Board index Public Relations Contests Castle Park to build new coaster : Contest

Castle Park to build new coaster : Contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Greetings!
I am the CEO and General Manager of Castle Park. We have land set aside, and about $25 million for a new coaster at our park. We would like to continue to offer our guests the best, so we are searching for the best coaster. Something that will catch the eyes of guests in the park, as well as when they arrive in the parking lot. Using the long strip of land along the east side of the parking lot would really be a nice touch. We need something that will bring alive the east end of the park. We also don't want anything like what we have already. If you need any more information about existing attractions, just let me know. I look forward at seeing your proposals.
Good luck!

Existing Castle Park coasters.
Animal -- B&M hyper coaster - 187 feet tall - 4040 feet long -
Avian -- B&M invert - 7 inversions - 173 feet tall - 4350 feet long -
Biohazard -- PCC Giga-coaster - 318 feet tall - 8380 feet long -
Blue Line -- Classic wooden coaster - 74 feet tall - 2757 feet long -
King Arthur's Wild Ride -- Arrow Dynamics custom hybrid coaster - 108 feet tall - 2846 feet long -
(feel free to ask for more info)

Template
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2yuki1br0r836e/Template.nl2pkg?dl=0

Castle park is looking for a new coaster and is asking coaster company's to submit their bid for the construction contract. One coaster will be chosen and be allowed to construct their coaster design on site in Castle Park. Castle Park will then be uploaded to the exchange and open to the public featuring the winning coaster.

Rules.
1 -- You are a big coaster company, make a Co. name and use it, or use an existing one. Please also include an estimated cost of the construction.(just make an educated guess) sell your coaster.
2 -- Upload your presentation to the CC exchange and link it to this thread. Deadline is midnight July 10 CST
3 -- No custom environments.
4 -- Terraforming is allowed BUT!, keep in mind that it is very expensive and the park would rather not.
5 -- Scenery is optional for this presentation, and is encouraged for the final construction but not required.
6 -- Scenery that is locked can not be moved.
7 -- Scenery you add must also stay inside the template.

Coaster Specs
1 - Safety first! Must pass all clearance and E-stop tests.
2 - Station must be within the yellow zone.
3 - Free build in the red zone.
4 - Min. height restriction is 20 feet(6m) in the blue zone.
5 - No part of the coaster(while frozen) may leave the template from the top view.
6 - Must have at least 2 inversions. 170??
7 - Must be over 6000 ft long (1828m)
8 - Must maintain G-forces within apox. -1.3 / 4 vert. and 1.4 lat.
9 - Coaster must not be wooden.

Prize
The winner of the contract will receive 100 points/$1 mil, and their coaster will be featured in Castle Park.

Partisapants - Company
- Dirk Ermen - Yiff&Co
- purplechicken - B&M
- Coasterkidmwm - Power Bottom Production Company
- Jonny Richey - JTRrides
- rtrudy - Stoney Mountain Construction
- CKidd - New Millennium Designs
- cool5 - Zehughua Metallurgical Playground Equipment and Machinery Co.
- Grimm - Zephyr
Last edited by plantoris on June 19th, 2015, 1:27 am, edited 12 times in total.
Plantoris

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I am no contestant, but this challenge will be something for NL pros.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I just downloaded the template to check what all those colored boxes mean. But I can't find any clarification... Are there any specific limits to the blue, yellow and red boxes?
Also I can't find any boarders that would include the "future expansion" area. All I see in the downloaded file is the go-karts track and the parking lot. No pathways or whatever that slightly indicates what the boarder of that area could be.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
4 - Min. height restriction is 20 feet in the blue zone.

Not sure on the brown box.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 849.00 Points
do you think I could do more of an old gen hyper plantoris

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

mkingy wrote:
4 - Min. height restriction is 20 feet in the blue zone.

Not sure on the brown box.

Gah... I've been blind apparently :lol:

King_nelly wrote:
do you think I could do more of an old gen hyper plantoris

you can do any coaster you like except a woodie. Keep in mind though, the park already has a Giga and a Hyper coaster, they probably don't want another one.

also there is no brown box, that is just open for future expansions. Sorry for the confusion.
Plantoris

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
Nice park and a very nice idea! Since the park is having only one coaster with inversions, this needs to be changed. There are already two B&M??s, and almost long trains on the tracks. My guess would be a Gerstlauer Eurofighter like Tabakisha. Also a flying experience would fit well.. (Vekoma or B&M). But i think the most thrilling one would be a 4th dimension coaster with a height that isn??t done yet in real life. It could be "dragon" themed. Only concern: They are expensive.
Hmmm.. very interesting contest so far :D

Magu78 wrote:
Since the park is having only one coaster with inversions, this needs to be changed.

Castle Park agrees with you, the coaster must have at least 2 inversions. Can I expect a track from you Magu78? You could present your spinning coaster :lol: .
Plantoris

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
plantoris wrote:
$1 mil

2 gud 2 b tru
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

To clarify you get 100 points per each $1 million your coaster cost. I'm not sending you a million dollars. :lol:
Plantoris

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Are we allowed to make a dueling coaster? And what exactly are we being judged on.

Edit: under 4 G's?! That's insane! Almost all rides go above that these days!
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
Are we allowed to make a dueling coaster? And what exactly are we being judged on.

Edit: under 4 G's?! That's insane! Almost all rides go above that these days!

Yes, I will allow a dueling coaster.

I don't really want you to think of it as your coaster will be judged, but more as Castle Park is looking for the best coaster for their park. The CEO noted a few things in his statement.
- Visual Presentation
- Uniqueness
- Fits well with existing attractions
- Meets Requirements (yes 4 g's. Safety is Castle Parks main priority)
Plantoris

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Umm... that has nothing to do with safety. 3 g's can black you out and some rides have been rumored to hit close to 7 safely as a spike. If it was a family coaster that'd make sense, but come on... lol thats gonna make the ride super spread out and just plain unrealisitc.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 764.00 Points
plantoris wrote:
Magu78 wrote:
Since the park is having only one coaster with inversions, this needs to be changed.

Castle Park agrees with you, the coaster must have at least 2 inversions. Can I expect a track from you Magu78? You could present your spinning coaster :lol: .

Hahaha... XD Well.. no. The spinning coaster will be finished ..one day, but i think i have to do some work. Unfortunatly i don??t have the time to build something that big in only 8 days (left). But i really enjoy those contests here. Very inspiring! :D

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I would enter if I thought I could make a 6000+ft long ride in such a short time
What are these for?

Is anyone planning on presenting a coaster?
I was trying to make this easy for everyone with lots of space and few requirements. If people want more time maybe we can work something out, but I would like to keep the requirements the same.
Plantoris

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Plantoris next time I would wait a month and give people more time to build. My first reaction to seeing the thread was "No that isn't enough time". It's not that it's set up poorly or the concept is too difficult, it's just too much too soon.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm interested in trying, but time is lately short on my hands. So I doubt I'll make the 16th June deadline.

450m long area, 2000m long track. Going to be a fun challenge at least. :)

ok, I have extended the deadline - the new dead line will be July 10. This should allow ample time for more people to participate.

Please post your company name if you plan to participate. I will make a list.
Plantoris

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm willing to make an attempt. Only I have no idea yet how to name my company :lol: Yiff&Co. might be a good placeholder in the meantime :lol:

5 - No part of the coaster(while frozen) may leave the template from the top view.

I assume this is including the coaster cars? Although it might be a bit hard to check the swinging from the cars in the top view.

Points on hand: 3,149.00 Points

I plan on entering. You said existing name are okay right? If so, B&M is in.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
I'm willing to make an attempt. Only I have no idea yet how to name my company :lol: Yiff&Co. might be a good placeholder in the meantime :lol:

I assume this is including the coaster cars? Although it might be a bit hard to check the swinging from the cars in the top view.

Try placing a horizontal beam on the border and set the height of it to be like 100ft. I did that for the spinning coaster contest. You can set the thinness to get yourself a bit of leeway. Dat company name = lol .

I will be designing a coaster for the park using Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster parts under my own company, Power Bottom Production Company. Consider this my entry :D (thank you for being understanding about the time limit).

Also I'm trying to help and not be a dick, but most inversions like immelmans, dive loops, cobra rolls, etc don't reach 180 degrees. My last question is what is allowed tunneling wise. I'm assuming none under the roadway/go-karts.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
edit: nevermind found the answer to my question.

I'm not certain yet if I'll be entering. I think so.

Next

Return to Contests