Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Catwalks and woodies...colors?

Catwalks and woodies...colors?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Greetings!

I got this motivation to try and recreate my local classic woodie Giant Dipper via NL2 and ran into a bit of a snag...way back when, I created the 'Dipper with NL1 and managed to pull off red catwalks on the white supported coaster. You can see it here:
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail/16030

Is it even possible to achieve this with NL2? This is what I'm currently seeing:

Image Insert:
1090.81 KB

UPDATE: While I saw how I can color them, the process is going to be very tedious...as in post creation, going through and selecting each catwalk section and coloring it manually using the custom colors... Is there an easy way around this?

For those who wonder how I pulled this off with NL1, I believe I had to modify one of the environments and actually color the catwalk texture red. It's been a while so I'm honestly not even sure if I'm correct on what I did there :)
Last edited by Angry_Gumball on January 23rd, 2014, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post January 23rd, 2014, 10:42 pm

Points on hand: 374.00 Points
I'm going to be no help whatsoever, except to commiserate. I tried to do the same thing with Windjammer, but I never could figure out how to get it to work. I was beginning to think I just didn't know what that part was called after all.

Post January 23rd, 2014, 10:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Only generate catwalks. Color them. Generate everything except catwalks. Done.

Post January 23rd, 2014, 10:58 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
All you have to do is put the catwalks down first without any supports. To do that, you go into the support generator panel and deselect enable supports and deselect the hand rails and wide supports on both sides. Now it will only generate the catwalks. Then you have to double click on them and give them a custom color. Next all you have to do is add the rest of the supports. Go back into the generator and deselect clear previous structure and the catwalks and re-enable anything that you want for your supports.

Edit: ^Beat me to it.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post January 23rd, 2014, 11:12 pm

Points on hand: 374.00 Points

Post January 24th, 2014, 12:02 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Awesome! Sometimes the simplest things slip my mind and completely forgot the fact that I can generate only certain supports and then have them stay when I generate the rest of the supports. Thanks!
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2