Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Busch Gardens Trip

Busch Gardens Trip

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post August 26th, 2009, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Hey all.

I'm heading to BG Williamsburg this weekend to ride BBW before it closes.

If anyone has been to BG recently...can someone tell me which ride lines build up first and fastest and which order I should ride them in to best have a chance to ride all in a timely manner??

Thanks a bunch in advance and I'll tkae video if I can.
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on August 27th, 2009, 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 27th, 2009, 4:48 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
*moved topic to correct subforum*
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 27th, 2009, 9:54 am

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
I'd say go straight to the wolf if that's what you're there for. All the lines get pretty packed soon after opening on weekends.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 27th, 2009, 10:29 am

Would you say go the BBW first and then Griffon??...That's what I think was what we were gonna do, but I wanted to see if there is one particular ride that builds up faster. Will I be able to get on all 6 coasters if I am there from 12 to 8 PM?

Post August 27th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 650.00 Points
aw, gay!

it just said busch gardens...

i thought, TAMPA!? MAYBE!?

i live thirty minutes away from tampa

but alright nevermind =/
So say we all.

Post August 27th, 2009, 4:45 pm

HAHA I was there last year...sorry...maybe going next spring tho!!!

Post August 27th, 2009, 6:23 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,270.00 Points

Went there two weeks ago. BBW opens at 11 AM, so if you get there at 10 (when the park opens) it doesn't mean all the rides are open. I was lucky enough to go when it was supposed to rain. It did eventually rain but the threat of rain kept most people off the coasters.

Gryphon and Alpengeist had the longest wait (about 20min right after some heavy rain but then many people started going on it and it got to about 40-50min). Loch Ness had no wait at all, Apollo had a 5min wait when I got there at about 10:15 and BBW had a 10min wait but quickly got to about 40min.

Apollo and Loch Ness are about the same distance to get to but to get to the rides that will fill up the quickest. Try going Apollo then BBW because you go past Apollo to get to BBW and that will close the gap for when BBW opens then Alpengeist will be the next closest, followed by Griffin. LocH Ness should have no wait so you can hit it whenever you want. That's almost how I did it and didn't really have to wait. Hope that helps.[:)]

Post August 27th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Thank you so much! That should help alot. Do you know if Grover's Alpine Express can be riddeon by anyone?? Or do you need a child to ride?? I want the credit. LOL

If anyone else has anything else to add it's much appreciated!!!

Post August 27th, 2009, 6:54 pm

^How'd you spell Griffon wrong twice in one post?

Originally posted by dmillz

Would you say go the BBW first and then Griffon??...That's what I think was what we were gonna do, but I wanted to see if there is one particular ride that builds up faster. Will I be able to get on all 6 coasters if I am there from 12 to 8 PM?

Yeah. I'd say go to BBW either first thing, or complete last. It usually has longer lines than the other coasters, with the exception of Griffon. And yes, I think you'll be able to ride all 5 major coasters. I'm guessing you're counting Grover as the 6th?
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 27th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Yea I'm counting it IF there isn't a "child only" rule and I can't find a kid. LOL

Post August 28th, 2009, 2:53 am

No, I've ridden it 3 times alone. The back is actually decent. Haha
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 28th, 2009, 8:10 am

Ok well then I'll use this stuff to help me.

THANKS GUYS!!!

Post August 28th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
Lochness monster the back is the only place worth riding. Its a very good ride in the back. Everywhere else doesn't feel very intense or feels too slow.

Griffon the front, self explanatory. Wind in your face and theres barely a drop pull difference from the back.

Alpengeist front because you go up inversions faster and wind in your face.

Apollo's Chariot while its good in the back because you get more of a drop pull when going down, the wind in your face in the front is THE BEST in all of Virginia by a tremendous margin. Front left seat is bliss. The wind smashes your ear drums and attacks your face like no other ride I've been on before, its an amazing sensation which makes the front that much better than the back and makes it tied with Volcano as my favorite rollercoaster.

Post August 28th, 2009, 10:20 pm

That helps too!...I leave at 4 AM so I will let you guys know all about it when I get back Sunday.

Return to Theme Park Meets