Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Backwards or Forwards

Backwards or Forwards

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 5th, 2005, 3:56 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Does anyone know the Indiana Jones coaster at Disney Land Resort Paris?

Well as some may know the direction of the trains on this ride have been changing. When the ride opened in 1993 it began forwards, then in 2000 backwards, then finally 2005 forwards again!

So the question is which way was or is the best?

Even if you have not ridden this ride you can still answer! Just look at this site I made which has videos e.t.c

http://www.freewebs.com/etletempleduperil/

Post September 5th, 2005, 4:35 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points

Post September 5th, 2005, 4:42 am

Post September 5th, 2005, 7:35 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Going backwards on any ride adds to the feeling of surprise and mis-judgement however well you know the ride. The backwards drop of Valhalla, although it's only about 15ft, can still add to that element of surpirse and really can feel like your just going to keep falling

Post September 5th, 2005, 2:16 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i have only ridden the ride when the trains were running forwards, Fun track but sometimes backwards really sucks. I need to go back to disney sometime, but when.....?

Post September 5th, 2005, 2:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I rode it this summer. The trains were forward. I would prefer forward. Or, since the ride has a 2 cars per train( I think. I don't remember) some could be forward and other backward.

Post September 5th, 2005, 2:40 pm

Yeah that would be good 1 car forwards 1 car back!

Post September 5th, 2005, 2:57 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

well I have ridden the ride, but only forwards, as I went quite a long time ago when it was forwards obviously heh heh. It was a pretty cool ride (apart from the restraints kept lifting up which was bloody scary [lol]), I also know what going backwards down a drop feels like after going on Storm Force 10 at Drayton Manor, it just makes it a whole lot scarier, you actually don't know whats going to happen even if you know the layout already. So I reckon, from that, this ride is quite probably better when its going backwards, as I'm sure any ride would be.

Post September 10th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Since this ride is getting mentioned so much I thought I would let everone konw its here!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions