Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best park in U.K

Best park in U.K

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best park in U.K

Thorpe Park
10%
Alton Towers
67%
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
13%
Southport Pleasureland
No votes
Lightwater Valley
No votes
Drayton Manor
No votes
Flamingo Land
5%
Camalot
No votes
Chessington World of Adventures
No votes
American Adventure
No votes
M&D's Scotland's Theme Park
No votes
Rhyl Ocean Beach Park
3%
Oakwood
3%
Fantasy Island
No votes
Gulliver's World
No votes

Total votes : 39

Post September 6th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 2,074.00 Points
Id like to know what everyone's favourite theme park in the U.K is.
I think mine would either be Thorpe or Alton Towers. Whats your opinion!!!

Post September 6th, 2005, 5:48 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i'd give a guess that we would see alot of alton tower votes. From pictures and stuff i've seen from that park it looks really great!

Post September 6th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post September 6th, 2005, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
However, Southport Pleasureland has that wooden spinning disc thing that IMO looks like more fun than any coaster.

Post September 7th, 2005, 1:49 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

No I definately think Blackpool!

I mean yeah Alton Towers has a few good B&M rides I will admit, but the chances of you getting on more than three rides in a day is quite low. However at Blackpool they have all the classic Woodies and the Hyper Coaster. Even better because the park is so small you can just walk off one ride to another. Thats a point at Alton Towers you have to walk miles to the different 'lands'. Also Alton Towers has huge queues, Blackpool has so many ride that the queues don't often go past half an hour!

Post September 7th, 2005, 4:05 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post September 7th, 2005, 7:52 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Alton Towers, apart from in the summer when you can get on about 3 rides [lol]. Alton Towers is a great park when there's no so many people there, but because its so good, when people can get there they do get there and it ends up being like 246 hours to queue for Air and stuff, so its just silly during the summer holidays, but at any other time during the year, its easily the best park in the UK.

Post September 7th, 2005, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Alton for me. Coasterboaster is rite about BPB but theres just no theming and its quite dirty. I also agree with Gouldy. I always go when the school term starts and you can get on loads of rides. Its just a casu of planning your trip to Alton .

Post September 7th, 2005, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Can we have an Alton Towers with no queues? Best rides, gayest queues. Last time I was there I got on 5 Rides in 8 Hours

Post September 7th, 2005, 11:47 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

When i went with school i got on 3 rides in 5 hours. [lol] Terrible, when i go on my own though i normally manage about 10 rides in 8 hours. But i tend to ride nemesis for like 4 times in a row at the end of the day as its queues get really short. It goes down to like 15mins as its the most reliable coaster in the park with the best capacity. The new SRQ on Oblivion is heaven aswell, i can now skip a 30 minute queue, and because the ride ops often dont notice, you can sneak a friend on with you. [:D] As often on Oblivion there ends up being 2 seats left at the ends or so, as people tend to ride in huge groups, as its so "Intimidating" [lol]

I also recommend flamingoland as my surprise nomination too. I am going to blackpool in October, so i cant wait. Lightwater valley is worth a visit just for the second half of the Ultimate and the KMG afterburner called Eagles claw. [:D]

Post September 7th, 2005, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,235.00 Points

^^^^^^^ were lucky to experiance the ultimate as we live quite close. i agree its worth the day trip just for the ride.

Post September 7th, 2005, 1:26 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Black Pool looks like crap, imo. It's so cluttered.

Post September 7th, 2005, 6:18 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ agreed, it looks so skanky and horrible, I mean, so does the whole of blackpool but thats no excuse [lol]. It just looks like a mess, as if there's no design element to it, like someone just thrown all those rides together without really thinking about it. You can have a lot of rides intertwining together and make it look really nice, but the rides just look terrible at blackpool aswell. I've only been there as a child so I can't recall what it was like, but it does just look like a horrible place.

Post September 7th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
So Blackpool is just one of those parks where they just added sections as they needed them. Kind of like the airports that just added a terminal when they needed more space and didn't really coordinate the new terminal with the old ones.

Post September 7th, 2005, 7:44 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

thats no excuse. Looks like crap. I like to have a clean atmosphere, as well as good rides, not just one, or the other. I can't even stand watching Edge's BPPB video because the park looks so gross, to me.

Post September 8th, 2005, 1:53 am

Points on hand: 3,029.00 Points

Yes I admit that areas of the park are a bit seedy but its not all around! Also I think the reason I like Blackpool more is because it has loads of classic rides, including woodies.

Post November 19th, 2005, 11:09 am

Points on hand: 2,022.00 Points
I agree, alton towers is too busy! I have been to oakwood park, and you can get on the rides in 30mins at the most, they dont have many rides there, but they have got an amazing wooden coaster wich is called megafobia, steepest fastest water coaster europe, only 2 of its kind, and hopefully in 2005 they're having a eurofighter wich has a steeper drop than oblivion at oakwood. and theres pleanty of other rides like bounce huss n drop ride, vertigo, a flying experience. And many others. And also you can ride the rides till 9.30 so its very dark, and then have firworks and laser show and dancing! also they have fantastic views from the top of bounce!

So if you do have a chance to go there, GO!

Post November 19th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Of the three UK parks I have been in, Chessington, thorpe and AT, Alton is clearly the best. Nemesis is a reasons alone. And the other coasters ain't bad either. The only park that could rival this as I see it is Blackpool. They got some awesome looking woodies there. Yes the park looks a bit old and dirty, but I'm sure it has its own unique atmosphere. Kind of reminds me of Tivoli Gardens.

Post November 19th, 2005, 4:43 pm

Originally posted by supersion

I agree, alton towers is too busy! I have been to oakwood park, and you can get on the rides in 30mins at the most, they dont have many rides there, but they have got an amazing wooden coaster wich is called megafobia, steepest fastest water coaster europe, only 2 of its kind, and hopefully in 2005 they're having a eurofighter wich has a steeper drop than oblivion at oakwood. and theres pleanty of other rides like bounce huss n drop ride, vertigo, a flying experience. And many others. And also you can ride the rides till 9.30 so its very dark, and then have firworks and laser show and dancing! also they have fantastic views from the top of bounce!

So if you do have a chance to go there, GO!

You are talking like nobody has heard of oakwood or Megafobia. Since you are on a site full of coaster enthusiasts, i dont think you need to explain so much. [:)] Most people know what is at Oakwood. Well if they ae in a "Best park in the UK" topic they will.

Post November 19th, 2005, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2005, 5:41 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

The only thing I see wrong with Alton Towers is that the lands are all spread out around the edges, and there is nothing in between. So what ends up happening is a lot of walking, instead of a flow from one ride to another. It's more like, lets go to this area, hit all these rides, then run over to this area, then this area. ALso the ques would probably bug me. It would be like that day I was at Disneyland and they reached max capacity. We got on about 3 rides in Disneyland Park from 9 to 6.

Post November 19th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Hehe, i is like that. The middle is all the gardens and the old Manor house and the lake. I dont mind having to walk so far, as it makes it more magical and its reall beautiful. It makes it so different to any other park. It also makes you feel like they are different lands, rather than just looking like them.

Post November 19th, 2005, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

I don't mind the walking, it's just getting lost on the way to forbidden valley that annoys me. [:(!]

Post November 19th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions