Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Canada's Wonderland [Updated!!]Opening Day Pics

Canada's Wonderland [Updated!!]Opening Day Pics

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

I went to Pcw last night for the seasons pass holders preview night. I had a pretty good time other than the fact that I currently have an annoying cold. I got at least one ride on all the big rides and a bunch of rides on Drop Zone and Shockwave. The lines were nonexsistent at the start of the night, but later on the crowds began too grow, but only a little. The maximum time I waited for a ride was just over 15 minutes.

Below are some pictures I took.

Onboard the 1st of 3 buses.

The second bus ride was long and boring, so uhhh, yeah, heres a picture of my feet.

Yay, getting close. Just one more bus to go.

Finally made it. The park advertised a 6pm opening time, but opened way before that.

My first ride of the season, not a bad way to start off.

First coaster of the year for me was Wild Beast.

Always a fun ride.

I rode it a bunch of times thanks to the short line.

The indoor theatre and fountain.

I wish I had waited for a train before taking this picture.

Vortex's track was painted during the off season, but the supports were left untouched. Hopefully they will finish the job soon, it would look alot better.

The best ride on the planet!

weeeee

mmmm Togo goodness.

A toilet bowl that flushes log riders into the lazy river.

The fish under the bridge next to the Italian Job entrance.

A big intimidating ride which is actually quite boring.

Awesome.

A Godfather ride would be great instead of Tomb Raidors or Top Guns....

The new restaurant, which looks pretty good and leap years ahead of the one it replaced.
Last edited by Canadmos on May 8th, 2006, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 8th, 2006, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Even though too me it seems like a pretty drole park. You made it seem all the more enjoy'able. Is Slege Hammer actually that boring, it does look awesome, hope you had a good day.
EcG[:)]

Post May 8th, 2006, 4:43 pm

After a few rides Sledgehammer does get pretty boring. It doesn't go up and down enough each time for it to be very thrilling.

And about the drole comment, when looking at just the rides/coasters I would agree, nothing too great or groundbreaking. However, Canada's Wonderland is one of the nicest, cleanest and most picturesque parks I've ever visited. The rides and roller coasters are also almost always run at maximum capacity. Other than Italian Job, I can't remember the last time I saw a roller coaster with a train on the storage track, even when there are no crowds.

I think the parks attendance records speaks for itself too. For 2005 pcw had higher attendance numbers than parks such as Cedar Point, Six Flags Great Adventure etc, in fact, it was the highest attended seasonal theme park in North America. [:P]

[/endfanboyness] [lol]

woo woo, now some pictures from opening day;

Went to Pcw for opening day on Sunday. The crowds weren't too bad during the morning but as the afternoon went on, more and more people began to crowd the lines and midways.

I got on everything I wanted, except for Shockwave. Every time I passed it, it either had a big line or was shut down.

I got a few excellent rides on Wildbeast today as well. I really noticed how smooth the little hop before the fan turn is now. Finally they made an improvement that didn't neuter it any further.

:(

I guess the line could be worse for the Italian Job...

After someone spilled a protein shake they finally loaded a train.

The lazy river is full of water now (it was bone dry on Friday).

weeeeee

I think I'll pass...

weeeeee...but didn't get to ride it

They should be taking that out instead of the Orbiter!

I R HUNGERY RAWRRRRR

weeee?

Still empty.

Some of Top Gun's supports were painted, but a lot of the track is still covered in crap.

Robb's favourite.

It still looks pretty ghetto if you ask me...

While my girlfriend and I sat down before we left, we this saw guy talking to a police officer...

As we left the park we saw them again, the guy sounded pretty drunk. After we walked over to look at the new stunt show area we saw them again, they were arguing back and forth about something.

I also tried to make a few panoramic shots, the sky was acting up in them but I think they turned out ok.

Panoramic 1

Panoramic 2

Panoramic 3

Post May 8th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by Canadmos

After a few rides Sledgehammer does get pretty boring. It doesn't go up and down enough each time for it to be very thrilling.

EXACTLY!!! If it didn't spend so long spinning and more time blastin up and dropping, it would be a lot better.

Also, jet scream sucks.[:)]

Post May 8th, 2006, 5:18 pm

I think Jet Scream would be alot better if you didn't get assaulted by the restraints.

Post May 8th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

lol yea it would, but still..its so slow!! It would be a lot better if it was at least a little faster.

Post May 8th, 2006, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,700.00 Points
Originally posted by Canadmos

RADIOACTIVE FISH! Someones poisend the water AHHH...

Post May 8th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Also, I forgot to say, if anyone wants a wallpaper sized version of any of these just ask and I'll send it.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports