Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point 2016- Valravn

Cedar Point 2016- Valravn

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post May 27th, 2016, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,442.00 Points
I thought this was just a joke but holy poop this is actually happening...
valravn derailed and killed tony clark rip in peace

Post May 27th, 2016, 7:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's probably a survey for a new utility for whatever is going to happen. I doubt an existing utility is under footers or immediately next to them.
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on May 27th, 2016, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 27th, 2016, 7:21 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Well that does look like something. The reason I said I'd rather have a GCI than a RMC is because I REALLY want something on the scale of the Knight Valley coaster in the US.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post May 28th, 2016, 8:58 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Do we know when these were taken? Or when those stakes went into the ground? I was there last Wednesday for a few hours and it was closed for the whole length that I was there which is unusual for that coaster.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 28th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
I'm all for an RMC of the ride, but that leaves CP with only 1 true wooden coaster, and I think Maverick achieves most of what an RMC would.

People will hate me for this, but I honestly think Gemini would better suit the RMC treatment!

After all...

1. Both I-Box conversions and Gemini are steel-track hybrids
  2. Two tracks would allow for an even more unique RMC coaster
  3. Gemini focuses more on airtime hills, vs Mean Streak's gentle curving drops
  4. (Okay, this is a stretch!) RMC has employed a few folks formerly associated with Arrow

Post May 29th, 2016, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
I've been singing this tune for years but I think Cedar Point may end up doing a total RMC conversion of Mean Streak with their topper track so it remains wooden. Time will tell, obvi.

Post May 29th, 2016, 1:35 am
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I'd be all for a RMC Mean Streak. It would give me more than enough of a reason to return to the Point.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post May 29th, 2016, 4:42 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Sodexo wrote:
People will hate me for this, but I honestly think Gemini would better suit the RMC treatment!

Gemini and Iron Dragon are the "step up" from the obvious family rides. I doubt it's going anywhere for awhile, especially since it shares so many parts with Cedar Creek Mine Ride.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 29th, 2016, 8:51 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Sodexo wrote:

Gemini and Iron Dragon are the "step up" from the obvious family rides. I doubt it's going anywhere for awhile, especially since it shares so many parts with Cedar Creek Mine Ride.

Not to mention having the first coaster to break 100' is something I don't see CP wanting to mess around with.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post May 29th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I mean, its always just been a mater of time before something happens to Mean Streak. Then they start improving every sucky ride in the park it was obvious something was going to happen. I''m definitely not ready to say Evil Streak is happening next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does. I never would've thought it be for 2017 though, might even take 2 years anyway. Anyway, don't get hopes up, and I don't think any company other than RMC could really do much to help the ride.

Edit: Did noticed the other page
Sodexo wrote:
slosprint wrote:
I'm all for an RMC of the ride, but that leaves CP with only 1 true wooden coaster, and I think Maverick achieves most of what an RMC would.

After all...

1. Both I-Box conversions and Gemini are steel-track hybrids
  2. Two tracks would allow for an even more unique RMC coaster
  3. Gemini focuses more on airtime hills, vs Mean Streak's gentle curving drops
  4. (Okay, this is a stretch!) RMC has employed a few folks formerly associated with Arrow

Gemini would be overly pointless
I just want to say, Gemini is a really fun ride and actually kindof family friendly with one of the highest riderships in the park. It won't be going anywhere soon.
1) Two tracks would just mean the could theoretically make it dual, but the layout is horrible for an RMC.
2) Mean Streaks layout is really good for an RMC, Geminis.... Not so much. they can replace airtime strong airtime with, um, airtime. Just compare Texas Giant to Collossus, which layout was able to be better used? NTG.
3) That's a complete stretch.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post June 3rd, 2016, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
Not to mention having the first coaster to break 100' is something I don't see CP wanting to mess around with.

I suppose you're right. Not even SF gets rid of "famous coasters" that easily. I had Twisted Colossus at SFMM in mind, but now that I think about it, that ride was more of an exception than anything!

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!