Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland 2008

Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland 2008

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post August 23rd, 2007, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Yeah Calloway, you should go to the park immediately and protest outside the gate.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post August 23rd, 2007, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2007, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by CalawayPark

THEN we get a VERY similar track colour as Goliath

!?

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 23rd, 2007, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2007, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

CalawayPark, maybe you could just stop posting in thsi thread if all you're going to do is bash a coaster that hasn't even been announced.

I'm so glad CW is going to be getting a capacity monster, thank god, we need one.

The track looks more like Talon than Tatsu IMHO: http://rcdb.com/ig735.htm?picture=22
http://www.cwmania.com/photos/displayim ... 124&pos=51

The supports are close too:
http://rcdb.com/ig735.htm?picture=22
http://www.cwmania.com/photos/displayim ... 124&pos=52

Orange rails and yellow spine. I love Talon's colours so I think I'm gonna like this as well :)

Post August 23rd, 2007, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2007, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points

Post August 23rd, 2007, 8:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
What? Why would it be a talon clone? Its supposed to be 175 feet tall... And if they did make a talon clone it wouldnt be identical colors.

Post August 23rd, 2007, 8:37 pm

And plus, why would they add another SLC to the park, and on the same side of the park?

Post August 23rd, 2007, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I hope they change the colors...I'm not a personal fan of that scheme and Tatsu, Silver Bullet, and Talon all have that Yellow-Orange.

Talon has a GORGEOUS color scheme. Seriously, one of my favorite ones.

but if they put track up before the announcment then well certainly know if its invert or not. anyways, GREAT colors. love it.

Post August 27th, 2007, 12:14 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points

Post August 27th, 2007, 7:05 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Canada's Wonderland has finally announced Behemoth, their 15th roller coaster.

All of this information plus videos, renderings etc etc can be found here: http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com/

Stats:
Track Length: 5,318 ft
Lift Height: 230 ft
Angle of Descent: 85 degrees
Ride Time: 3 minutes, 10 seconds
Speed of
First Drop:77mph
Capacity: 1,545 guests/hour

Stats: http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com ... /stats.cfm
Renderings: http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com/public/ride/
Video: http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com ... videos.cfm
Construction Blog: http://attraction.canadaswonderland.com ... est/diary/

Sorry Austin, I totally took over your post for the front page update. Just making it a bit easier to read is all.. [lol]

Post August 27th, 2007, 8:00 am

Points on hand: 332.00 Points
B&M looks like they got the train idea from Vekomas Gaint Inverted Boomberang (AKA Deja Vu.)

Post August 27th, 2007, 9:00 am

This is great!

It looks like B&M took the best parts of Nitro and Goliath (SFOG) and moulded them into one awesome coaster.

85 degree drop, amazing. This ride is gonna kick so much ass. There area few minor negatives, such as the abundance of trims, but who knows, they might not even be installed.

May 2008 can't come fast enough!

Post August 27th, 2007, 9:02 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Behemos? [lol][lol]

No way. They still fit 8 cars per train with the longer ones? That is one hella long train...

Looks kick-ass, though...Looks like thet won't be changing the color scheme after all, eh?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post August 27th, 2007, 9:07 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Yeah, this looks like it will most likely be the best B&M hyper yet.

Originally posted by bigboy_1234567

There area few minor negatives, such as the abundance of trims, but who knows, they might not even be installed.

Why would they show them in the ride previews if they weren't installing them?

Post August 27th, 2007, 9:12 am

If I'm not mistaken, I think this has happened before. I can;t remember what ride it was (Goliath maybe), but the animatuion showed trims but they were never installed. The track still has holes in it to allow for trims, but they have never been installed.

On a side note, even if trims are installed and running, as long as we can get decent air over the hills, I'll be thrilled.

Post August 27th, 2007, 9:17 am

Heck, even if they are on and it has zero air, it will still be better than anything at the park. [lol]

Damn, I am pretty excited about this. My younger brother is going to absolutly love it, and it will be his first hyper!

And I must point out at how useless Italian Job will look now. [lol][lol]

And also good for them at making it have 3 trains. Just imagine the line this thing is going to have....

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:02 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Damn, that's one sexy ride. I was already around heaven #5 or so with the color scheme, but the ride, man, huge steep drop, I should propose this to our board sometime soon, i want a ride like this in Toverland.

EDIT: just seen this vid, it seems a little slow on the high parts and in the helici, anyone agree or is it just me?

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 1,736.00 Points

^^B&M "do" prefer to keep doing what they are comfortable with. Most parks don't buy B&M's for forceful, unique rides, but rather for a reliabile, safe, and high capacity ride. When is the last time B&M went outside their comfort zone, the flying coaster??

Intamin, on the other hand, is the place to go for "outside the box" creations. Just look at all of the unique coasters they have built:
TTD, MF, Maverick, The Ball Coaster, Furious Baco, etc. What does B&M have? A couple of dive machines and flying coasters.

I'm not saying B&M is a bad manufacturer, they're great, but if your looking for a creative coaster, Intamin is the place to go.

So, you're saying dive machines aren't creative, fun, or intense? B&M makes some of the most forceful rides around (Alpengeist, Tatsu, S:UF SFOG, Dragon Khan) as well as creating great layouts. B&M hypers are amazing, and I would love to see one go here, especially since quite a few Intamin hypers are airtimeless (MF, Thunder Dolphin, etc.).

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:27 am

Points on hand: 1,736.00 Points
Just watched the video, reminds me a lot of Goliath...but very cool. Now we just need one in Kings Dominion hahaha..

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Soo...that drop is nowhere near 85*. Are they talking about banking maybe?

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:40 am

Originally posted by R92CP

^^B&M "do" prefer to keep doing what they are comfortable with. Most parks don't buy B&M's for forceful, unique rides, but rather for a reliabile, safe, and high capacity ride. When is the last time B&M went outside their comfort zone, the flying coaster??

Intamin, on the other hand, is the place to go for "outside the box" creations. Just look at all of the unique coasters they have built:
TTD, MF, Maverick, The Ball Coaster, Furious Baco, etc. What does B&M have? A couple of dive machines and flying coasters.

I'm not saying B&M is a bad manufacturer, they're great, but if your looking for a creative coaster, Intamin is the place to go.

So, you're saying dive machines aren't creative, fun, or intense? B&M makes some of the most forceful rides around (Alpengeist, Tatsu, S:UF SFOG, Dragon Khan) as well as creating great layouts. B&M hypers are amazing, and I would love to see one go here, especially since quite a few Intamin hypers are airtimeless (MF, Thunder Dolphin, etc.).

First of all, there is no need to double post, just edit your previous post.

On the topic of B&M and Intamin, if you have ever ridden some of the more recent B&M coasters (Hydra, Silver Bullet, Goliath (LR), etc), you would know that they are not extremely forceful, just fun, reliable, high capacity rides. B&M is one of the more creative manufacturers, BUT, when compared to Intamin, they fail on the creative side.

Both manufactures produce world class rides, they just go about it in different ways. Intamin produces more unique, forceful rides, where B&M produces more reliable, high capacity rides. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Now remember, this is a generalization and there are some exceptions to the rules (Goliath @ SFOG for example).

In conclusion, B&M sticks with what they know and build amazing rides. Intamin tends to produce more unique rides that, as a consequence, usually face more initial downtime.

DCS, I agree, the drop does not look like 85* from the pictures we've seen. However, the POV animation looks very steep, and I really don't think CW would lie about something as important as the first drop. (Well, I really hope not, that drop is what is most exciting to me!)

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 2,012.00 Points

Looks amazing.

Gotta wonder what the hell is up with the trains? I mean... WHY? It doesn't look to serve very much purpose other than being unique and isolating the riders a little bit... And every car on the train will be like that? Gah...

Other concerns: Forceless helix intro much? Gotta keep in mind that these guys aren't the ones who designed the SFMM Goliath. I'm not sure how the Goliath at SFOG's helix is, but I'm betting the first half of the down helix is pretty weak.

However, I am totally stoked by that forward POV. This ride is gonna be totally nuts. 85 degree drop!?! WOW. The solid string of airhills looks to have some serious balls too. Floater heaven!

Yeah... overall, looks great. The name's a bit awkward, as is the seating, but other than that there's really not much to complain about and a whole lot to love. Ten points to B&M and Canada's Wonderland for putting out another amazing hyper.

Post August 27th, 2007, 10:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!