Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions BGT Rides

BGT Rides

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

BGT Rides

Montu
45%
Kumba
30%
Gwazi
15%
Scorpion
10%
Python
No votes

Total votes : 20

Post September 7th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

What is the best BGT rollercoaster? i think Montu is because it's so smooth, Kumba is rough, i sat in the 2nd or 3rd to last seat and my head kept banging. Scorpion will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my first looping coaster, and python is just... it sucks.

Post September 7th, 2004, 8:31 pm

i also love gwazi rough and fun the drop out of the station is great!

Post September 7th, 2004, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 914.00 Points
i like gwazi cuz the fact that u get to race is awesome. usually u get to race next to each other mut thats not the case on gwazi.

Post September 8th, 2004, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

My Vote To:
Montu - a great all-round inverter, great...

Like you said Kumba's a little too rough, but the loops amazing, the original B+M Sitdown that inspire the rest...Gwazi has the potential to be amazing but often the operators cant be bothered to duel/race the trains, a very powerful albeit slightly rough coaster...Scorpion a nice little coaster, its actually pretty intense!...Python - I just feel that its a little cramped with the station in the middle etc. not very exciting, loads of them around the world, getting a little rough like they do, good for junior enthusiasts...

Altogether Busch Gardens has a very nice collection of coasters, lets see what they get in the future..!

Post September 8th, 2004, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
you forgot "cheetah chase" (another poll?!!!?!??!!!) but i vote for gwazi

Post September 9th, 2004, 11:24 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,575.00 Points

If you think Kumba is rough, you are a real wuss. Seriously. Stay off coasters, you might get hurt.

Post September 9th, 2004, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I've never been there but from riding 'em in NL, Montu looked the best.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 9th, 2004, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I've never been there but from riding 'em in NL, Montu looked the best. Roughness makes the ride seem more out of control but Psyclone just plain sucked. It was slow, jerky and rough.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post September 10th, 2004, 5:22 pm

Kumba is the back was rough, i read online even, it said nearer to the front it isnt rough, but i found that out afterwards.

Post September 10th, 2004, 5:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Ive never known a B & M to be rough, no matter what seat you're on. Like MoP said, if you are finding these coasters rough I would definately avoid arrow/vekoma style coasters all together. I havent been on any of these coasters, so I cant back it up - but I'd say Montu looks the best.

Post September 10th, 2004, 6:40 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

I rode Kumba 17 times in one day in March. I sat in every row at least once. I never found it to be the least bit rough. Like I said, if you find it rough, you are a pansy and should avoid coasters. Don't ride in cars either, because roads are WAY rougher than those rides.

Post September 10th, 2004, 7:27 pm

i love the ride, it just banged my head alot, but not im not a pansy you mofo!!!!

Post September 10th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Post September 10th, 2004, 7:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Love the double posts ^....And your stupid random endless POLLS are uncalled for...so, BAM

Anways, I would have to agree with MoP, as Kumba is pretty wicked good. It's one of the best non-inverted coasters, and I think it even beats out Montu. I didn't find it the least bit rough a couple years ago, and it is a great ride. Definitely one of B&Ms best sit-downs...beats out all the floorless tracks I've ridden. Montu comes in a close second and just after that Scorpion for third, as it is just a cool intense ride with a neat little layout, plus it's very re-rideable.

Post September 11th, 2004, 1:24 am
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by G-Force

your stupid insults are uncalled for

You say this, immediately after saying:

Originally posted by G-Force

but not im not a pansy you mofo!!!!

Which makes you a hypocritical moron. So now you are a pansy, a hypocrite and a moron. Do you wish to continue adding to the list of how stupid you are, or would you like to just clam up now?

Post September 11th, 2004, 1:33 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea honestly, you must be trying to hit your head.

Though, I just find that people, well, wannabe enthusiasts in particular like to bash rides, especially popular ones or "GP" faves just to grab some attention. Some people say that Raptors too rough. Yea, your head will wander to the restraint in the cobra roll, but thats only if you are trying to ride limp. And the last turn? Not a problem, follow directions.

How many times do I see people putting their heads forward in OTSR's? Just about everyone. Everyones too scared of having their head hit it, so their reaction is to put it out. But you do realize that its harder on your neck and back to absorb and blend the forces that way than it is to keep your head back? What a novel idea!!

So far, it hasnt failed me. Corkscrew at Cedar Point - Arrow Corkscrew, you know your head bangs, but not if you put your head back and keep it there like the DIRECTIONS SAY!! Ive proven this point now with several people.

Same for Raptor. That wicked final turn? keep your head back, it will stay RIGHT in place. Dont lightly keep it there, but dont jam it either, just apply pressure.
Mantis is sort of works, the restraints are just too darn high and the lateral forces are a bit high too.

But yea...I would bet alot on the fact that you, like so many others, just dont ride properly and thus give yourself the bad ride experience. Then come back and bash it. Like MoP said, if you cant ride that you cant ride 75% of whats out there in the world, OTSR or not, its not as rough as alot of other rides.

Post September 11th, 2004, 1:59 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

So far, it hasnt failed me. Corkscrew at Cedar Point - Arrow Corkscrew, you know your head bangs, but not if you put your head back and keep it there like the DIRECTIONS SAY!! Ive proven this point now with several peopl

true, I know when I rode VIper in the afternoon, my eyes were blinded with the sunlight, so I tilted my head forward to get rid of the sun, and it hurt like heck, but when I went on it at night, I didn't get anywhere near the head banging.

Post September 11th, 2004, 8:30 am

master you suck, i only insulted u becuz you insulted me. and did u ride in the back on kumba?

Post September 11th, 2004, 10:09 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by Master of Puppets

I rode Kumba 17 times in one day in March. I sat in every row at least once.

If you had read that, you would know the answer to your question.

I re-rode 3 times sitting right in the back. Advice for BGT, run to Kumba first thing in the morning, there is no one there. Me and my sister rode it with us being the only people on the train. Very weird with nobody screaming on the ride.

We then moved to the back and got to ride three times without getting out of the seat. Never banged my head once.

All rides are better if you keep your head back, Batman at SFGAm is quite noticeable, if you lean forward, you smack your ears against the restraint, if you keep your head back, like that large sign in the queue says to, your head doesn't move at all.

Post September 11th, 2004, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Master of Puppets

All rides are better if you keep your head back, Batman at SFGAm is quite noticeable, if you lean forward, you smack your ears against the restraint, if you keep your head back, like that large sign in the queue says to, your head doesn't move at all.

Its quite the opposite for me actually. I tested this hypothesis when i rode it 26x/2.5 hours. This is probably because im smaller and all, and well, mop, you just a little taller than me, making your head placement higher in the restraint.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions