Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best First Drop Europe

Best First Drop Europe

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best First Drop Europe

Grand National
18%
The Big One
No votes
Oblivion
53%
Nemesis
6%
Twin Looper
No votes
Magnum Force
12%
Bullet
No votes
Shockwave
No votes
Roller Coaster
6%
Jubile Oddesy
No votes
Millenium Coaster
No votes
Nemesis Inferno
No votes
Dragon Khan
6%
Space Mountain Mission 2
No votes
Stampida
No votes

Total votes : 17

Post August 30th, 2005, 7:46 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Ok so here is a poll for people in the Europe.

So which coaster do you think has the best first drop!

[:p]
Last edited by coasterboaster on August 30th, 2005, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:00 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:01 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hmm this is hard. Its definately between Oblivion and Bullet for me. I chose Oblivion though as theres not much else special about the ride so it deserves something. [:p][lol]

Bullet has a awesome first drop though aswell. So does magnum Force, not as good as the Bullet though. I have never felt so shocked on a first drop like i did on Bullets. That sudden drop after being launched backwards really gets you. Its a shame im never gonna get to ride it again.

So for me:
Oblivion and Bullet. [lol]

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:34 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I was going to park Grand National, but that drop is pure hell in the back seat. So i choose Oblivion instead, its the only real drop i get with airtime these days

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:38 am

^^^ tut tut tut, you should have tried the bullet for airtime. [lol]

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:42 am

See thats the kinda of ride i wouldnt get airtime on, i seem to be more immune to airtime these days. When going to parks with my friends they also comment on the airtime in spots where i simply felt none. Come to think of it, i hardly get any airtime on Oblivion anymore

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:46 am

^^ me too, the drop on Oblivion sucks compared to how it used to feel. All my friends site there like OMG we're gonna drop, but because ive ridden it so many times, you just know how it feels and know when is gonna go, and stuff, and now i can just sit there and not feel anything. Its weird.

Trust me, bullet you woul. Its not exactly airtime though, its like alot of acceleration g force as it is launched down the drop again, and then with some airtime added in. Its such a weird and shocking feeling.

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:50 am

I say its to do with my theory on the relationship between Adrenaline and Airtime. The more scared you are the more airtime you will feel, due to the fact that when your scared blood exits your intestines and under moments of weightlessness blood rushes into your stomach (hence butterflies when scared, and wierd feeling when airtime) So if there is little blood there in the first place more can be pumped in hightening the effect of airtime

Post August 30th, 2005, 8:53 am

i suppose. So thats why i felt more airtime on my first ride on rita than my other 2 times??? And thats why i felt so much airtime on bullet because i was so nervous about what to expect. [:D]

Post August 30th, 2005, 9:06 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well being as Oblivions first drop is actually n 8 inch, 5 degree decent, it doesn't have a particularly exciting first drop at all [lol], its second drop however, well yeah, even though its not quite vertical it does have pretty big airtime. (I am just messin' by the way, before anyone tells me that he meant the main drop bla bla [lol]"

But, although it might not quite be in the spirit of the question, I;ve gone for Nemesis, not so much for the drop itself, because there isn't much of one really is there, but its just the way that you don't seem to have dropped very much at all, and you don't seem to have built up much speed when all of a sudden you are thrust upwards into the corkscrew, it hits you like a bomb, cus one second you're just sort of moseying along then BANG! [lol]. Well I like that anyway [:)]

Post August 30th, 2005, 9:16 am

^^ yeah the way you hardly drop and you feel like you are going really slow still and just gliding through the trees but all of a sudden you are rusing through that corkscrew and then into that helix with incredible speed. I agree its a great beginning to the ride. but not the best drop IMO.

Post August 30th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

im 4 magnum force because the drop is extremly forceful. but my favorite has to be jubilee odyssey u missed it its extreme and full of airtime

Post August 30th, 2005, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Grand National's looks the best to me because of that crazy looking double drop. There's probably some awesome airtime on it.

Post August 30th, 2005, 1:41 pm

Hurray a Grand national lover

That first drop well I suppose you could call it 2 drops !

Image Insert:
65.17 KB

Post August 30th, 2005, 2:22 pm

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Grand National's looks the best to me because of that crazy looking double drop. There's probably some awesome airtime on it.

Yep, looks that way, and im getting to ride it in October. YAAAAAAAAY. [:p][:D]

Post August 30th, 2005, 2:30 pm

I was surpried to find Roller Coaster got a vote. As on my other topic on the ride it got alot of critical announcements!

[approve]

Post August 30th, 2005, 2:36 pm

By the way, why did you change it to Europe. Now i would say Goliath at SF holland probably. Actually no, expedition geforce at Holiday park germany probably.

Post August 30th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points

Post August 30th, 2005, 6:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i love tonnerre de zeus's drop and of cource the one from expedition GeForce! they rule [pshades]

Post August 31st, 2005, 2:54 am

Sorry but see I am just putting most of the drops I have ridden. You can only fit 15 on the vote!

Post August 31st, 2005, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 3,860.00 Points
Yeah, my vote definetely goes to Goliath at walibi world. Its a bit special. I always thought oblivion was boring, it didn't do anything for me.

Post August 31st, 2005, 12:13 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
I think this is a quite bad poll.The coaster are almost all UK coasters and 3 or 4 others .The very big missers are:Expedition ge-force@holiday park,Silver star@europepark,Goliath @walibi world(its quite cool front seat)Typhoon@Bobejaanland,The superman ride in Warner bros. madrid.These are the big missers but compard to what you put up the list all europe coasters could be on.

Post September 1st, 2005, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
How is it possible to have a poll like this without coasters like EFG and Balder. Those have some amazing first drops. And Space Mountain doesn't have a real first drop! sorry, but this was just a bad poll.

Post September 1st, 2005, 4:30 pm

It started off as a UK poll but then was edited to be a Europe poll, hence loads of the Uk coasters.

Post September 1st, 2005, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions