Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports blackpool pleasure beach trip report

blackpool pleasure beach trip report

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post June 3rd, 2008, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

yesterday me, my sister and her boyfriend paul went off to blackpool for a fun day.

we started at the center of blackpool in coral island playing on a few arcade games and looking round the shops untill we moved onto the plasure beach around 11am

walking throught the entrance it was very odly quiet especially for the plasure beach and since the grand national was shut[:(] we headed for the big dipper first.
i love this roller coaster becus it really displayes how great classic coasters still are. it does have some good airtime and the turn at the far end of the out and back circuit always has massive lats and feels far quicker than it really is with all its wonderfull clattering and bumping. the trains i still think are some of the best painted ones too with the red splat on the front of them.

headed then to the pepsi max. again the train was in the station actually waiting for enough people to depart befor it went which was the story all throught the park all day. heading out of the station it seemed like the same old pretty boring pepsi max the uk loves untill you get past the turn around over the entrance to the park. unfortunetly the years arent doing it much good as its starting to show that it is a true morgan hyper coaster especially on the first banked camle back after the turn around as the track seems to have developed a very serious jerk at the top and really slams you about. as usual the first drop was great and the rest just felt quite slow there after but still a half decent ride.

on to the steeple chase. i love this ride as its just a plesent ride with lots of little thrills to make you feel happy and thatrs what it does, it make you feel just happy and stay that way for the rest of the day. we got on this 2 times in a row as again there was no one there at all.

walking round to space invader 2. loverly small indoor ride this time though they had all the lights turned off and none of the day glow light things so it was totally black. and it was far far far better like that and was really pretty good too.

we had to hit valhalla of corse the best indoor flume ride in the world and im pretty shure the wettest. this is such a great ride but would be so much better if they brought back some of the more expensive efects or fixed some of the details of the ride such as when the dogs heads come out it no longer barks and the electric box has been replaced by a strobe light. however some of the other effects were turned up a bit to far. the cold room which used to be fake snow is now real snow and ice on everything and is damb cold, the waterfalls were a bit too close and soaked everyone and the steam room was more like fog in a sauna. its still a great ride with the fire balls at the end and the tunnel of water coming out of the first drop.
now we headed to the local chippy outside the park for some dinner and went in the lucky star arcade for a while befor reentering the park and heading for the roller coaster. a loverly fun old little ride. still had the original cars and not the new ones with the lap bars, just got the seat belts still which theres no point to as unless you standup and jump out of your fine as it was for years and years up untill 2 years ago[:(]

of corse yay for the avalance. bobsled coasters are cool and the avalance is really just a slarlom and 2 helixs but it does get very quick at the end and there are some lil pops of airtime too on the transitions between turns. its great to sit at the back too cuz you can see the other cars going very high up some of the turns.

iron-bru revolution is a good old looper with a loop forward and backwards, great at the front becuse you carnt judge the distance where your going to hit the steep climb down from the platform at the top so you really get a good jolt of airtime befor quite an intence loop.

infusion is getting rougher but what do you expect from a vekoma SLC. its still great beiing around all the fountains and i still really like the cascade of water under the wingover. its altogether a really good ride and i still love that the ride is coloured nothine but diffrent shades of blue.

wild mouse was really fun and one of the rides i really really like.its small compact and has in the best way i can describe it a cartoon feel with on some of the dips the train seems to dissapear beneath you and the you catch up. its just a great lil coaster thats one hell of alot of fun.

we did do other rides to such as alice in wonderland, infusion, the ghost train, maximas flying machines, impossiable, raumer towers, the horses (big carasel thingy), ice blast, noahs ark, the park train, the gold mine, the river boat ride and the superbowl bumper cars plus some rerides of most of these too. all before we went back up central for some more amusements and to go home.

all in all it was a really really really good day out. the weather was good and the park was pretty empty. so alot of fun and rides was had all day.

Making screams come true

Post June 3rd, 2008, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

nice pics [;)]
Founder of the (Un-Official) Site Welcoming Crew --- I'M CUCKOO FOR COASTERCRAZY!!!

Post June 3rd, 2008, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Cool report gazag. I'll be going there in about a month, so i'll be putting up a report too :D

Post June 5th, 2008, 12:40 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Thanks for posting this, Pleasure beach looks like a very unique park.
Nice pics too.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports