Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Busch Gardens trip report.

Busch Gardens trip report.

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 3rd, 2003, 11:33 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Ok here is my trip report.

4/29/03

Tuesday morning I wake up around 5:00am and get ready to leave.My ride arrives at 6:13am & get on the road for the 3 hour drive.We get to the house around 9:15am & about 10:15am we head to the park a get our season passes for $51.95 then we get into the park at around 10:25am & we head to Montu.Montu was walk on,but they were running only 1 train all 3 days I was there so front row was about a 20 minute wait & the rest of the seats were all about a 2 minute wait.So I get on front row.It was really fun with all the trenches & tunnels.After that I get some shots with my camera.Next we head to the animal part just to check it out & the lay out of the walk ways were kinda confusing to me.After I finally find our way our my sister and here baby had to go to the docter.So now its just me.So I head to Scorpion & get a ride on that on front row & all seats were walk on.Its a pretty cool coaster,alot better then I expected though it did lack some G's in the helix.After that I walk to Kumba and get in the front row line.Kumba was walk on 2 of the 3 days I was there.So this was my first time on Kumba & man was it fun.Its now my Favorite coaster.So I get off and get back in line for a back row ride.It was fun to,but I was hooked on the front.After the I get back in line for a front row again & it was even more fun.So I finally didn't get back in line & I head to Python.It was about a 2 minute wait for front row so I get in line for front row.Python is a very short ride witch I didn't like so much.After I get off Python I head to Scorpion again for a front row ride.All the coasters were running 1 train except Kumba.I head back to the front of the park to ride Montu again in front row.After that I head to Gwazi.I was so excited,but when I get there only one side was running witch so d**n mad.So I go head & ride in front row & it was a great ride even without the other side,but with my luck a guy that had a few beers comes & sits in front row with me & he was going wild while we were going though the course & when we get back in the station he asks the ride ops can me & him go again & they let us go again.After we get back to the station after the 2nd ride I said,"Hey,I got to go ok." so I get off and he asks again can he stay on & they let him & I head to the front to be picked up at 4:00pm & it was about 3:15pm.Rain clouds were coming too & dummy me I head back to Gwazi to get a ride & they had closed it even though it was rainning.So after about 10 minutes of waiting I just left the line & I was heading back to the front of the park,but after I took like 3 steps its started pooring down rain.So I was stuck.I was was at the Gwazi lockers witch has a roof over it.The rain wasn't letting up & I couldn't keep my sister waiting to it stoped.So I ran out into the rain & run for the first roof I can find witch was a long way away & by the time I get there I was soaked.So I ran to the entrence of the park & my sister was waiting in the rain & we head to the car.On the way back to the house I had me some Checkers(its a food place like Burger King)Just to make this report shorter the other 2 days were the same as the first & all 3 days It rained.Overall I got on Gwazi 3 times,Kumba 8 times & 7 of 8 times was in front row.Montu I rode in front every time witch was 4 times.Scorpion I got on 2 times & Python I got on 1 time.I'll be going to IOA this year too so look for a trip report for that too.Im also going back to BGT in the summer & I'll work even harder to get good shots & an on ride for Montu.
Last edited by Xtreme15 on May 4th, 2003, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 4th, 2003, 1:26 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post May 4th, 2003, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points

Post May 5th, 2003, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Sounds like it was great fun there, that park really has some awesome rides [8D]

Post May 5th, 2003, 10:45 am

Points on hand: 2,968.00 Points

Lucky you [8D] BGT looks like such an awesome park with awesome coasters.

Post May 5th, 2003, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post May 5th, 2003, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
I've been there, but I was too little to ride Montu, Kumba, or Scorpion. But I did ride Gwazi which is the best wooden coaster I have been on! [8D]

Post May 6th, 2003, 10:12 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Yes,I think Busch Gardens is one of the bests parks out there.The theming is amazing!!And all the rides are awesome & Kumba is the best coaster I've ever ridin!!

Post November 7th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,505.00 Points
Personally, i think the williamsburg busch gardens is better, but they are both still awesome parks. Second, does anyone got news about when Williamsburg is gonna build the new country(which I hope is Spain)?

Post November 7th, 2009, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post November 7th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Originally posted by kooliokid

Personally, i think the williamsburg busch gardens is better, but they are both still awesome parks. Second, does anyone got news about when Williamsburg is gonna build the new country(which I hope is Spain)?

Release of information is not all too far away. [;)]
Just keep scrolling...

Post November 7th, 2009, 11:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Some people don't have stuff to do...
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports