Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Bootcamp question for mac AND PC Users

Bootcamp question for mac AND PC Users

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 5th, 2009, 12:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,728.00 Points
1) Do any of you Mac users use bootcamp? I know this question has been beaten to death, but since I have another topic or two to address I felt the need to re-ask. I really wanted to install a PC OS so I can use some tools, but if the tools aren't worth the trouble of bootcamp, I'm going to forgo it.

2) Will NL Tools run on XP? Or do I need Vista? That might be a stupid question, but it's been years since I've owned something that wasn't a mac. And for PC Users, is Vista all right? I know it had a lot of issues with like.... working.... at all... in the beginning, but that was a long time ago.

So I guess the question is three-fold: Does bootcamp work all right, are the NL tools worth it, and which version of the Windows OS should I get?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Because for the occasion that you are pretty.

Post July 5th, 2009, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
1. I wouldn't know anything about the bootcamp for mac's because I don't own a mac, so I can't help you there.

2. Your best bet is to run the programs on Xp, I personally don't have problems with Vista, but other people do, so Xp is the safest bet.

3. Vista is alright, better than people make it out to be. The UAC (the thing that comes up when you try to install something) has actually helped stop viruses from entering and installing programs onto computers. Sure the layout and look of Vista is different from Xp, but people are going to have to get used to updating technology.

Post July 11th, 2009, 8:57 am

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

I use Bootcamp with xp for tools and it runs perfectly.

Post July 11th, 2009, 9:19 am

Points on hand: 829.00 Points

i use windows xp sometimes on my mac, Bootcamp is easy to use and XP works just as good as it would on a windows pc.
tools work on both but i advise you to just use XP as it uses much less HD space than vista.

Return to No Limits Coaster