Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2007

Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2007

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 3rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

I'm willing to bet it's a shuttle coaster of some sort or a drop tower. Perhaps another Deja Vu clone, or maybe even a premier shuttle similar to Batman and Robin: The Chiller. Obviously these are not the most likely of choices, but I just have a feeling it isn't going to be a Beemer or another Intamin Accelerator coaster, since neither of these would make the most of the money as well as make the most of the family-oriented guests. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Dive coaster though.

Post March 3rd, 2006, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,238.00 Points
are you people retarded? can you not read correctly?!?!?! i said they could EXTEND the contract. the guy i get my information from is a news person that goes to media day events for media only. he also gets news from parks about upcoming atractions. he's well known at BGW and PKD also. his shows are on coastershow.rctcompetition.com

Post March 3rd, 2006, 11:37 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ robb alvey gets that kind of stuff, but that doesn't neccessarily mean he knows all. They get hints, but they never get the "whats next." Only the higher up management knows that, and a select few who can keep it confidential. Fact is, your friend doesn't know for sure anyways for the exact reason I just mentioned, that and why would BGW want to release information about thier ride before they're ready?

Post March 4th, 2006, 2:36 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by owen jay

Park's don't build rides for coasterfreaks they build for the general public.

GP doesn't care what coasters are coming to a park, in their eyes every new coaster is good

Post March 4th, 2006, 10:22 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

It seems Hepta knows his stuff about BGW, so im going to believe what he says over the random ones.

I like the sound of the B&M 4d. They have been rumoured for ages now, and nothing much happened with it. It would be good to finally see something to do with one. After all B&M are due to bring out a new ride design soon i think, the last one was the flyer and that was a while ago now.

BTW whats the deal with people saying BGW is a family park so cant get any monster rides?? I see what you mean in some respects, but most parks have at least 1 pretty frightening coaster, even if they are a family park. And alpengeist and Apollos chariot look like 2 pretty big rides to me!

Post March 4th, 2006, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
MAYBE IT WILL BE A GRAVITY GROUP WOODIE!!![;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][lol], Im really hopeing for either an intiman rocket or a b&m 4d or dive machine. But i think i'll put my money on a 4d just because it would be lame for 2 parks owned by busch have dive machines

Post March 4th, 2006, 10:58 am

Points on hand: 2,184.00 Points

I think we are in for a KK mini-clone so if it is I wouln't be suprised

Post March 4th, 2006, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 2,184.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

MAYBE IT WILL BE A GRAVITY GROUP WOODIE!!![;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][lol], Im really hopeing for either an intiman rocket or a b&m 4d or dive machine. But i think i'll put my money on a 4d just because it would be lame for 2 parks owned by busch have dive machines

Hey look at SF how many hypers and floorless coasters do they have, A TON so I wouldn't be suprised ot it was a dive machine

Post March 4th, 2006, 11:26 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post March 4th, 2006, 2:14 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ so a ton of other six flags have floorless coasters. What you forget is that most people will never go to both, so it won't matter.Insert

Post March 4th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Thank you jpe.

E-man, I can promise it wont be a Deja-Vu clone. There going for something original, that will give and give, not be the hype for one year, and then another coaster with 15 minute lines. As of right now, im almost positive its a beemer. They wouldnt bring in a random company like Premier, and it will most definetly not be a clone. As i said, there going big.

Post March 4th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Hepta, you can't promise me that. You can say its very unlikely, but dont promise it. And by Deja Vu clone, I meant a ride similar to it, not a clone, and like I said, I know it's unlikely. And how in the heck would you know they won't bring in Premier. It would be a great original addition to the BG chain, and would fill in the gap at BGW since they lack any form of a launched coaster. I was just bringing up some other possible rides, seems nowadays someone posts a new ride plan and everyone assumes it's a Beemer or Intamin, while Premier and others have been due for a new mainstream ride. We can only be sure what it is once construction has begun or the park has released the info, until then please don't expose your ignorance by trying to sound as if you know everything about the new addition, when in reality you know little more than the rest of us if even.

Post March 4th, 2006, 5:29 pm

I respect your opinion, and see where your coming from, but if we all want to know that bad, i can give my contact a call and see if he knows. As you say, I can't promise, but it is very unlikely that it will be a similar ride to Deja-Vu. Althoguh it seems as that everyone wants or assumes it to be a Beemer or Intamin, seeing Busch's past history, and how the last coasters in Busch parks have all been B&M,they will probably stick with B&M. But i could be wrong, and as i said, i will see what i can find out.

[Edit]: Just realizing from a post a a different site, Drachen Fire pretty much sealed up Busch's relations with Arrow/S&S.

Look, I dont just assume because i like B&M or Intamin, I actually think about whats possible.

Post March 4th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 711.00 Points
I'm willing to bet its gonna be a monstrous woodie, cause the park is in dire need of a wooden coaster. Plus, there have been a LOT of nice, new wooden coasters coming out lately, so it wouldnt shock me in the least. Its nice to think about a dive machine or 4-D, but I just think its gonna be a GG woodie or an Intamin woodie (to out-do El Toro) lol

Post March 4th, 2006, 6:25 pm

i wish they kept drachen fire hepta it looked so fun, but it makes sence that they would cancel there little thing with arrow/s&s do to so many complaints bout drachen fire and then they took it out

Post March 4th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Post March 4th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Post March 4th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I rode it once, and got killed. It was pretty bad. The cutback absolutely sucked. Im glad they got rid of it. Clears up room for a new kick-butt ride.

Post March 4th, 2006, 7:01 pm

^ I understand where your coming from.

There are many opinions about that ride, but most of them are either really good, or really bad. As to roughness, the ride itself was a bit rough, but it was an Arrow, what could you expect, but the worst part was the trains. The whole ride was decent, it just needed some care, and better trains.

Post March 4th, 2006, 7:23 pm

well if the new rides going in france? then they could build another coaster where drachen fire is :)!! ive been thinking about that for a while now and nothing happened but we'll see. But the only thing is for Hallo scream they have a hauntedhouse in the drachen fire station i think?

Post March 4th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah, when I went in October 2004 the station was a haunted house. Its kinda ironic[lol]

Post March 4th, 2006, 10:37 pm

^ Yeah, its called Sleepy Hollow Manor.

[Update]:
Well, i looked at the paper this morning, and there it was. Front page news. Even though this is against what i've heard, its just some reporter guy, as he said, he doesnt really know anything. Oh, and i'll hopefully be able to attend the meeting tonight.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/va-news2_ ... ll=va-news

Post March 8th, 2006, 4:43 pm

5 acres?! this thing is gonna be massive!! but in the article it said bout taking out le scoot?! they cant i love that ride so many good times on that thing lol well still sounds like the ride will be big a 240 foot drop:)well cant wait to see wut it will be

Post March 8th, 2006, 4:47 pm

^ Personally, i doubt they will take it out. Its a great family ride, and there always atleast a 45 minute wait. If that is where they end up putting the new coaster then im pretty sure they will move the ride somewhere else.

Post March 8th, 2006, 4:58 pm

that would take a while to move and to where? they would have no room. but wow 5 acres if thats right busch gardens is really planning something big now im thinking its gonna be a REAL big b&m 4d or an intiman rocket like storm runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!