Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area BIG PROJECT: Pandora Park

BIG PROJECT: Pandora Park

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post January 11th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 2,266.00 Points

Well, I haven't been on the site in a while but this new project i've started is most definitely a reason to come back.

I'm assuming that most of you have seen Avatar? Well, after seeing it now 3 times and buying the soundtrack, i have fallen in love with the movie. So much, that i have started a new project based around the movie.

A custom RCT2 park called "Pandora Park". You enter much like you do in the movie, ie, going through briefing building and everything. Once in the park, there are many different building and sections all having to do with the movie.

There's still a lot I have to make sure will be right but it should be fun. My biggest challenge is that i'm not using ANY custom scenery or rides, all original RCT2 items.

So far the park includes....

SECTIONS:
The Link Lab
(Rides/attractions)
-Link stations 1 and 2 (space rings)
-games gallery and souvenirs

(rides/attractions)
-Agility Tester (go-karts)
-Dr. Augusteens Fun Machine (looping coaster)

The Hangar
(rides/attractions)
-food court
-4 motion simulators
-swinging inverted ship
-First Fligh (stand-up twister coaster)

Pandora (right side)
(rides/attractions)
-Jake Vs. The Beast (dueling wooden coasters)

There isnt much but it's proving to be promising.

Let me know any suggestions you guys may have!!!

Post January 11th, 2010, 9:28 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
some screenshots might be nice. that would make it easier for people to make suggestions.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post January 11th, 2010, 9:37 pm

^I just took a bunch, but cant find them.... new computer, windows 7. Normally they're in computer > program files > infrogrames interactive > roller coaster tycoon 2 > screenshots..... but they're not there

Post January 11th, 2010, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Are they in like my documents or anything? (if that's in 7)

Post January 11th, 2010, 9:45 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

i know RCT3 ends up in documents... try my pictures, it might have made a folder there.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post January 12th, 2010, 7:56 pm

Alright, i was able to locate them through search and got them into documents.... still have no clue where the raw files are but non the less, here are some screens.

Post January 12th, 2010, 10:17 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

looks good, although i don't really see the pandora theme.

Post January 12th, 2010, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I know that on vista you can click "compatibility files" in windows explorer...

Also, it seems that RCT3 would be a much better fit for this. You could then get the lighting of the sacred trees, better custom scenery, CTRs/CFRs, etc.
American Eagle Lover

Post January 13th, 2010, 12:41 pm

Johnny- First, thanks i think that should work. Second, i HATE Rct3, the itnerface and graphics are terrible and theres no way it could handle a park of this magnitude. Plus, i'm not using any custom scenery, but the items i've chose should work fine.

Slosprint- Thanks. The Pandora theme IS in fact there however, it just may be hard to tell from the screens. The briefing building is there, the link lab including link stations made from scenery are there, the avatar training facilities including the obstacle course and the sleeping locations, the large hangar is there with a coaster simulating the large robots controlled by humans, and the dueling wooden coaster simulates when Jake is getting chased by the beast. The finale even represents jake jumping off the cliff next to the waterfall.

So its all there, it might just be hard to see because of the amusement park blending i've done.

Post January 13th, 2010, 1:17 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

ah, in that case it sounds amazing.

Post January 13th, 2010, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
RCT3 has amazing graphics. Just look at this:

Image Insert:
311.74 KB

Image Insert:
319.04 KB

Image Insert:
170.98 KB
American Eagle Lover

Post January 13th, 2010, 6:49 pm

^Eh, I've just never been a fan and I like RCT2 better so that's where I'm building it. I know the program well.

Return to Hard Hat Area