Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Canobie Lake Park 2016

Canobie Lake Park 2016

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 26th, 2015, 8:16 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Markers have appeared around the Canobie Corkscrew and the areas surrounding it. Is this the end of this Arrow Corkscrew? I would say it's past due. We are taking about 40 year old technology. The ride is 40 years old this year. The field behind Corkscrew has also been cleared. It seems that B&M is getting most of the business these days in the US. Their safety record certainly makes them stand out. Maybe a Floorless or Invert?

http://sfneonline.org/forums/index.php?threads/canobie-lake-park-discussion.12/page-76
Vasco XTR

Post June 26th, 2015, 8:38 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I really hope for an invert. SFNE already has a floorless.

There are markers that say "track for station" too.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 26th, 2015, 9:32 am
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Noise and Height are restricted so that could rule B&M out as well. Their rides are rather noisy, which stinks. Wing coasters are less noisy though, the land is rather long than wide which could work nicely for smaller wing.
Vasco XTR

Post June 26th, 2015, 1:42 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
A B&M seems like too big of an investment for a park of Canobie's size. I could see them getting a new wooden coaster though, maybe from GCI or Gravity Group.

Post June 26th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
No way they get a B&M. Probably something like a Boomerang or SLC.

Post June 26th, 2015, 1:52 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
stevecoaster wrote:
Noise and Height are restricted so that could rule B&M out as well. Their rides are rather noisy, which stinks. Wing coasters are less noisy though, the land is rather long than wide which could work nicely for smaller wing.

Hasn't been an issue for B&M at Alton Towers so I wouldn't entirely rule it out - just depends if you've got room for a nice big hole or lots of trees!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post June 29th, 2015, 3:01 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Reminds me of the story of SFDK's (Former: SFMW) Vertical Velocity with the maximum height restriction of 150'.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 31st, 2015, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
First off, I totally disagree with removing this coaster considering Canobie has a small enough coaster lineup as it is and an Arrow corkscrew is one of the few that fits height/noise regulations. Plus, what could they replace it with? B&M immediately jumps to mind, considering the only B&M in New England is a popular clone. However, for the reasons listed above, I doubt we'll see that. I just can't see them putting in a Vekoma, the might do it but that's not a good idea in my opinion and if you have ridden a boomerang or SLC you can probably guess why. A wooden coaster doesn't really make sense to me considering Boulder Dash is considered to be the best wooden coaster out there and it's right in their backyard, and Excalibur is just down the road at Funtown Splashtown USA, not to mention how heavily Canobie promotes Yankee Cannonball. RMC is out since Wicked Cyclone just opened at SFNE and it sounds like they'll be busy going into 2016, and I'd go ahead and rule out a Premier Rides launch coaster even though it fit the height limit at SFDK, Lake Compounce just announced they will be putting one in next year. So, what do I think will go in? A Zamperla flying coaster. Think about it, flying coasters go slow and seem more family oriented, which Canobie is as a whole, it doesn't seem like a huge investment for the park, and it should fit the limits. Also, given the small plot of land the corkscrew in on, this coaster should fit the bill while a lot of others won't. That being said, a Zamperla flying coaster is NOT what I want to see at Canobie in 2016. My first choice would be for them to keep the Canobie Corkscrew, because they definitely still need it, and in another part of the park I would like to see perhaps a B&M wing or a GCI as mentioned above. I know I said those weren't practical, but you can't really fit those on that small area of land. Anyway, that's my rant, the end!

Post December 10th, 2015, 12:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,428.00 Points

unfortunately Corkscrew is doing little for Canobie. no ones really goign to Canobie specifically for corkscrew. Lines for corkscrew are specifically dictated by the crowds that day. Even then if they have something else to do they will do it. For example I visited during this ears screamfest. Untamed, Cannonball, firsbee, all 5 haunts have hour + lines. Corkscrew had a short time were there was about a 45minut wait and after that lines died down the ride was a walk on. the rest of the night. The rest of the flats has full queues and most of the flats have equal to higher capacity.

The park really doesn't have an other open plot. Untamed was placed in the former ball field which later became picnic grounds. The park owns land around the park but its all zoned residential and rezoning and conversion is hard .The park had to argue for months and pay for a sound expert to tear down 2 houses and expand the parking lot and it's well away form the park. They also got an argument about the last parking lot expansion which tore out a house and a 4 port garage. the lot was a grass lot and they keep at many trees as possible. if they can do this more and expand n the parking lot there is a back lot that could house a coaster but they have to replace the parking first. as is the last 2 expansion doesn't keep the park from having to park guest off site on very busy days.

as for my pics I woudl love a sit down launch coaster, Wood coaster, or a flying coaster. I agree the zamperla one unless a custom layout is not the right fit.

@nm1234567890, Just to not LC is nearly 3 hours form the park and Funtown close to 2 with traffic. A bigger argument would be the 2 Gravity Group Family woodies that have been build in New England. but with SFNE dumping their Woodie for a steel, Why not add a Woodie

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!