Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion bored of Christmas?

bored of Christmas?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 2nd, 2004, 3:55 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,918.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

September 20th - Spotted first advert which advertised Christmas presents and had a Christmas theme.

November 10th - The Christmas lights are turned on in Wolverhampton city centre. (Wolverhampton is where I live)

November 25th - Local shopping centre puts up Christmas decertaions and lights.

Today (December 2nd) - First Christmas lights appear in my street.

Now, ok, forgive me if I sound like a bit of a scrooge, but is that not a bit ridiculous? I mean, seriously come on, what the hell, its over 20 days to Christmas and already I wish it was over. All you hear is "Chrsitmas this, Christmas that blaaa blaaa blaaa Christmas blaaa blaaa Egg Nog blaaaa etc....." [lol] The tv has been taken over by generic avderts again, advertising bollocks comedy videos that aren't funny, football out-take videos which everyone has seen anyway and D list celebraties telling us to order their Sofa's now in order for them to be delivered by Christmas.........GOD WHEN WILL IT END! [lol]

Post December 2nd, 2004, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

You sir need to let loose and have some fun ;)

But seriously, how could you not like Christmas? Even if all the flashy lights and decorations are cheesy and stuff, YOU GET FREE STUFF :D:D

Post December 2nd, 2004, 4:07 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,918.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I never said that I didn't like Christmas ,Christmas is great, but its better when it happens at CHRISTMAS TIME, and not half way through autumn, Come on, you have to agree that September 20th is a bit early for Christmas ads to start plagueing the TV

Post December 2nd, 2004, 4:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Well, if you are talking about tv ads I think they should all be banished whether they are for Christmas or not haha

Post December 2nd, 2004, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
Yeah, commercials suck.[approve]
Oh well, I can't afford a tivo. [V]

But yeah, I'm already sick of ads. (and we're not even into full season yet!! [:(!])

Though you can't blame 'em, Christmas is the best sales time of the year.

Post December 2nd, 2004, 7:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Christmas has been so commercialized now that the actual meaning of Christmas is beginning to disappear. Yea, the lights are cool and getting gifts is cool but that's all people these days seem to care about making money off of a holiday. The mall near my house began setting up decorations early november (Around Veteran's day to be exact) and the local Wal marts have been getting christmas stuff set up before halloween. Now, that's getting crazy.

Post December 2nd, 2004, 9:38 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Oh well, I can't afford a tivo.

Add it to your Christmas List [:P]
Personally I like Christmas, cuz you get a new stock of supplies of stuff to break, and/or get boared of. But it's not all about the presents and crap, theirs spiritual meaning also. But the other stuff makes it that much better. Everything's all nice and christmassy, I hope I get a red rider bb gun for christmas!

Post December 2nd, 2004, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
Originally posted by thecool326

Oh well, I can't afford a tivo.

Add it to your Christmas List [:P]

Auctually, my dad got one, but decided to return it cause of the monthly fee.

Yeah, unfortunately, the spiritual meaning of Christmas has been overshadowed by commerciaism. Oh well, stuff happens.

Originally posted by thecool326

I hope I get a red rider bb gun for christmas!

Careful, you'll shoot your eye out!

Return to Off Topic Discussion