Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cobra's Curse - New Spinning Coaster For Busch Gardens Tampa

Cobra's Curse - New Spinning Coaster For Busch Gardens Tampa

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I wonder with such unusually spinning cars if there will be show sequences or stunts in the ride. What a big year for Florida next year! #jelly #CPmakemeproud

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I think Cobra's Curse could definitely end up being the best spinning coaster out there. Should be a wonderful addition for Busch Gardens Tampa. :)

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^^Seriously, Florida is getting so much new crap haha. They're booming! I've done the Florida parks 3 times in the past 5 years and I'm definitely making plans to go back in July of 2016.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I believe the track will fly over a railroad! Looks like a pretty big layout. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Yea that's a really large area of land for a spinning coaster. Also there is an elevator lift so they have even more space to work with.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
They're re-profiling the railroad to go around the new attraction
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Track officially arrived yesterday!!

mod edit: embedded video

The track color does fit! :D

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Extra photo and info:

Screen shot 2015-09-22 at 6.29.08 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-09-22 at 6.29.08 PM.png (191.24 KiB) Viewed 5540 times

2016 will see a wide variety of coaster types open in the U.S., and one of my most anticipated new rides in the family segment is Cobra's Curse at Busch Gardens Tampa. The ride will combine unique track elements, theming, and the appeal of a family spinning coaster into one attraction in the park's Egypt section.

The park has been hard at work on the ride for a while now, preparing the land by grading for several below ground level elements, and also placing foundations around the site. Now the theme park has shared the above image of the ride's track starting to be delivered to the park. Cobra's Curse will be manufactured by Mack Rides, utilizing the designer's triangular shaped track in a nice blue/green color.

I would expect to see a new one soon, but the last update from the park showed the massive footers that were being built. With over a month's time passed, and track now on site, the park will have plenty to update us all on with a new entry.

I never got a 100% clear idea of this coaster's full layout, which leaves some of the ride as a surprise that I'm honestly enjoying. Can't wait to see track start to go up!
credit newsplusnotes

One of my favorite track colors in RCT3 as well, actually! :D

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Track and supports look a bit much like Kumba.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
^ Agreed, it's essentially the exact same colors with the only exception being Kumba's track color isn't as "dark". I wonder two things, (1) what other color schemes were in consideration and (2) why did they decide on a color scheme that was almost identical to a coaster they already have?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

DechLave wrote:
^ Agreed, it's essentially the exact same colors with the only exception being Kumba's track color isn't as "dark". I wonder two things, (1) what other color schemes were in consideration and (2) why did they decide on a color scheme that was almost identical to a coaster they already have?

Sometimes parks do this because the older one will get repainted a new paint scheme

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
DechLave wrote:

Sometimes parks do this because the older one will get repainted a new paint scheme

I doubt Kumba's gonna get repainted lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox wrote:
deere839 wrote:
DechLave wrote:

I doubt Kumba's gonna get repainted lol.

well they been repaint alot around the parks lately for some reason and adding stuff i would be surprise now there next goals are coasters

^ I found one interesting fact today! Cobra or "Colubra" means "snake" according to a Latin etymology. Such a story aside here, this track will be ready to compete with Kumba soon!

;) + :D

Paradox User avatar

More progress!

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

FYI, Kumba means "roar" so you may want to think of a lion! Yeah, Lion versus Cobra! Similar track colors! This theory makes sense because Gwazi: their traditional woodie is now gone - it had the "Lion" side.

:twisted: + 8-)

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Sorry for the following pics, I don't use a selfie stick so I couldn't take photos high enough to avoid the fence :P Here's pics I took on Friday of Cobra's Curse construction. There's a bunch of dirt being moved around, building being built, footers and track placed. Progress seems to be going on pretty quickly :)

cobras-curse1.jpg

cobras-curse2.jpg

cobras-curse3.jpg

cobras-curse4.jpg

cobras-curse5.jpg

cobras-curse6.jpg

cobras-curse7.jpg

cobras-curse8.jpg

cobras-curse9.jpg
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Now I think the colors are kind of eerily similar to Kumba or Goliath at Walibi (when the supports were wine, not black like they're now).

This is like the Oziris theme! Makes me think so! :D

True Addicts
True Addicts

Are the squareish-shaped supports for the station or are they over the train tracks or something? Anyways aside from that I think the real "test" for this ride is going to be whether or not the cobra looks cheesy.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Are the squareish-shaped supports for the station or are they over the train tracks or something? Anyways aside from that I think the real "test" for this ride is going to be whether or not the cobra looks cheesy.

Track most likely since the big footer in the middle of the site is a elevator lift and it's suppose to leave the station right on the lift

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!