Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2007

Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2007

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 8th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

^To the outside of the park. Thats one thing i don't understand, why they dont build out there, theres so much room, and it wouldnt take longer than building a coaster...

But yeah, there going big.

Post March 8th, 2006, 5:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,672.00 Points
That is a really bad spot of a coaster as well. They have done a good job of spreading their coasters out throughout the park and this just seems too close to Alpengeist. I think that somewhere in Spain is good because there isn't a roller coaster in that country and that country doesn't have any rides or anything. Anyway, a new coaster sounds sweet! I can't wait to see what happens!

Post March 8th, 2006, 6:00 pm

Maybe there's no coaster in "Spain" because there is no "Spain" at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. [LOL]

Okie dokie, Update:

Ok, on other news, i got my Passport Member "Euro News" brochure in the main today, and the first thing i noticed on the cover, was that a yellow Vekoma/Arrow was coming out of the entrance castle
thing to Ireland(Photoshopped, of course), and the ride is exiting a corckscrew, and it has red restraints. Yeah, uh, thats not Loch Ness Monster, and well Busch has the tendency to stral other rides for their news stuff . I dunno why, they just do. Theres nothing much in there, except it says that DarKastle has upgrades and some ove the events, but most of them are boring. There's a new show called "Emerald Beat", and it has some Irish dancers(actually from Ireland) with some special effects and licghts and fog and stuff. Some band called Hi-5 is coming too. I will be attending the passport preview day on the 19th, visiting the now officially call Busch Gardens Europe(Is it BGE now?). That sums it up for now.

About Le Scoot, the ride itself takes up the most minimal ammount of space, the biggest part is the station and splash section next to the station, and even if yhey took it out, the ride would be intertwined with Alpengiest, not practical. The whole layout is 45* turn, lift, 10' drop, 270* right turn, 15' drop, 90* right turn, 180* left turn, straightaway into a sawmill, big drop, straightaway, 180* left turnaround into the station.(Right before the drop, in the sawmill is a giant saw that looks like its gonna chop you, good effect for 1975 [LOL]).

greetz
Hepta

Post March 9th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
there not buidling a fricken vekoma/arrow they busch gardens always makes stuff on brochures that arent real, i jus looked at the 2004 brochure and it has a pic of a yellow arrow/vekoma with red resitraints they always use that pic i garantee its not gonna be that

Post March 9th, 2006, 9:37 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I hope that bush gardens williamsburg builds a rocket coaster or a hyper coaster or a vertical drop coaster. I think that bush gardens williamsburg really needs a good coaster they have some really good coasters in there park. I would like to see a rocket coaster that has inversions like the storm runner at Hershey park but longer and higher. If they get a hyper coaster I hope that it is a bm hyper coaster that is fast and smooth like the nitro at six flags great adventure or a wooden coaster like the el toro at six flags great adventure. I think that bush gardens really needs a new wooden coaster they only have the guzi at bush gardens tampa bay I hope that it is a really big wooden out and back coaster like the el toro or the colossus that would be really cool but we will have to wait until next year to find out what ever tipe of coaster they build I am sure it will be fun and really thrilling and something never done before. It would be really cool if they build a coaster like the colossus at thorpe park but with different theming or a stand up bm coaster or a a coaster like the xterm at six flags magic mountain that would be really cool to see. We will just have to wait until next year to find out what type of coaster it is. I think that bush gardens will theme this coaster really good they usually theme there coasters really well.

Post March 9th, 2006, 10:21 pm

CK, im not stupid [LOL].
I was just pointing out that they used some other ride on the cover. I think ive made it clear I think its gonna be a B&M. Chrisps, in case you didnt notice, Busch Gardens has a B&M hyper coaster. And, I understand you have trouble writing? If not... that was a pretty long runon sentance. ragan...

Post March 11th, 2006, 7:28 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

I say B&M too. In the article, it says that the ride will crete minimal noise. Rocket coasters are loud, and I don't believe there is any was to reduce the amount of noise they make. Beemers on the other hnd can be filled with sand and become virtually silent. Just take a look at the Black mamba video to see what I'm talking about.

Post March 16th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Yeah, I've said before that i think it will be B&M.

Post March 16th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Whatever it is, from what i've read from the article it sounds like its gonna be great.

Post March 19th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,819.00 Points
Don't rule out the possibility of terrain flyer, similar to Tatsu. And knowing Busch, this flyer would be a record-breaker in one form or another, and would porbably feature a new inversion.

Post March 19th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Post March 27th, 2006, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 2,067.00 Points
I would love to see something similar to the Van Helsing Robocoaster that Universal was going to build at IOA be built at BGW. Of course, that would be too similar to Darkastle, so that would be automatically ruled out. But I would still love to see it...

Post March 27th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Post March 28th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Post March 28th, 2006, 7:16 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Its possible they aren't getting a coaster at all, but maybe an Intamin Freefal, or S&S combo tower, who knows. Or maybe it will get a new coaster that's 200+ feet high, who knows for sure.

Post March 28th, 2006, 10:24 pm

Post March 28th, 2006, 10:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Exactly, and I dont think they would call a towers base an embarking/disembarking station, or need extra auxilary buildings, or buildings that at close to 40 feet tall.

I say its a coaster for sure, and my bets are on a dive machine, BGT got one so it seems perfectly appropriate for Williamsburg to get one aswell.

Post March 28th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Well then this one is gonna be way bigger then Shiekra then cause
Shiekra definatly doesnt take up 5 acres. I wouldnt mind a dive machine but being on shiekra already it wouldnt really be anything new to me so im really hopeing for a b&m 4d

Post March 28th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post March 28th, 2006, 11:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Yea....Sheikra takes up far more than 5 acres including supports, surrounding paths vital to the ride, etc.

Post March 29th, 2006, 4:06 pm

^ It takes up more, but I wouldn't really say far more. Anyways, I have a strong feeling it will be a dive machine, if not the 4D. As i said, they are going big, and it does seem to fit, a little bit. But i'm leaning twords the DM. I'll ask my contacts if they know.

Edit:
Just in my inbox:
Hello,
Yes we are the civil engineers for Busch Gardens and will be working on the new attraction to be located in New France. We do have "contact" with Henderson, Inc. as they are also our clients. I am not at liberty at this time to divulge any other information about this upcoming attraction. Any further updates will be submitted to local newspapers. Thank you for your interest.
^Meh, oh well. I'll keep bugging them.

Post March 29th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
I think the S&S tower is a big possibility, although I think the ride will proably be a big coaster because of the 400th anniversary of Jamestown.

Post March 29th, 2006, 9:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

5 acres isnt much.

true, but for a coaster, its more than enough

my guess is either a dive machine or some kinda new ride from S&S Arrow to be similar to Drachen Fire

Post March 29th, 2006, 9:32 pm

Post March 29th, 2006, 9:42 pm

IF it is a dive machine it needs to have like a flying snake dive weeeeee

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!