to that, the fact that it's pretty nice to look at and listen to. Don't get me wrong, it's not the best film, but come on, it's not even bad, let alone as bad as people make it out to be.

I think it's just fashionable to hate certain things? And unfortunately Avatar seems to be a victim of this.

The majority of people will flock to an Avatar themed attraction, it is undoubtedly a good move for Disney and the notion that it would "drive guest away", is just utter drivel and completely unsubstantiated bias of the highest order.

Post September 20th, 2011, 4:30 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post September 20th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

very good move here disney and will atract the crowds. im not a fan of the film at all. i wont say i hate it because it is watchable and the cinmatography is beautiful but i didnt really enjoy the plot of the story. im very much a fan of the small budget movies and very few of the large budget.

but to bring pandora to life will be a very very cool thing and will serve disney very well. pandora VS hogwarts will be intresting to say the least
Making screams come true

Post September 20th, 2011, 5:11 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,823.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by CKidd

I would say what I'm thinking of but the name of the animal escapes my mind since I haven't watched the movie in a few months.

I would say a good theme would be that the rider becomes Toruk Makto and the ride would be a B&M Flyer. Although, to be fair I could think of many pretty awesome things you could do with the content of that film.

Post September 20th, 2011, 5:30 pm

A B&M flyer was exactly what I was thinking but the movie reference I couldn't think of. Honestly even though I thought the movie was good, I only watched it twice.. When I went to disney world in febuary i noticed that they rely alot on the visuals of a movie rather than the actuall plot, so Avatar which has a ton of visuals will fit perfectly inside
What are these for?

Post September 20th, 2011, 9:20 pm
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
Sounds awesome. Definitely going to be a great addition.
And I think the hating on Avatar thing just grew as a chain reaction sort of thing. Hate to bring it up, but same thing happened with Justin Bieber, sure the kid sings rather annoying teeny-pop music, and he has but one song I find bearable, but he's no where near bad enough to deserve hate from half the world, I mean if you watch some of his original un-autotuned videos on yt, the kids got a pretty damn good voice, it simply grew as, in essence, an internet meme, and then it spread to the real world, and now half of his views/listens on youtube come from people who simply go to the videos to post in the comments about how much he sucks/is gay/etc. I mean, common now.... Same issue with Avatar, though to a much lesser extent. I thought it was a great movie, as Gouldy said, much better than 95% of the other productions being made now/at the time. I enjoyed it enough to rewatch it a few times even. But, yeah, I think it sounds pretty awesome, if anyone can pull off the Avatar theming and bring it to life, it's disney parks. I will be following this. Hopefully (but unlikely) Disney gets another coaster for it's small but classic line up as well.

Post September 20th, 2011, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
The name just pisses me off, it's like an insult to the animated "Avatar: The Last Airbender"
American Eagle Lover

Post September 20th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Originally posted by highthrills2

wow, way to go disney, bring a piece of poop movie to life in your parks to drive guest away.
why in hell would anyone want this in there park..

At least the main character is straight.

Post September 20th, 2011, 10:08 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i hope this doesnt happen at the real disneyland in anehiem.. i dont even want to know what they'd remove to do it ..

Post September 20th, 2011, 10:14 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
When they throw out a statement like "highest grossing movie of all time", do they account for inflation, or do they just manipulate the data to make it appear profound?

Post September 20th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Thats a good point, I just mentioned that because he makes it sound like one of the worst movies ever created. I mean if it wasn't semi-decent it wouldn't have gotten all the hype, and the visual style of the movie is perfect for the abilities and talents of disney
What are these for?

Post September 20th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 542.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2011, 1:49 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Originally posted by Jonny Richey

The name just pisses me off, it's like an insult to the animated "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

American Eagle is an insult to America because america, eagles, and eagles in america deserve to be named after something that isn't meh at best.

Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP!

I don't care if you don't like that style of coaster, but you can't go into EVERY thread and blast your negitive opinions (about something that is completely off topic).

I am going to stop responding to this crap. I know it's an awesome coaster, and you're clearly just trolling. Maybe the mods will deal with this....
American Eagle Lover

Post September 21st, 2011, 7:54 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
^lawl

Also, Gouldy pretty much summed it up. I mean, yes, the story was basically Pocahontas set hundreds of years into the future, but it was pretty interesting, and there were some good concepts in the movie. It was also gorgeous lol.

And I vote yes for a B&M flyer. Disney needs an awesome attraction like that, for sure. Although SeaWorld might be jelly.

Post September 21st, 2011, 8:55 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Worst case scenario it'll at least probably look really pretty.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 21st, 2011, 11:08 am

Post September 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,552.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

hmmm Avatar Theme Park. I think lots of people will go to it.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post September 21st, 2011, 2:12 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
/me invests in blue face paint stock
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 21st, 2011, 2:35 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

/me invests in blue face paint stock

and loin cloths[:D]
Making screams come true

Post September 21st, 2011, 3:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I didn't care for the movie part of Avatar a whole lot, but the visual parts were absolutely incredible. Fortunately, Disney is known for making their parks look spectacular. I think the finished product of this will be gorgeous, especially at night - remember all of those light-up plants in the movie? Disney would probably die before leaving those out. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Post September 21st, 2011, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
^This. Except I actually did like the movie. What can I say, I'm a sucker for Sigourney Weaver.

Post September 22nd, 2011, 8:55 am

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
meh, i'm not sure how i feel about this. Personally i think avatar would make a great theme.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!