Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best Theme Park

Best Theme Park

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Best Theme Park

Cedar Point
52%
Six Flags Magic Mountain
10%
Thorpe Park
2%
Europa Park
2%
Alton Towers
5%
Other
29%

Total votes : 42

Post June 4th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,966.00 Points

what theme park in do you think is the best one in the world?
Last edited by RenOwens2 on June 4th, 2005, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 4th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

Good thing you had BGT on there! I love that place. I'm going to be going in the next week or two and I'm gonna get platinum passes, you can reride WITHOUT getting off!

Post June 4th, 2005, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,966.00 Points

had to take Busch Gardens Tampa off, because it wouldn't let mwe have more than 6 choices beacuse orginailly I had 10 choices up. the choice of "Other" was cut off so i take BGT off to make room for "Other".

if you choose other you should most likely post a reply about that park.

Post June 4th, 2005, 1:54 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post June 4th, 2005, 2:24 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Sprechzinhuffnia!
I chose to create a new german word and chose to click on other, because KBF is far better than Six Flags Magic Mountain. SFMM has the rides, but the atmosphere is so blah!

Post June 4th, 2005, 6:08 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
other, europa park is a good themed park and has some fun coasters but i'd think walibi world is the best. It just has goliath, it pulls some great ejectors! For the rest it's really nearby for me. What makes another plus [:)]

Post June 4th, 2005, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post June 5th, 2005, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
SFMM just because it's the biggest local park with my fav Goliath. ;)

Post June 5th, 2005, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Yeah...another "best theme park" thread...because we don't have enough of those around here...yeah, cool. And it even brought out the likes of hyyper and G-force, whaddya know...

Post June 5th, 2005, 9:54 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Port Aventura, the themeing kicks serious ass there

Post June 7th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

Come ON people! Cedar Point is definantly the best. The energy there is just amazing! It is also very clean unlike some Six Flags parks.

Post June 7th, 2005, 1:28 pm

I would actualy say Cedar Point is an amusement park not a theme park. Same with SFMM, dont forget Theme Park and amusement park are two different things
i.e Alton Towers = Theme Park
Blackpool Pleasure Beach = Amusement park
(and for Americans)
IOA = Theme Park
Cedar Point = Amusement park

I believe the topic title says best 'theme' park

Post June 7th, 2005, 2:17 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Why d'you care about the difference, it's just a matter of theming round the park, otherwise change the poll into Best Theme/Amusement Park

Post June 7th, 2005, 2:28 pm

Theme, amusement, it doesn't matter. They mean the same thing. Just because it has the word "theme" in it doesn't literally mean the park has to be themed to label a park as one.

Post June 7th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
Actually, themeing is something I don't emphasize. If they add to the rides - great, if not - doesn't matter too much.

Post June 7th, 2005, 4:49 pm

I agree. I don't really actually care for theming at all. So many people always comment towards real rides (and virtual ones) "why didn't they add more theming?" and I always considered it to be such a foolish statement. Theming doesn't change a ride, it changes its surroundings.

Post June 7th, 2005, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

as long as the coaster or ride is fun I don't give a damn about the scenery

Post June 7th, 2005, 5:13 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

better rides doesn't seem to do the trick though, its the theming that sells. [;)] Look at Disney's parks, why do they have so many people? Good themeing, the name, and well, mostly those 2. But anways, its not because they have the best rides in the world.[;)}

Post June 7th, 2005, 5:38 pm

The theming isn't what makes it a lot more popular than most (if not all) amusement/theme parks. It does help, but what mainly makes it a popular destination is that it has tons of things for the whole family to enjoy, and a LOT of things to do. Thats what I imagine brings most people to the park.

Post June 7th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
There IS a difference between an AMUSEMENT park and a THEME park. They are clearly two categories since even the most credible polls taken split the two apart. Why?

A theme park is clearly on the same or similar wave length of Disney. Its not just an amusement park, it features shows, flats, virtual rides and most of the areas are themed to something - not the rides. I would even put Holiday World in this category since its more of a Theme park than it is an amusement park.

Amusement parks seem to just be about one thing - the thrill. This is where your Cedar Fair and Six Flags come in. I shouldnt have to go into detail here, its quite obvious what makes up an amusement park.

Most Theme parks focus on the family while most amusement parks focus on an age group. Its usually evident in their ads. CP normally advertises a single person(s) repeatedly, rarely using a family. However, Disney and Universal target the family much heavier. Just like Im sure a Holiday World targets a family more than CP would.

Just as IF was getting too in that last post, its the content of things to do, not just things to look at that draws people in. People like to interact. If the themeing helps that, great. But the original interaction needs to be there. Most Theme parks have an abundance of family stuff to do while more amusement parks, obviously, are bit more located on the thrill.

Post June 7th, 2005, 6:16 pm

Exactly, most 'normal' [lol] Kids when they were 3-16 would absoulutly love to go the Disney Parks and really are the only parks they know exsist. Now you hit 16+ you can see that Cedar Points advertising is directly at that age group

Post June 8th, 2005, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,514.00 Points

by the way, what is AT themed after? (i bet you Brits are like COME ON, that's easy, but i live in the US and the only park ive been to over there is Lego Land and i was like 4).

Post June 9th, 2005, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,886.00 Points
Originally posted by topthrillmaniac

by the way, what is AT themed after? (i bet you Brits are like COME ON, that's easy, but i live in the US and the only park ive been to over there is Lego Land and i was like 4).

It dosent have a main theme. Its basically a bunch of themes

Post June 9th, 2005, 6:09 pm

Yeah, its themed in several different Areas.
Forbidden Valley - Alien Theme
Ug-Land - Prehistoric Age
X Sector - Oblivion, doom etc etc

Post June 10th, 2005, 6:40 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Don't forget these Edge [;)]

Merrie England - Themed around traditional English jibba jabba (pubs, tea, curmpets [lol])

Old MacDonald's Farmyard - Farm themed, obviously (for all the li'l kiddies)

Adventure Land - Currently themed like a pinball table

Cred Street - Themed with toys and all that mess (again for all the li'l childs [lol])

Katanga Canyon - Themed like some safari type water thingy place [lol] its where the river rapids are

Gloomy Wood - All spooky themed and stuff, only one ride there, thats the ghost train/Duel

And i think thats all of the different areas now, unless you consider the hotel to be an area, in which case, thats all water themed [;)]

Edit: Nope! hang on, I forgot one ... The Gardens! - They're themed like, well .... a big garden actually [;)]

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions