Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Build coaster part 2

Build coaster part 2

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 3rd, 2003, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,968.00 Points
I have been wondering myself about something:

Do you guys pre-plan your layouts with graph paper or drawings or anything like that before you start creating your coaster? Or do you just wing it and fly by the seat of your pants, designing as you go?
I just design as I go, but I have been wondering lately whether I could improve my tracks by adding a pre-planning phase. Just curious as to how you guys approach design.

Post August 3rd, 2003, 11:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Well, when I start I always have an Idea of how I want the coaster to be so I know its not going to be crappy when i just make the coaster off of the top of my head. But the layout is something that I usually design as I go instead of planning the layout before hand. It usually helps me make the best design as I go instead of planning something out before hand and then realizing that it's gonna be unsuccessful or something.

Post August 3rd, 2003, 11:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
I normally start of with a basic idea and cinda wing it. Same with almost every other thing that I do lol

Post August 4th, 2003, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
I usually have a few thoughts that I would like to put into the layout. So I begin making it and I test out different ideas that will work at certain places. But alot of it is on the spot, I can just look at something and just think, "wouldn't it be cool if I put such-n-such and element there and then had it go over there and do a cool movement there, then go over here."

Post August 4th, 2003, 8:47 am

Points on hand: 3,604.00 Points

First i think about what type of track, should it be inverted or hyper or what. Then i think of how i want to go and i get a visual image of some of the emliments and the pacing. Then i go about designing it. I make a few changes that improve on the design, but for the most part it looks like the way i planed it

Post August 4th, 2003, 10:08 am

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

I just get an idea for a coaster and a few elements that will be in there and then just go from there. Therre is only 1 track that has been preplanned, which only some of you know about [;)] which is gonna be big.

Return to No Limits Coaster