Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg - New For 2015

Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg - New For 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
BGWFans has posted a look at the blueprints for Busch Gardens Williamsburg's 2015 new coaster... and what an interesting choice it is! The ride appears to be a clone of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom's Superman Ultimate Flight, a clone of which also just recently opened in Germany.

According to the plans the new coaster will be shoehorned into the park's Fiesta Italia section, generally where the magenta rectangle is located in the aerial image above. Somehow there will be room enough for not only the coaster, but also queue space and an entrance plaza (though that will take over the water balloon game located nearby).

While Superman Ultimate Flight is a very unique ride - complete with a crazy looking heartline roll and three launches - the ride's capacity is very limited and that may be a problem at a very busy park like Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Head over to BGWFans for their full analysis and to check out the plans for the ride.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So is this officially worse than SFMM's zacspin idea?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
it would be fun with those twists being that close to apollo
What are these for?

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
So is this officially worse than SFMM's zacspin idea?

hmm... not quite. Especially with SixFlags' new Nazi-esque guidelines for running rides.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yea I am not a fan of this type of coaster, for 3 reasons.
1. The ride is short, yes I realize dragster is short but its a 120 MPH blast.
2. The trains are small, which leads to bad capacity.
3. There is only 1 train operation because it's a shuttle, which also makes the capacity horrible.

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

TTD03 wrote:
Yea I am not a fan of this type of coaster, for 3 reasons.
1. The ride is short, yes I realize dragster is short but its a 120 MPH blast.
2. The trains are small, which leads to bad capacity.
3. There is only 1 train operation because it's a shuttle, which also makes the capacity horrible.

I am actually a big fan of this design, however I am not a fan of how it has been implemented so far. This ride would be FANTASTIC for small parks that don't have much room for additions or much money, but so far only big parks have bought it (with the exception of Holiday Park if you can call that a low capacity park)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
Well.... I certainly wasn't expecting that. That seems more in line with something that KD would put in, and I would be happy if it showed up at KD. It just doesn't seem to fit at BG, to me.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Surely the idea of a non-signature ride is to shovel people through the ride fairly quickly so people don't spend the entire day queueing up for the big rides? The throughput on this seems terrible?!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
This purple area is a bit smaller than a swimming pool, lol.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

True Addicts
True Addicts

Maybe if they had two tracks side-by-side (one a mirror of the other) and they raced them it wouldn't be so bad capacity wise? I still honestly doubt the authenticity of this since I don't recall the park ever having leaks.

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Maybe if they had two tracks side-by-side (one a mirror of the other) and they raced them it wouldn't be so bad capacity wise? I still honestly doubt the authenticity of this since I don't recall the park ever having leaks.

Plans are posted here, http://bgwfans.com/2014/busch-gardens-w ... -revealed/ . Doesn't make it real (and doesn't necessarily mean that is the coaster that is coming since it's only overhead plans), but it's a long way to go for a hoax.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Turbo- I agree, this is a small park kind of ride, not a Six Flags or Busch Gardens type of ride.
Bobo- I would love to see KD get a 400+ coaster, but we know that's not going to happen, so I would hope for a B&M Hyper? Despite the fact we already have a Giga.
mkingy- the problem is that the capacity is so bad that the line becomes as bad as a big ride in a park, so what's the difference? You would want to spend the 2 hours for a longer coaster than 2 hours for this short coaster.
Coasterkidmwm- I don't think this is the racing type of coaster in my opinion, too short.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It has been widely speculated on what the new ride for Busch Gardens Williamsburg will be for 2015, and a few months ago, plans were leaked that heavily suggested that the 2015 ride will be a Premier custom launch layout ride which would copy Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom almost exactly.
And now, a new photo has been leaked showing concept art for the new ride. I think now with this concept art being released, it is pretty safe to say that this ride will be a copy of Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. So what do you think? Do you think this is the new ride for Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Or do you think it could be something else?

Credit to BGWFans for the picture.
Bt1GAF5IgAA53HS.png
Photo Credit to BGWFans
Bt1GAF5IgAA53HS.png (258.06 KiB) Viewed 3836 times

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
The one thing I have to say is that I just can't believe that we are going to see the exact same version as in all these other parks, if only because of the capacity. I mean look, if that's the ride that's going to BGW then it is clearly a SupermanUF clone based on the image.

However, I remember reading about the HORRENDOUS capacity on Screamscape and I just can't see how the park could manage with a coaster that can only serve MAYBE 3,500 people on a good day.

What I am wondering is if we could possibly see a dual-train operation akin to Mr. Freeze. I don't see why this couldn't work off the top of my head, though I've also not seen anything to suggest that is the goal. Still, 3,500 people per day.... yikes...

Even if two-train operations couldn't quite up that figure to 7000, it's got to be better... although I wonder if that's simply not possible as a result of the high speeds traveling through the station (as in, too dangerous to have the train whizzing by a few feet away from a loading train) since of course Mr. Freeze has been slowed down by the time it returns to the fancy-schmancy loading platform.

True Addicts
True Addicts

It's a bad idea all around.

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
This is honestly such a stupid idea for this park.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

I like the concept of these rides. I agree its not a great idea for a park the size of Busch Gardens, but I can think of a certain cedar fair park that has limited space and only gets really busy on holidays that a ride like this would be great at
What are these for?

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

CKidd wrote:
I like the concept of these rides. I agree its not a great idea for a park the size of Busch Gardens, but I can think of a certain cedar fair park that has limited space and only gets really busy on holidays that a ride like this would be great at

Perhaps you are thinking of Dorney Park cause you live in Pennsylvania? :P?

The park that hasn't gotten a "new" coaster since 2006? I do believe so.
"new" as in not a used ride
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

It's true, Hydra was the park's last "new" coaster. It's time for a new one, and I hear the plans are to put a Giga coaster in every Cedar Fair park over the next few years so hopefully we can get a Giga Coaster!

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
TTD03 wrote:
It's true, Hydra was the park's last "new" coaster. It's time for a new one, and I hear the plans are to put a Giga coaster in every Cedar Fair park over the next few years so hopefully we can get a Giga Coaster!

Lots of giga's sound great... but do you have any source for that?
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 907.00 Points
I would take anything and everything posted on that site with a MASSIVE grain of salt. They have SO much misinformation on their site it isn't even funny. They take any and every rumor and blow it way out of proportion, and report rumors as facts. Their "story of Drachenfire" post is quoted on wikipedia, despite being almost completely false (which is sad because the real story of Drachenfire is actually pretty interesting in it's own right). Ironically, the one time they had a chance to "report" on something crazy that happened at BGW (the 63 year old maintenance worker who was hit and killed by BBW in 1993) BGWfans incorrectly released a "report" that it was "all just a rumor and never happened" despite the fact that the newspaper stories have been digitized and can be found online with a simple google search. Go figure!

Anyhow, if these blueprints really are from Busch, and are real, then I guess that's what they're getting. But considering the only "source" for this is from that christ awful site, I'll be waiting for the actual press release on their new attraction. I would like to hope BGW will get something better than a clone of a bad ride with low capacity.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

Lots of giga's sound great... but do you have any source for that?

Just word of mouth and word of posts :P

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

DrachenfireOP wrote:
I would take anything and everything posted on that site with a MASSIVE grain of salt. They have SO much misinformation on their site it isn't even funny. They take any and every rumor and blow it way out of proportion, and report rumors as facts. Their "story of Drachenfire" post is quoted on wikipedia, despite being almost completely false (which is sad because the real story of Drachenfire is actually pretty interesting in it's own right). Ironically, the one time they had a chance to "report" on something crazy that happened at BGW (the 63 year old maintenance worker who was hit and killed by BBW in 1993) BGWfans incorrectly released a "report" that it was "all just a rumor and never happened" despite the fact that the newspaper stories have been digitized and can be found online with a simple google search. Go figure!

Anyhow, if these blueprints really are from Busch, and are real, then I guess that's what they're getting. But considering the only "source" for this is from that christ awful site, I'll be waiting for the actual press release on their new attraction. I would like to hope BGW will get something better than a clone of a bad ride with low capacity.

I know, I really hope it is not this, but only time will tell I guess.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!