Board index Public Relations Contests [RESULTS] CCH Bio Dome Contest

[RESULTS] CCH Bio Dome Contest

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post July 30th, 2003, 2:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,606.00 Points
there are free programs out there that alow you to make bolth. And if you can build in NL then you can make basic 3d objects.

Post July 30th, 2003, 4:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Only a very little amount of points will be given to additional theming compared to the trackwork. Since this challenge is pretty hard most points will go to the trackwork and support work.

Post July 30th, 2003, 9:27 pm

My track is done and I have something very spectial planed for the supports.

Post July 30th, 2003, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Post July 31st, 2003, 2:11 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Ok, I got a question about the tunnel testing.

Are you using tunnel testing as a tool to help find possible collisions? Like track into track, or support track, stuff like that.
Or are you using it as "the # of collisions via a tunnel test are subtracted from your score"?

I just ask becuase the corkscrew coasters are quite umcomfortable for raising your hands up as high as they can go, when in all truth they can barely just get a few inches above your head. My coaster as a few close calls that are perfectly fine when one "eyes" each of them, I just want to make sure the ride is as abiding by the rules as I can.

Post July 31st, 2003, 2:52 am

I'd also like to know this since my coaster's sides come very close to the floor and according to the tunnel test hit the floor, but there is no way that someone could get their arms out that far.

Post July 31st, 2003, 4:20 am

Originally posted by Coaster indavidual

Ok, I got a question about the tunnel testing.

Are you using tunnel testing as a tool to help find possible collisions? Like track into track, or support track, stuff like that.
Or are you using it as "the # of collisions via a tunnel test are subtracted from your score"?

I just ask becuase the corkscrew coasters are quite umcomfortable for raising your hands up as high as they can go, when in all truth they can barely just get a few inches above your head. My coaster as a few close calls that are perfectly fine when one "eyes" each of them, I just want to make sure the ride is as abiding by the rules as I can.

You are right that you almost can't get your arms out. If you think it looks ok, or better if you are sure of it, you can leave it as it is. But if you want to be sure it won't be a tunnel hit just make it like that nothing comes in the tunnel. I will be a bit less strict on this than on the SFH contest.

Originally posted by whitewolf2759

I'd also like to know this since my coaster's sides come very close to the floor and according to the tunnel test hit the floor, but there is no way that someone could get their arms out that far.

Just keep enough distance from the ground or at least what you think is enough. Real coasters actually never comes that close to the ground. If you look at Medusa or Goliath for example, them come close but not as close as you are describing. But yea, those are other coaches. Well just give it the ground clearance you think it needs. But if my arm get's chopped of you will be responsible for it [lol]

Post July 31st, 2003, 5:16 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

there are free programs out there that alow you to make bolth. And if you can build in NL then you can make basic 3d objects.

I can build in NL, but I still can't make a stinkin' 3d object. I can make a box with no texture, that's about it, lol.

Post July 31st, 2003, 5:29 am

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

Originally posted by G Force Addict

Just keep enough distance from the ground or at least what you think is enough. Real coasters actually never comes that close to the ground. If you look at Medusa or Goliath for example, them come close but not as close as you are describing. But yea, those are other coaches. Well just give it the ground clearance you think it needs. But if my arm get's chopped of you will be responsible for it [lol]

I'm quessing you never been to Kennywood. lol They have a few coasters that hug the terrain. Jack Rabbit, a wooden coaster there has a few sections where the track is, if your lucky, 6 inches off the ground. No supports under those sections, just footers.lol

Post July 31st, 2003, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

"You can only use one lift OR launch."

Theres the answer to number 2. If you have to speed the ride up again to get it somewhere Its not allowed.

As for numer 1, I dont think there should be a problem with that as thats ojne of the "limits" of No Limits. :)

Post July 31st, 2003, 11:13 am

Originally posted by goliath100

i have two question.

1. I use a launce but for safety i use a little piece of lift, so if the train will come back it won't ran back into the station, but is that little piece allowed?

2. I use some transports, to transport the train to the next brake, is that allowed too?

plz.. answer

1: That is not allowed, the anti rollbacks on lifthills are for low speed only, imagine if you fall back into them with 90km/h or so. Everything would break and riders may be injured due to the sudden stop. You have to make a brakerun either before or after the launch so the train can come to a stop when the E-Stop is used during the launch.

2: Yea, transports are allowed (as long as you keep them on transport speed ?????????7 mph/h or ?????????12km/h).

Post July 31st, 2003, 2:07 pm

Originally posted by shaggszgn

I can build in NL, but I still can't make a stinkin' 3d object. I can make a box with no texture, that's about it, lol.

I said baisc, i think that a box falls under that.[lol]

Post July 31st, 2003, 3:10 pm

thanks but i got another 2 question.
1. Does may hit a tunnel an other tunnel with the tunneltest. but the tunnel don't hit the track!!!

2. May i change the colour of the windows of the dome.

1: tunnels are allowed to hit eachother, but be aware of the fact that in the other tunnel also track can be found, so look if the track doesn't also enter the tunnel in fly mode.

2 yes, but keep it transparent

Post July 31st, 2003, 3:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,008.00 Points
Hey GFA[:)]

Two things here,

#1: Please answer the PM I sent yesterday

#2: After the station, I have a small helix, and the i go into tunner 1-2, but in the tunnel the track SPINE is about halfway into the glass.
Is this allowed, would I have to put in a reinforcement beam, or should I raise the track?

Post July 31st, 2003, 3:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by G Force Addict

1: That is not allowed, the anti rollbacks on lifthills are for low speed only, imagine if you fall back into them with 90km/h or so. Everything would break and riders may be injured due to the sudden stop. You have to make a brakerun either before or after the launch so the train can come to a stop when the E-Stop is used during the launch.

2: Yea, transports are allowed (as long as you keep them on transport speed ?????????7 mph/h or ?????????12km/h).

About number 2: Are transports allowed on the Mid Course Break Run? If so, then the speed which they are running at on my coaster would be deemed too fast (10 MPH) but it doesn't speed the train up unless the train is E-stoped there, in that case it just gets it moving again. But it can move on its own power.

Post July 31st, 2003, 6:19 pm

Originally posted by Intamin AG

Hey GFA[:)]

Two things here,

#1: Please answer the PM I sent yesterday

#2: After the station, I have a small helix, and the i go into tunner 1-2, but in the tunnel the track SPINE is about halfway into the glass.
Is this allowed, would I have to put in a reinforcement beam, or should I raise the track?

1: sure

2: Since nothing can go into glass, also your track can't. The glass should remain untouched.

To answer Coaster Individual; yeah that is ok but 10 mp/h really is about the max.

Post July 31st, 2003, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

is this a bunch of BULL like the SFH conntest or is this for real i think you should make that REALY CLEAR right now

Post July 31st, 2003, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post July 31st, 2003, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Yeah, if this was for real, I think they would have been WAY more excited about it...its still fun though! [:D]

Post August 1st, 2003, 5:36 am

and if this was real where is the entrance in the dome then?

haha, yea I thought of that when the contest already started [:p] But yea it is all fake just a cool story around it. It has been stated in the first post so your question isn't really a clever one Android [:p]. I recommend everyone to read trough the first post before submitting the ride. Last time I noticed several people lost points just because they overlooked something.

Post August 1st, 2003, 9:46 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
First post and a couple of question allready...

1) You said that nothing can go through the glass. So, I guess this counts for supports too, right? If so, how are we supposed to support the track in the tunnels?

I wonder why nobody asked yet.

2) If we use 4 stations (2 loading, 2 unloading), can the unloading station(s) go somewhere else than dome 1?

3) Geforces should stay green for extra points... Well, "green" is a bit vague. I changed my config to more realistic values, so my "green" might be different than the judge's "green". Could you rather give some numbers that can't be exceeded for all five forces?

Buster.

Post August 1st, 2003, 10:47 am

Originally posted by Buster

First post and a couple of question allready...

1) You said that nothing can go through the glass. So, I guess this counts for supports too, right? If so, how are we supposed to support the track in the tunnels?

I wonder why nobody asked yet.

2) If we use 4 stations (2 loading, 2 unloading), can the unloading station(s) go somewhere else than dome 1?

3) Geforces should stay green for extra points... Well, "green" is a bit vague. I changed my config to more realistic values, so my "green" might be different than the judge's "green". Could you rather give some numbers that can't be exceeded for all five forces?

Buster.

Cool you are joining [pshades]

anyway to the questions..

1) hmmm yeah you got a point there, didn)t thought of that in the design. Let's say you can go trough the bottom of the tunnels but not trough the sides.

2)sure

3)The yellow limits are the following:
+ vertical 4.5
- vertical -1.5
lateral 1.5
accelerate 4.5

Post August 2nd, 2003, 8:19 pm

you've just changed the intire meaning of your post. Why did you chang it?

Post August 2nd, 2003, 8:20 pm

Post August 3rd, 2003, 6:07 am

If the date turns green it means i recieved your coaster, like whitewold already said.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests