Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best Theme park around Amsterdam area?

Best Theme park around Amsterdam area?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 12th, 2017, 7:54 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Amsterdam this summer, we've got a day we can use to go to a theme park, what are your recommendations, Hollandish people?
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post February 12th, 2017, 12:10 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I'm not from there but I believe Efteling is about a hour and a half or less away from Amsterdam.... or Walibi Holland which should only be about a hour or so from Amsterdam. Both of which are great parks and have a tremendous lineup of coasters and rides. Hope this helps and enjoy yourself!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post February 12th, 2017, 12:31 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
The entire country (plus parts of belgium and germany) is drive-able within a few hours. Public transport requires a bit more time. The two major parks are the Efteling and Walibi Holland. Efteling has beautiful scenery and dark rides, coasters are average. Walibi still has the Six Flags atmosphere to it. Smaller parks are Toverland (Troy!), Hellendoorn, Slagharen. Drievliet and Duinrell are sort of close to Amsterdam, but I wouldn't waste my time with those parks.

Anyways, you can always check coast2coaster.com for an idea of the parks in the area, and don't hesitate to ask for more info.

Post February 15th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^^ The only rule that you have to follow: Have fun! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 15th, 2017, 9:13 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Return to General Theme Park Discussions