Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Cedar Point: America's Roller Coast

Cedar Point: America's Roller Coast

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 11th, 2003, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,149.00 Points
This summer I went to Cedar Point and I was SO excited! My favorite roller coaster there was Blue Streak, I could ride on it for hours! I also loved Corkscrew.
My mom loved Woodstock Express
My sister loved Millenium Force, Gemini and Magnum XL-200

What did you love?[?]

Post November 11th, 2003, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Wicked Twister,Raptor,Mantis,Millennium Force,Iron Dragon and MagnumXL-200.Thats the order I like them.

Post November 12th, 2003, 12:54 am

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

iron dragon above magnum? I'd say millennium force followed by magnum, raptor, mean streak, and wicked twister.

Post November 12th, 2003, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 3,979.00 Points
Magnum is a painful coaster.And Wicked Twister is my favorite all time coaster.Hight and speed dont make a coaster better to me.I like the experience.

Post November 12th, 2003, 4:56 pm

Blue Streak was a little rough but it was fun. Corkscrew's bunnyhop is probably the most airtime experience I ever had in CP!

MF is pretty tame...I dunno why. Magnum is my third favorite.

Sincerely, loopier2001

loopier2001 Edit: I thought it was a little rough, but the airtime was extraordinary!

Ebert and Coaster: Two thumbs up, WAY up!

Post November 12th, 2003, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

GO LOOPIER!

lol, Blue Streak is the best ride there, but its not rough ;) Mean Streak is rough. And I agree about MF being tame.

Post November 12th, 2003, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

both of them are pretty good woodies, especially BS considering how old it is.

Post November 15th, 2003, 3:25 pm

Blue Streak's first drop is a [:O]BIG PUNCH[:O][:O][:O] considering the height. Mean Streak I went on and it has NO AIRTIME, NO SMOOTHNESS NOTHING[:(]

Mean Streak was a big dissapointment. I found Gemini a disspointing ride as well. The first drop was awesome but the middle was really boring, I could FALL assleeeeeeep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[:(][:p]

Magnum was fun...wicked twister was bad it got really boring. Raptor, that was one thing I forgot!!! I loved Raptor. It topped Corkscrew. Raptor was surprisingly smooth and the inversions were performed thrillingly!!! The zerogroll was sooooo cool[:D][8D][:D][8D]and the loop was great!!!

The best ride for little kids? Woodstock Express. I found the helices very very thrilling and it is a very smooth ride.

and wildcat was cool as well Schwarzonkops ROCKS!!! Quick drops and quick turns![:D]

THRILLING ROLLER COASTERS:
Gold medal:BLUE STREAK
Silver medal:RAPTOR
Bronze medal:CORKSCREW
MEDAL FOR THE WORST RIDE:
Gold Medal:Mean Streak
Silver Medal: Wicked Twister

Best rollercoasters for kiddies
Gold: Woodstock Express
Silver: Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Post November 25th, 2003, 5:30 pm

In the last few days people have ignored this place. Come on! You know what to do here...

Post November 25th, 2003, 9:26 pm

Originally posted by e-man

both of them are pretty good woodies, especially BS considering how old it is.

Well, the old ones are better than almost all the new ones [;)]
Like Herb Schmeck's coasters, and John Miller's. They would blow away any B&M.

Post November 26th, 2003, 4:40 pm

IF397, if you think MF is tame, why did you also say it was your favorite coaster at CP in the favorite CP coaster poll? I don't mean to corner you but I'm a bit confused

Post November 26th, 2003, 4:43 pm

Post December 2nd, 2003, 10:36 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,858.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Personally, i thought that mantis was the best ride there, because, although it is just really the basic B&M design, it is a stand up coaster. I think that stand up coasters feel great to ride, especially if they are that big and twisted. I also liked raptor, yeah that was cool, erm, TTD wasn't built, other than that, i think blue streak and mean streak were pretty cool, good woodies. Also I don't really like the taller rides as much as some people, and this may sound strange, being a roller coaster madman, but i have pretty bad vertigo and i get real sick, if i am at a height for an extended period of time, like 10, 15 seconds. but anyway yeah, Mantis was probably my best

Post February 14th, 2004, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 2,511.00 Points
i like Millenium Force, Raptor,Wicked Twister, Mean Streak, and Power Tower i have not riden Top Thrill Dragster yet so i can't put it in my top 5 list.

Post February 21st, 2004, 9:55 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
millenium force is by far the best ride in the park!! its awsome!! but i have to say that any coaster at cp is beaten by superman at sfne!...cp really needs a good woodie. and i love the airtime on corkscrew but it hurts a lot with the shoulder restraints.. it would be divine with the intamin "nut crunchers"

Post March 10th, 2004, 5:07 pm

MF SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BLUE STREAK WAS[peakhill]

Post March 10th, 2004, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

MF didnt suck number one, it was one of the best rides in the park, and Blue Streak was alright, but to me wasnt that great overall. But i still think MF is better than Blue Streak.

Post March 10th, 2004, 6:38 pm

I didn't really like MF besides its first drop, it was very tame and wasn't intense at all. Blue Streak was fun, it wasn't intense but at least it had some good air unlike MF...Blue Streak is by far the best coaster at CP.

Post March 10th, 2004, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

I agree with all of you. I like all of them, but i thought wat made MF stand out was the airtime on the first drop. Blue Streak is not my favorite woodie, but it is pretty intense compared to MF.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports