Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Point

Cedar Point

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 1,944.00 Points

Does anyone the best day/knid of day to go to Cedar point,for example a good time to go is when it is not crowded. Thanks for reading if you know the answer please post a reply.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:29 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I am planing a trip there for mid/late May as a gift to my-self for my birthday on the 22nd. Plan on leaving the 17th and getting back home on the 21st. Since its a weekday trip it should be be less crowded.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:33 am

Cool and a happy b-day to you, but I ment over the summer break.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
I find that Mondays, Tuesdays, or wednesdays are the best times to go to amusement parks. Many people like to take 3 day weekends off for vacation. They usually don't go during the weekday. July and August are busy times. So if you could go during the week while many schools are in session, then that would help. Cedar Point is always busy though, so these tips might not apply.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:39 am

thanks and a park with a lot of rides is better cause other people go to the other rides instead of all in line for like 10 different rides.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:43 am

True, but people from around the world go to cedar point, so the coaster lines can get pretty long.

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:45 am

true, but what about going on rainy days or on sunday(because of church).

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:56 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

Post March 19th, 2009, 12:57 am

Sunday is still busy. And unless you want to waste your money, I suggest you don't go when its raining. Cedar Fair has a policy to shut down all "rain rides" at a certain point. Usually they take one train off, which makes the line time longer, then they'll shut it down completely. Unless you happen to go on a day that its suppose to rain and it doesn't, which happened to me once when I went to SF in NJ.

Post March 19th, 2009, 10:31 am

What about the 4th of July, and is there a certain day it's really crowded?

Post March 19th, 2009, 11:11 am

Points on hand: 462.00 Points
The 4th of July is hit and miss, Several years ago they were parking cars on both the causeway and the chaussee, that day there was a 4 hour line for every major coaster. But, 2 years ago July 4th was basically empty with most rides having 15 minute waits. Except MF and Maverick, they were both about an hour.

The best days for CP are traditionally anytime in May, Weekdays in June...and never again for the rest of summer. If you must attend during July or after, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Morning into the afternoon are your best bet, but by Thursday night, The weekend crowd will be felt.

Post March 19th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Cedar Point seems like such a busy place all the time. It doesn't attract as much because of it. I've never even seen a true over hour long ride in my life other than Hulk at IOA.

Post March 19th, 2009, 4:51 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

If at all possible, go in May on a weekday. The park is absolutely dead for the entire month except Memorial Day weekend. NEVER go on Saturday. All season long, if you go on Saturday you're going to run into huge crowds no matter what. Early June is also a good time to go, although not as much as May. And Sunday is a decent day to go, but it's a gamble. Some are completely empty, some are almost as busy as Saturday.

One more tip: if you go on a cool, cloudy day, it'll be completely empty most of the time. If you don't mind it, that's a great way to get in and beat the crowds. The GP only comes out of hibernation on warm, sunny days.

DO NOT go at any time on July 4th weekend (busiest weekend of the year.) Also, DO NOT go in late July or early August. Even the weekdays are nuts by then.

Hope this helps! (Former CP employee, 2004-2008)

Post March 19th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

Avoid weekends. That goes for any park.

Nope. I've found Sundays and even sometimes Saturdays to be the best times to hit Valleyfair. Especially during off-Summer months. Mt. Olympus does generally the same between weekends and weekdays. BGA was honestly not horrible any of the times I've been there, all of them landing around Saturday.

So that is an easy generalization to make...however, again, one that isn't true [;)]

Post March 19th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

I would say Tuesday or Wednesday. Whenever I go to Holiday World or IB on those days, there is little or NO line for any ride. While that's not much of an example since those parks usually don't have much attendance compared to some, but I when I went to Cedar Point on a rainy weekend, there were also hardly any lines. The skies were grey and there was occasionally drizzle, but the longest line we found all day was 30 minutes for Millennium Force. Pretty good if you ask me.

Post March 19th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone for the info especially cid and tracksix.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions