Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! InvadR - Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2017

InvadR - Busch Gardens Williamsburg 2017

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Reminds me of the Ravine Flyer 2 @ Waldameer....if you took out all the actual fast exciting bits.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It reminds me of a slower, less eventful version of Hades's station dropout.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

This is hands down the worst GCI layout I've seen. like by a long god damned shot.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
The only real hope it has is if it's very heavily wooded/tunneled/themed. Other than that looks likely to be a snoozer.

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Please excuse my incorrect opinion -- I think it looks like a really good family coaster.
Last edited by AmatsuNL on April 19th, 2016, 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

My opinion was declared from my own personal desires. Yes it's a great family coaster. But for me it's lacking
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like a fun little family coaster.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
This is likely the worst roller coaster ever designed.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I think some people may have been expecting a little too much out of a family wood coaster. To me, this looks like a perfectly decent family ride that fills a spot BGW was previously lacking in their lineup. No, it is not the greatest GCI ever, and while it isn't the most interesting ride it certainly isn't a bad coaster.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Objective thinking isn't allowed in coaster enthusiasm.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Where was this advertised as a family ride? Also, what the hell has this park's management been smoking for the past few years? Tempesto was a terrible investment in a stupid location. It's not a bad ride, but it makes no sense compared to the size of the park. I mean Verbolten made sense, but these last two ride choices are just stupid.

It's like upper level management was pissed off that they bought GCI trains to try and rescue Gwazi and then was like "love it lets put a tiny thing in Virginia since we already had Virginia send its wild mouse to Florida".
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^That's what I was wondering. I'm personally not aware if it was advertised as a family coaster. I think all it was advertised as was wooden, if that. So I can't say that it's decent for a family coaster--it is objectively not great for a roller coaster and as a result we could call it a family coaster.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot35 wrote:
^That's what I was wondering. I'm personally not aware if it was advertised as a family coaster. I think all it was advertised as was wooden, if that. So I can't say that it's decent for a family coaster--it is objectively not great for a roller coaster and as a result we could call it a family coaster.

It looks exactly like a standard weak GCI coaster. I don't understand why people are so quick to hate on it while orgasming over their other similar projects. If anything it's a shorter version of Prowler with more straight hills that might actually have air. People calling it a family coaster when it's clearly intended not to be one if they're pushing airtime is the GCI fanbase pretending it's not what it is. I think it still has hope and GCI could have accidentally included air in the back rows since it appears smashed into a small space, which forces them to be creative instead of sprawling a bunch of turns around.

This is from Verbolten's press release, where they actually call it a family coaster:
"Verbolten???s low 48-inch ride-height requirement and exhilarating but not overpowering ride experience, will appeal to extreme coaster aficionados as well as to parents who want to introduce their children to the thrill of a roller coaster ride"

Where is the family coaster description for this ride?

If you want to get bumped around in a turn for a bit go on an old Jet Star, which executed that concept much better, and has that same amount of "airtime".

And while I'm in a ranty mood, why is Tempesto painted such ass colors and built almost on top of Apollo? They have room at that place!

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Where was this advertised as a family ride?

While I can't find anything official from the park, a google search pulled up three different articles on the first page that referred to the ride as a family coaster in some way (either explicitly or by referencing that the height requirement allows parents and children to ride together, which I'd say is enough). Additionally, based on the fact that Verbolten is considered a family coaster and a comparison of the statistics I think it would be pretty obvious the park wasn't going for a big thrill ride with this one. Just because a ride has airtime doesn't mean it isn't a family coaster.

I'm actually curious what led people to think the project would be a serious thrill ride. After rewatching the videos, there are plenty of hints at a family attraction but few (if any) that point toward thrill ride.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

True Addicts
True Addicts

Well I did some googling too and I'll stand corrected since the corporate announcement (not park announcement) does out right say it's family in clear english, but the park's own webpage doesn't lol. Would be nice if you didn't have to dig through the perils of corporate for that and they said it on the park's website.

Makes more sense now as an investment at least, however literally any other family coaster product would have been a better choice. Perhaps they requested a family coaster so that the ride doesn't tear itself to pieces and maintenance is cheaper?

mkingy User avatar

Yeah perhaps. I heard that the Gravity Group family coasters like Roar-a-saurus age pretty badly too - so perhaps why they didn't plump for that?
Coaster Count - 198

True Addicts
True Addicts

Still wouldn't get a staple like a Vekoma or something?

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
If only it was a Wooden Warrior / White Lightning.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

mkingy User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Still wouldn't get a staple like a Vekoma or something?

Screamscape says they're reusing expensive parts from Gwazi - if that's true then it probably made a lot more financial sense (to their accounting department)
Coaster Count - 198

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Don't forget that a lot of family coasters are also targeted for thrill seekers. Youngster Coaster by Mack is, I think, a pretty good example.

:)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
Glad they're reusing the only decent part of Gwazi
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Looks tame or not, I don't care about it at all. :)

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points

They seem to be working on a perhaps "final" brake part. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!