Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area B&M Floorless

B&M Floorless

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 5th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 91.00 Points

Hey,
since months I try out Newton 2 and this is one of my coasters I want to release. It's a B&M Floorless...

Check it out! ;)

Last edited by -Thrill- on May 5th, 2010, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 5th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Fix the damn cobra roll. The "roll"ing part needs to start below the crest.

Post May 5th, 2010, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
2nd Picture doesn't look like anything B&M do.
Reminds me of those tracks people make with Newton 2 and don't ever get off banked track.
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post May 5th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Omg, Im going to puke over the cobra roll. Bleh, Thats way to tight and it needs to start the roll earlier. Basically there shouldn't be a full 180 Degrees in a cobra roll, It hits like 160 and banks into the turn and then goes to the other site and 160 then drop. But as the coaster is dropping off the coaster roll it should straighten up until the inversion. Also consider using custom supports, the scenery looks good but your supports need alot of work. Dont try to rush this project to where it turns into crap.

Post May 5th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by HazBruv

2nd Picture doesn't look like anything B&M do.
Reminds me of those tracks people make with Newton 2 and don't ever get off banked track.

It's called ORIGINALITY.
American Eagle Lover

Post May 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,918.00 Points

Post May 5th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey
It's called ORIGINALITY.

No, it is bad design.
He specified that this was B&M and that, my friend, is not B&M.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post May 5th, 2010, 11:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by ianko66

It's called ORIGINALITY.

No, it is bad design.
He specified that this was B&M and that, my friend, is not B&M.

So when it isn't your ride you don't jump on the "I'm trying to be original" bandwagon? Interesting.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 6th, 2010, 8:12 am

Hey guys,
first about the Cobra Roll. I made another Screenshot, so you can see that the perspective stretch the track...

Does it look better?

The Coaster is should be a B&M Floorless and the design fits to it. Only the part on the second picture should be something new... I thought it would be nice there.

Support work is 75% ready!

mfg Thrill

Post May 6th, 2010, 12:55 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Looks better, but shouldn't you V the half loop sections instead of twisting them midway up?

Post May 6th, 2010, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
That still looks like a very peculiar cobra roll...odd.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post May 6th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
It looks off kilter. The right side looks higher than the left side... Don't say "that's what she said."

Post May 6th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points

Post May 6th, 2010, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm
So when it isn't your ride you don't jump on the "I'm trying to be original" bandwagon? Interesting.

No, I jump on the bandwagon when someone specifies a certain designer they are trying to replicate and is willing to edit what they have built to improve. I commented so -Thrill- would see that, because beforehand, there was one person saying it was wrong, and another saying it was "original". I was providing a majority in the opinions.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post May 6th, 2010, 10:00 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post May 6th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
Originally posted by Mad-man 5

That's what decilsrule said.

Uh oh... Here we go again with decilsrule... Might as well change my account names... Or were you making a joke about it [;)]

Post May 19th, 2010, 8:15 am

Hey,
the user L Bosch is helping me by moddeling details like catwalks. He also helpe me by the terrain.

Here a pic.

mfg Thrill

Post May 19th, 2010, 8:44 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ That picture looks damn sexy.

Let me just correct the people at the top of the thread:

"2nd Picture doesn't look like anything B&M do."

Should read:

"2nd Picture doesn't look like anything B&M have done."

Sometimes I feel that if every element of your coaster doesn't already exist somewhere in the world in real life on that type of coaster, with that exact shaping, people will knock you for it. It makes me wonder what all new coasters would be like in real life if actual coaster design followed this same format... A few years ago there was a design meeting at Intamin about the idea of a new coaster having a vertical lift hill... a modern day NoLimits designer would say:"Oh no, you can't do that because there isn't already an Intamin with a vertical lift, so that's not something Intamin would do"... Fortunately real design isn't dealt with in this way and therefore design moves forward, and we did end up with a vertical lift on an Intamin.

Anyway, to me, the element in question (in the 2nd picture) seems quite like Daemonen's Immelmann only entered from the other end. The shaping of the element as a whole seems very much in keeping with the B&M style (if B&M were to do an element like this) apart from, arguably, the entrance to the corkscrew. I think it looks pretty sweet.

Post May 19th, 2010, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 704.00 Points
^ That picture looks damn sexy.

Thanks a lot.

These catwalks always took around a whole day to build, they must perfectly lined up with the track and should look like the ones from B&M.

Post May 19th, 2010, 12:11 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by gouldy
Sometimes I feel that if every element of your coaster doesn't already exist somewhere in the world in real life on that type of coaster, with that exact shaping, people will knock you for it. It makes me wonder what all new coasters would be like in real life if actual coaster design followed this same format... A few years ago there was a design meeting at Intamin about the idea of a new coaster having a vertical lift hill... a modern day NoLimits designer would say:"Oh no, you can't do that because there isn't already an Intamin with a vertical lift, so that's not something Intamin would do"... Fortunately real design isn't dealt with in this way and therefore design moves forward, and we did end up with a vertical lift on an Intamin.

I agree, however there is a difference between what you described and the absolutely atrociously off shaping the emos like to pass off as realistic that puts them in a tizzy when you mention it isn't. Then you have all of them descending on you for oppressing their creativity (inability to do something right), and that's the primary reason why lots of the veteran members on the site are hesitant to leave rates anymore. Leaving rates isn't worth the trouble of them bickering.

There is different, and there is flat out making poop up.

Also you're right about that tiny floorless in Tivoli, I forgot about that one. Any idea what the size ratio is between these two?

And those lift hill stairs look absolutely fantastic.

Post May 19th, 2010, 3:32 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Oh no, I agree with that, it is very obvious when someone has thrown ideas for elements at newton and convinced themselves that the resulting shaping must be realistic because it was produced by the tool.

As for this ride though, it is looking pretty nice. It's my kind of ride, I really go for the whole compact twisty B&M floorless thing.

What (if any) other 3Ds are you going to be including, L Bosch? A station or custom scenery?

Post May 19th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Points on hand: 704.00 Points
I will build and positionate the catwalks (the brakes need them, too), footers and flanges.

Image Insert:
128.66 KB

These are only those little details to increase the realism, nothing really special.

Post May 19th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
Darn...this is making me sad, it's starting to remind me of my in-progress compact B&M coaster I was building, and lost, when my computer was attacked by viruses. With you guys speaking of daemonen and all of that...damn, I so wanted to finish that...
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post May 19th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
You're right, the second pic is unrealistic. And while I'm at it, this doesn't look like something B&M would do either:

And these are incredibly unrealistic supports:

American Eagle Lover

Post May 19th, 2010, 6:04 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

You're right, the second pic is unrealistic. And while I'm at it, this doesn't look like something B&M would do either:

You don't seem to quite get it do you...

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area