Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Badass ZacSpin - Insane

Badass ZacSpin - Insane

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 26th, 2009, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This kinda went up under our eyes, eh!?

An Intamin ZacSpin coaster for the 2009 season called Insane will be added to Tivoli Grona Lund Amusement Park in Stockholm, Sweden. The ride will stand 116 feet tall and have a track length of 820 feet as it takes 8 riders per car through the unique layout.

A ZacSin Roller Coaster is a four dimensional roller coaster where guests are suspended outside the rails and hang on each side of the track. This roller coaster is designed to give the riders an absolute unique experience. Half of the guests face forwards and the other half face backwards at the outset, changing position during the ride.

The ride is set to open in late April.
Last edited by Austin on March 31st, 2009, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 31st, 2009, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I want one of these in the US :(. They look really awesome.

Post March 31st, 2009, 12:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
This looks like something Six Flags could invest in. It's compact and would offer a great thrill to families and riders like us!
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post March 31st, 2009, 1:28 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

^I would think this ride is a little wild for families....
I have to say, this has to be one of the most thrilling concepts ever created... Ever.
Imagine:
-insane headfirst drops
-random inverting and swinging
-awesome forces
-all that combined with the feeling of total freedom, when flying 30 meters above the ground (water), with nothing to hold you in except that tiny restraint! I would think that a headfirst dive would be the most thrilling! <3

Anyway, I want this style in NL...

are created by using a propulsion system to send
the vehicles backwards and forwards along the track before sending them up to the next level

I think you might be talking about the LSM version of this ride... this is the chainlift version.

Post March 31st, 2009, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post March 31st, 2009, 4:12 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

My local park hasn't gotten a new coaster in 6 years. This could be a good possibility
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post March 31st, 2009, 4:41 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

This kinda went up under our eyes, eh!?

Not really, I kinda have followed the construction on a different site. The ride was complete in less than a week!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 31st, 2009, 11:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,746.00 Points
^Now that IS a speedy delivery. From oven to stomach in less then a month!

Post April 1st, 2009, 12:49 am

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
I wanna ride a zacSpin soo bad. Bring them to the US!

Post April 1st, 2009, 9:37 am

Points on hand: 1,481.00 Points
I can't wait to ride one either this would be a good addition to a small park like Knotts.

Post April 3rd, 2009, 2:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

This looks like something Six Flags could invest in. It's compact and would offer a great thrill to families and riders like us!

Hmm I wouldn't think so...CKidmwm make a great comment on what SF and Intamin's relationship probably falls.

This:

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Hmmmm someone is a crankypants. I'm not saying they'll never get an intamin, I'm just saying it's rather unlikely.

When a product requires you to purchase a bunch of unplanned crap to get it going, you generally will buy something else next time around. All of SFMM's B&M coasters have not been a problem at all, hence they have numerous B&M products.

All of the GIB's purchased by Six Flags required extensive and expensive modifications and gave the parks bad PR. Notice how nobody has bought anymore new GIB's since the three Deja Vu's and the Stunt Fall fiasco.

I'm just saying that unless there has been a huge shift in the park's management I'd bet people remember stuff like how difficult it was to deal with Superman and won't be interested in another Intamin product.

And I'm sorry if you're all puffy over the ride being screwed up before opening, but Tower Of Terror in Australia opened months before Superman, which means Superman wasn't the first of its kind. SFMM likes to advertise firsts (I've seen Batman as the first inverted coaster on TV when SFGAm's was), but this is another case of them being full of it.

It's like expecting someone who bought a Ford Pinto to buy a Ford Taurus when they could instead get numerous other cars.

Post April 3rd, 2009, 2:48 pm
FIN User avatar

Points on hand: 1,156.00 Points
We have one of these in Finland, just a smaller version. They are very intense and forceful. They are great!

Post April 5th, 2009, 8:43 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

looks like fun, but i would be furious if i had to wait in line for it ..

Post April 5th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,333.00 Points
yeah thats my only problem with the ride.it would be fun but... too short.

Post April 7th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
i live in stockholm, and i just cant wait for the park to open for the season. i just hope its as good as i am expecting it to be.
And this is by far the best thing that ever happened to grona lund:D

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!