Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2012

Cedar Point 2012

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Cedar Point 2012

Something Big (Coaster, Major Thrill Ride)
51%
Something Small (Kid Rides, Shows, Restaurants)
23%
Nothing New For 2012
26%

Total votes : 39

Post July 21st, 2011, 2:33 am
thrillsentertainment Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,028.00 Points
I used to like Disaster Transport when it actually was up fully running. That thing has so many lights and effects in it that are never on anymore. It used to be really cool, now they have like one or two things lit up throughout the course of the ride, and its more or less a dark waterslide without the water. I do enjoy Disaster Transport and think it is somewhat underrated, I find it entertaining, and it is a good ride for kids, but yeah, I'd much rather see a nice beachside woodie there in place of a boring cream colored building. Re-track Meanstreak and I think it'd be fun too, I like its layout, just not the painful roughness of it.

Post July 21st, 2011, 6:53 am

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
I still think that a lap bar system that goes over the seat would be better than the t-bar restraints. IDK what your complaining about, the restraints on Mav are very comfortable. And this is coming from a slightly big person.

Post July 21st, 2011, 7:20 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
Yeah, becuase having no upper body freedom is definitely way more comfortable than having complete upper body freedom. Who needs to be able to put their hands straight up?

And its kinda hard to have headbanging too when the restraint is only at your waist...

Post July 21st, 2011, 9:11 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
CP has so many good rides and coasters that are so highly regarded, and the wooden coaster department is the one place they seriously lack, so I'd be all for tearing out DT and putting in a GCI

Post July 21st, 2011, 10:06 am

The thing is, the restraints on Mav are not true OSTRs. The only locking mechanism is the bar that goes in your lap, the harness is just for extra protection. If Intamin redeveloped those kind of restraints, cut out the OSTR part and just did the lap bar that goes over your head, it would still retain the sense of "freedom" and it would me more accomidating to bigger people. It's only fair.

Post July 21st, 2011, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Well because then the ride wouldnt be safe because you need lateral support for all the transitions and such. It would be dangerous. Plus the bar on mavericks otsr (only on maverick) hurts more than anything. A tbar is waaay more comfortable.

Post July 21st, 2011, 11:53 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Or fatties could stop eating so much and raping the healthcare system while simultaneously making everyone's life around them worse.

The only reason rides like Intimidator have the OTSR's is because fat people got ejected from their normal lapbar system, which is not Intamin's fault whatsoever.

I am willing to gamble actual money that when the USA finally builds an Intamin mega-lite that it will have the OTSR's while the international versions where there are significantly less fat people will retain the far superior lapbar system.

Spending extra money to buy new trains and generally ruin existing rides to accommodate you is selfish. If you keep bringing this up I will keep pointing out how ridiculous, stupid, and selfish it is.

Ruining existing rides for you to fit on them is not a park improvement. Deal with it like an adult.

[hambeast] "Spend a ton of money you don't have to accommodate my own repeated poor decisions that greatly inconvenience others around me at all times." [/hambeast]
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 21st, 2011, 11:59 am

For some reason i didnt mind the otsrs on I305. They just felt secure and supportive and didnt get extremely tight during the ride like maverick.

But srsly try working out a bit and cutting back on ur diet a bit so you can experience why tbars are better than otsrs.

Post July 21st, 2011, 1:03 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Also how much bigger can you make restraints before a normal sized 10 year old cannot fit on a ride?

Post July 21st, 2011, 1:50 pm

face it asshole, This isnt funny anymore. America is getting bigger and you can't do anything about it. So stop ragging on fat people and let them help themselves.

As for me, I was dissapointed the 15lbs I lost wasnt enough, and thats why I'm gonna continue whatever I did.

And your comment about how to "take it like an adult" speak for yourself, because making fun of fat people the way you do is just plain immature.

Post July 21st, 2011, 1:55 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

Originally posted by nolimitsfan38

face it asshole, This isnt funny anymore. America is getting bigger and you can't do anything about it. So stop ragging on fat people and let them help themselves.

As for me, I was dissapointed the 15lbs I lost wasnt enough, and thats why I'm gonna continue whatever I did.

keep it up, better than ruining stuff for the rest of us, and you'll feel better. the whole notion of " America getting bigger and nothing can be done about it is ridiculous", but as long as they keep going out of their way to accommodate obesity, or making excuses for it it isnt going to get better.

Post July 21st, 2011, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Or fatties could stop eating so much and raping the healthcare system while simultaneously making everyone's life around them worse.

The only reason rides like Intimidator have the OTSR's is because fat people got ejected from their normal lapbar system, which is not Intamin's fault whatsoever.

I am willing to gamble actual money that when the USA finally builds an Intamin mega-lite that it will have the OTSR's while the international versions where there are significantly less fat people will retain the far superior lapbar system.

Spending extra money to buy new trains and generally ruin existing rides to accommodate you is selfish. If you keep bringing this up I will keep pointing out how ridiculous, stupid, and selfish it is.

Ruining existing rides for you to fit on them is not a park improvement. Deal with it like an adult.

[hambeast] "Spend a ton of money you don't have to accommodate my own repeated poor decisions that greatly inconvenience others around me at all times." [/hambeast]

This.

nlf38, have you even ridden Mav in the back row, right seat? It's pretty obvious that you haven't, or if you did, you were holding on the whole time without ever raising your arms.

Post July 21st, 2011, 3:36 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm only ragging on stupid fat people that insist on modifying the entire world to suit their needs and their needs only, without considering the vastly greater proportion of people worldwide that aren't having "a glandular problem".

FACT: The entire world as a whole is much smaller than you.
FACT: Fat people ruined Intamin rides in the USA and are solely responsible for the rape that happened to both Superman's in terms of the dumb restraint modifications. I blame the pile of poop B&M hypers at the Cedar Fair parks on fatties.

You do realize that this kind of thing has a sympathy box full of a certain number of cards. Each time someone complains a card is drawn out of the box, and once those cards are gone, then the box is empty and no more sympathy shall be given. Things like quitting smoking and losing weight have very small sympathy boxes because they're the result of your own poor decisions.
And your comment about how to "take it like an adult" speak for yourself, because making fun of fat people the way you do is just plain immature.

Hey on the plus side if everyone keeps getting more disgusting I'll look better in comparison.

Remember, I'm only making fun of stupid fat people.

Post July 21st, 2011, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
A CGI in place of Disaster Transport would be a fantastic idea. But the crazy thrill seeker side of me would like to see an Intamin prefab in place of Mean Streak. That would be terrible balance, however, since the parks three most popular coasters are all Intamin. It's kind of a wait and see thing.

Post July 21st, 2011, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
LOL @ CKWM "Makes me look better" awesome.

Yea, sorry, but things shouldn't be adjusted just because of being overweight.

What about guys like Shaq? There are height limits (mostly on OTSR Rides!!!) of like 6'6". Shaq sounds like hes in 100 times better shape than you but because of PURE genetics, he is 7ft tall and unable to ride half the rides at Cedar Point. IMO a system developed to let him on (great physical shape, just too tall) instead of overweight makes more sense because its not his fault.

And please, only a small fraction of people have weight problems from things they cannot control. I can guarantee you that if these people at 1200 calories a day and worked out for 1hr they wouldn't be that size. Its basically impossible for the body to keep producing fat from nothing.

We all have life choices to make and that involves our health. If you cant do something because you're out of shape, too big, etc - you can change it, so do it. Dont ask someone else to change it up for you.

My buddy 2 years ago was 440lbs. He couldn't ride a THING. He is down to 240lbs, OFF his Diabetes meds and probably has better diabetic numbers than people who are his size but not working out like he is. Hes better than whats considered "normal". So improve your quality of life and buck up.

BTW, he can now ride basically any wooden coaster and any OTSR ride. Only rides hes yet to try with his new weight are the Intamin lap bars. Which, if he cant, he must be close.

Post July 21st, 2011, 5:17 pm
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
nolimitsfan38: You made a TOPIC about CP's treatment and behavoir towards larger people. I would appreciate that you don't keep instigating a discussion towards the similar lines to your original TOPIC.

Lets get this get this topic back on track please.

Post July 21st, 2011, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
He could just stop complaining, use it as motivation to lose weight, lose it, get healthier and then talk about how he can ride all the rides.

I vote for that.

Post July 21st, 2011, 7:17 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
There's not a whole lot to discuss here. Cedar Point doesn't exactly throw in something new more often than once every two years so it's very unlikely that they'll get something new for 2012. They have plenty of time to re-claim the coaster count, and it's better that they do so with a good ride. Then again, as mentioned previously, the coaster investment is big for a fairly limited audience. Very young kids or older people, or, well, people who are very large can't ride them.

Post July 22nd, 2011, 6:44 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
I think there are alot of people (such as myself) that are waiting to go back to CP with a new coaster. I know alot of people who have said "as soon as a new coaster opens we're going again." I'm about an hour from CP this whole week and I probably will be doing something else in the area because since I've been there all that has opened is STR and Windseeker, which I'll gladly do when I go next, but I probably won't head there until a new coaster is open when I can do other things that are new on my way home (ie. Sky Rocket, Waldameer, DB at KI, or Even Michigan's Adventure although its a much farther ride)

Post July 22nd, 2011, 7:21 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I'm only ragging on stupid fat people that insist on modifying the entire world to suit their needs and their needs only, without considering the vastly greater proportion of people worldwide that aren't having "a glandular problem"....

.....Hey on the plus side if everyone keeps getting more disgusting I'll look better in comparison.

Remember, I'm only making fun of stupid fat people.

Excellence.

Post July 22nd, 2011, 11:48 am

Post July 22nd, 2011, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
[EpicMealTime]"What you know about Facebook?

Let's get a 'Like' button up in this b**ch."[/EpicMealTime]

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!