Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Canada's Wonderland - May 22, 2008

Canada's Wonderland - May 22, 2008

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 22nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

So today my Physics class went on a trip to Canada's Wonderland. We left the school at 6:30, and after a 3 hr drive we arrived at the park. This first disappointment was that we had to meet and leave by 3:00! I mean, if we're going to drive for three hours, we should stay at the park until it closes, right? I also forgot my camera...bummer.

Anyway, we were in the park before it opened, so a few of us headed back to Behemoth and were stopped by security just in front of Flight Deck. At about 9:45 one of the security men took those of us who wanted to ride Behemoth to the queue. We were quite close to the front.

After waiting for about 25-30 minutes, we were informed that there was a 'slight' delay. The trains were testing, and we saw them take off the third train. We decided to wait it out, but after another half hour we were told that the Behemoth had an extensive delay and that we should leave the queue and go on other rides. HUGE disappointment! Hoping that the delay wasn't too extensive, we headed over the the Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Backlot Stunt Coaster - 6/10
Not nearly as good as it once was. Still a fun ride, but NONE of the special effects were working, which made the first stop a huge waste...

Still hoping that Behemoth would be running shortly, we next went on Psyclone, which had a 20 minute wait.

Psyclone - 8/10
Much better than I had remembered. Lots of spinning and it seemed to be running faster than usual. A good ride.

Giving up hope for riding Behemoth, we headed to Vortex, which had a HUGE line that we decided just wasn't worth it; so two of us went on Shockwave (a walk on) while everyone else went on the Bat (why is that ride so popular?).

Shockwave - 9/10
WAY better than last year. It was running long, intense cycles, and was just an all around great ride. We rode twice. Despite the minor breakdown before our first ride (they had to close off one arm, something to do with the restraints) we still had a great time.

Since the people on the Bat were still in the queue, we went to Drop Tower.

Drop Tower - 7/10
A good, fun ride. However, it was only running 3 of 5 cars. I just wish it were taller. Plus, the seats are not too accommodating for tall people like myself - 6'3" - my shoulders were jammed against the restraints.

After, we met up with the rest of the group, who decided that they wanted to go on Night Mares, a ride that I highly despise. While they were riding I walked around and saw Behemoth running...WITH PEOPLE! As soon as my group got off Night Mares we rushed over to Behemoth. It was running two trains and the ride ops were hauling ass! As we were some of the first people there, we only had a 20 minute wait.

BEHEMOTH - 10/10
What a ride. I sat in the 7th car, far left. This was my first B&M Hyper. I knew the trains would be nice, but wow!, were they ever comfortable. I also liked the fact that my feet couldn't touch the floor and the seats were slightly reclined. I could sleep in one of these I tell you. To start, the lift is much steeper than I had anticipated...and what a view. The first drop, which is supposedly 75 degrees, was great. Good ejector/floater air down the first drop, and the open design of the train made it soo much more exciting. All of the hills delivered nice floater air, but I'm sure the ride will speed up as the season progresses. The hammerhead was TIGHT, and was the sole reason that I chose the far left seat. Hanging there, almost inverted, was an experience I wont soon forget. I didn't hear any of the three trims, but the train wasn't going exceptionally fast so I guess there wasn't a need for them. The MCBR clipped us a little bit, but the following helix provided a fair bit of positive g's. The On-ride picture is taken between the two turns, which kind of baffled me, as it wasn't the most intense moment of the ride. Whatever, not a big deal. The remaining bunny hops provided more air than I was expecting, and gave the most air besides the first drop. Again, Behemoth is a GREAT addition to CW and I look forward to returning.

I'm sure many are wondering how Behemoth compares to the like of Millennium Force, and, IMHO, they are on par. While MF has a great first drop and lots of speed, Behemoth has SUBSTANCE and almost a minute longer ride than MF. Again, I can't really say for sure..I'll have to make that call after I visit each park again.

After Behemoth, we had to leave, but I was perfectly happy to end the day on a high note. Even though we were only there for 4.5 hrs, I had a great time, all because of Behemoth. If you can, get to Canada's Wonderland and ride it as soon as you can!

Post May 22nd, 2008, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,130.00 Points

Post May 22nd, 2008, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
Great TR of the park Jarret, il ride this thing this summer we are suppose to go me and my friend, and il try to manage a Pov of behemoth.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports