Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Beachcomber (Final) No Limits

Beachcomber (Final) No Limits

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post April 19th, 2004, 10:18 am

Points on hand: 2,936.00 Points
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=3795

Eureka Times, April 18th, 1954

A new roller coaster has been built on the Californian Coast. The ride, Beachcomber, features a staggering first drop of 150 feet and continues through its progress with a series of helices and drops before it spins into a downward spiral and drops down 80 feet to the sandy shores of Long Beach, California. The ride then finishes with a spiraling helix up into the station. This ride is one part of the continuing development of the Long Beach area in the efforts of turning it into a tourist attraction and vacation getaway.

Author: Reporter Mike Allen

Eureka Times, April 18th, 2004

Our beloved roller coaster classic Beachcomber turns sixty years old today. Beachcomber has thrilled generations of thrill seekers and is considered to be an important part of the Long Beach area. Although it may seem somewhat tame compared to today's coaster standards, it still retains the abundant airtime, sharp turns, and high speeds which thrilled our parents and grandparents as well as ourselves over the last 60 years. To celebrate, all riders will be given free rides aboard this coaster classic for the rest of the rides duration here in Long Beach.

Author: Reporter John Allen

Here is my newest coaster, Beachcomber. This ride took me about 2 months complete. It is a fun little ride located right in the middle of a heavily detailed beach environment. I tried to make this one as beach themed as possible, and I encourage you to fly around the area and look at all the fun little details that I tried to place around the landscape. After taking a stroll on the beach, check out the coaster, which I believe to be one of my smoothest rides to date. The track itself is short, relatively tame, and not very high, yet it packs a punch. Try to imagine that this ride really was built in the 50's, as that is the feel and look I was going for with this one, so rate accordingly. It was not meant to be high, fast, and complicated.

Please download, rate, and more importantly, enjoy Beachcomber.

Special Thanks go out to:

Fender 13 - Without his help, I'd be building circular tracks on flat boring landscape. He helped teach me all the basics of the editor and various other programs associated with No Limits, and my rides would be quite dull(er) without his help. :)
JackFrahn - Thanks, Jack, for letting me use your .3ds models :)
Real - Thanks to Real, for also letting me use his great TTD Pepsi Machine model :)
Mark - Thanks for the tips and help you've given me along the process of building this coaster, as well as the great file zipping tips. :)

Hope you enjoy Beachcomber!

Judd

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=3795

Return to Track Advertising