Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Cedar Point 5-09-03

Cedar Point 5-09-03

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 19th, 2003, 11:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,372.00 Points
I got at cedar point at about 9:30 and got my pass processed.At about
9:50 we were in. We went straight to Dragster.The ride wasn't open
yet,but they did launch the green train.Man that's fast.After the launch they opened the ride. It looked like a small line at first but but I couldn't see the half full queve line.They had to test all 5
trains twice, with 7 minute intervals between launches.Then,1 operator each rode on a dragster train.After 15 tests they finally let people ride.Rider reaction was pretty good.After a hour and a half of waiting,we were on.I swear to it that I was not nervous at all before the launch.Right before we launched I had my arms up.Awsome launch.It seems like it just keep accelerating.Then, it feels like it actually slows down for a second.In other words,the last second you dont gain any speed.0-120 in 3 seconds.The view going up is awesome and the ride has big air at the top.The drop,besides the visuals,was kind of disapointing.There was more lateral g's then negative.What a rush.I'm almost 13 and my sister is 10 and and we were the only ones with hands up all the way.
My second ride later in the day was violent.Which made it even more awesome.My third ride was at night.Great ride.
Top Thrill Dragster=9
After dragster we rode millenium force.We waited only about 20 minutes
with one train operation.We got in the back for a awesome ride.Man I love that drop.
Millennium Force=9.5
After millennium we went over by mantis.We weighted about 30 min for a back seat ride.It's amazing what a paint job can do.Mantis was pretty good.No headbanging, but it did numb my legs.
Mantis=8
We then went over to raptor for a quick backseat ride.The drop is sick in the bach-right seat.After 9 years it is still a great ride.
Raptor=9
Wicked Twister was broke down most of the day but luckily it opened and we got 3 back seat rides.Good as usual.
Wicked Twister=8.5
We then went to power tower,space shot.
Great views, good airtime,weak launch.
Power Tower=7.5
We went to magnum for a back seat ride.If you haven't noticed,i'm a back seat rider.Them bunnies are sweet pain.Painful,but nice.
Magnum=8.5
I still can't believe how smooth gemini is for it's age.Gemini is still going strong.
Gemini=7.5
These are some other rides we rode.
Mean Streak=6.5
Iron Dragon=6
Corkscrew=suprisingly 7

5-10-03
Park was busy but we still rode alot.The highlight was riding dragster at 1:00 am in the front seat.Possibly the best ride I've ever rode.
5-11-03
Really windy today.Only rides that were open were Power Tower,
Dragster,wicked twister,and Mantis.Just rode those alot.We got in line for dragster for one last ride and right in the station,before our ride,it closes due to 70+mph winds.Considering the 3 hour
waits,I guess I'm lucky I got 4 Dragster Rides in.
Well, i think you've suffered enough.Overall it was a good trip.
Last edited by ZERO-123 on May 20th, 2003, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 19th, 2003, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

Post May 20th, 2003, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

sweet!! When I rode Magnum in the backseat I thought I was gonna die LOL My head kept on snapping back really quickly and it hurt a lot. Cool review!!!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports