Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Boardwalk Bullet - Photos & POV Video!

Boardwalk Bullet - Photos & POV Video!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 30th, 2007, 3:14 am

Points on hand: 2,854.00 Points
Hey everyone!

We had a film shoot out at Kemah Boardwalk last weekend and now I've got the photos & video to share with you all!

We arrived at 9:00 in the morning and met with about 25 TPR members for a filming session that would take them through 17 rides on Texas' most aggressive, most INSANE wooden roller coaster!

Let me warn you now, Boardwalk Bullet is NOT for the weak! This ride will tear you a new soul!!! If you're looking for an intense roller coaster, Boardwalk Bullet is THE place in Texas to be.

The ride covers a serious amount of track in a very small, compact space. The design of the ride is fantastic, although I do have to say that some of the trackwork leaves a bit to be desired. It sort of feels like a "GCI woodie that doesn't track very well." I am told though, that a lot of the track work will get attention over the off season. That's a good thing!

It was nice to see Houston get a wooden coaster so quickly after Texas Cyclone was destroyed. At least this is a tradition that will live on in Southern Texas.

Anyway, onto some pictures....

There sits Boardwalk Bullet. So innocent looking. It's about to make me scream like a little girl!

The TPR gang showed up and was ready to ride. They look happy now...I wonder if they will still look this way in 2 hours! =)

You guys ready to lose one of your nine lives?

Do NOT let that first drop fool you! This is some insane s**t!!!!

Just look at what it does to that perfect hair-do....let's take a closer look...

Hair explosion!

Geesus, you can't even SEE the track!

Everything is such a blur.

Once again...the track disappears out from under you.

KidTums wants to ride SO BAD...maybe next year? =)

Here's one for the lift hill enthusiats.

From here you can see how insanely dense the structure is.

Boardwalk Bullet should be the first coaster with a boat dock.

And just in case you have forgotten what coaster this update is about...

You can download the POV video which includes tons of footage of the ride here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... 40_190.zip

Enjoy!

--Robb Alvey
www.themeparkreview.com
Last edited by robbalvey on October 30th, 2007, 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 30th, 2007, 9:45 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Cool pictures and great video. It certainly does look like a beast.

Post October 30th, 2007, 11:00 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Wow, that must be SO AWESOME! I'm moving to texas right now!
No, seriously! Those was some awesome footage! And I think I saw Minicoopertx in the video! Any confirmation?

Post October 30th, 2007, 2:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

WICKED Video! That ride looks amazing, it still just baffles me how all that track manages to fit together so well, and the supports do too. If only i lived in America.... well, for a week or so, that would do me. Then i'd come home again [:D]

Post October 30th, 2007, 2:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Thanks for sharing man! If I am not mistaken, that appears to be "one of our own wws'ers" in the back left-hand seat. [;)] I agree Vid, I believe that is who it is.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post October 30th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Oh fine, no one sees Jakizle in the third row in the blue shirt :P.

Robb, you did a fantastic job with the video and it was a blast to meet you and ride SO much on Sunday! I'm sure anyone that was there will agree that regardless of how much they love coasters, 15+ rides on this beast was more than enough! It was just so intense!

Post October 30th, 2007, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Robb and Elissa your child is beautiful!

And yes indeed this is some great imagery I'm lookin' at! You guys always know how to make a great ride look even better! Nice video as well!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post November 1st, 2007, 9:50 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i saw Minicoopertx too, he took the time to wave and say hi, but he also looked like he knew the ride well enough to go back to paying attention to it! it was like "hey guys (sorry, riding right now, cant talk)"
thanks for saying hi! from the pov it looks like this ride is EVERYTHING you said it was and more!

Return to General Theme Park Discussions