Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2017

Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2017

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post February 27th, 2017, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Whats up guys! Saturday I was fortunate enough to attend Chill Out for the first time and i plan on attending this again and many more events (Coastermania, Coasterstock..... and so forth).

So here's how my tour went (after my stupid Siri decided to route me to North Carolina's Cedar Point and took a ever so slight detour):

1. Maintenance Shop with glimpses of Maverick/Dragster car's disassembled and a slight Millennium Red train lead car waiting to join the others on the track.
2. Cedar Point Shore's: Great photo op's of Magnum, Breaker's new skytower, Point Plummet, New ticket window and overall, Cedar Point Shores!
3. Gemini Photo Op! a no picture clause was in effect after we left Gemini (you can probably guess why) until we reached Mine Ride
4. We learned about Professor Dilbert's Frontier Fling, as well as a Millennium/Dragon train photo op on the way to.................................
5.LUNCH!
6.Merchandise tour and then we where done and heading home :cry:

So here are some interesting things I gathered from the Q/A's:
-Scrambler tear down occurs ever five years, and other rides are based upon what the manufacturer recommends
-A mixture of suits and standard rooms in the new Breaker's skytower
-A new walkway will connect the new Breaker's skytwoer to the current parking lot.
-Fast lane system for cedar point shores has not been determined yet.
-Boardwalk will stay the same.
-Discharge portion of Magnum's exit will be re route to accommodate the new Entrance to Cedar Point.
-The markers in the dirt on the Gemini side of Magnum's lift will be for the new entrance and preferred parking.
-The maximum height for the drop slides on Point Plummet are 42" supposedly
-Parking lot and exterior for cedar point shores will be completed before may 6th when the main park opens, while work walls will go up around Cedar Point Shores until the park is complete
-The old kids area will be reused for Lemmy's Lagoon
-In the petting zoo a new camel will be wit the one at the park already, along with Emu's and a couple new Yak's. Also At the blacksmith shop.A hand led pony ride will be new this year. An up charge attraction. Maximum height for this has not been determined yet.
-Animals from Kings Island, Cedar Point and some from Michigan's adventure go back down to the Honey Hill's Farm in Kentucky during the off season and some go to the Columbus location of Honey Hill's Farm.
-Cost will be similar for Ripcord when it was at challenge park. Season pass discounts will probably be available.
-When planning expansions for the park, full timer's usually look as far as 3,4,5 years.
-There where many possible locations for ripcord.
-Coastermania tickets will go on sale on March 9th.
-The park did tease about RMC mean streak and a bunny hill is at the bottom of the supposedly first drop
-An All new cup program where you can choose between a disposable cup OR a souvenir cup.
-Iron dragon VR will be coming back for good. I believe if I remember correctly it'll will be June through august. VR ONLY AFTER 6 PM
-For all electric car owners. The park has contacted TESLA and discussed charging stations coming
-MELT will be coming to the point at Joe Cool's Cafe but WILL NOT AS OF RIGHT NOW BE ON THE DINING PLAN
-All merchandise goes through Cedar point ware houses and then is delivered to the designated park except for Canada's Wonderland, Knott's Berry Farm and California's great America

Anyways I'll shut up now and share some of my favorite of the pics that i took (i had to do a lot of editing from 245 pictures and 135 Videos)

Attachments
1.JPG
I have arrived at the Sandusky Cedar Point (Not North Carolina one)
2.JPG
I like this parking but the associate one was better (pros of working for the company)
3.JPG
Well hello there beautiful!
4.JPG
Nice enough for the sun to come out and the clouds to go away for a bit
5.JPG
Lets Go!
6.JPG
Hello there Skyride cars
7.JPG
"Kick the sky'.............................or a wild Valravn
8.JPG
Me thinks something is different here..
9.JPG
a wonderful group of BEAUTIFUL AND MARVELOUS track................see what i did there? (no pun intended)
10.JPG
In spirit of the Daytone 500.....................wait that's not the right race I was thinking of
11.JPG
I think someone is hiding from us......
12.JPG
Can I hitch a ride? *Sticks hitchhiker thumb out*
13.JPG
Well hey there! You can't hide anymore
14.JPG
Somethings different in this picture........................can you notice anything? O_o
15.JPG
A nice look down the midway
16.JPG
Can i get a corked roll?.........
17.JPG
All torn down for the season
18.JPG
COMPLETELY torn down for the season
19.JPG
i wonder what those are and where we are heading..........
20.JPG
Well Hello there Maverick!
21.JPG
Matterhorn cars? Im not really sure
22.JPG
Dragster part's anyone?
23.JPG
Rides Maintenance was our first stop!
24.JPG
Whats on display? Millie's lead car from the red train!
25.JPG
Any guesses on whose frame this belongs to?
27.JPG
Maverick cars!
28.JPG
*Lift's Wheel housing up.............walks away*
29.JPG
Scrambler's Center piece
31.JPG
Corckscrew!!
32.JPG
Onto Cedar Point Shores where existing slides are getting new steps!
33.JPG
You sneaky Point Plummet..........you think tou can blend in with Magnum......
34.JPG
Hm. Never seen this before (this picture was takin from a photo location where pictures were allowed)
35.JPG
New ticket booth/entrance!
36.JPG
the erection of point plummet continues..........
37.JPG
i think someone want's to steal the spotlight (from another picture place that was deemed okay)
38.JPG
Cedar Point shores ladies and gentleman!
39.JPG
New area for Cedar Point Shores entrance and preferred parking
40.JPG
Antique cars and Magnum cars?
41.JPG
QUIT STEALING PEOPLE'S ATTENTION (Still in the deemed okay photo zone)
42.JPG
Gemini!
44.JPG
A view that is rarely seen
45.JPG
after a brief stroll through a no picture zone (and you know why) we arrived at the best ride in the park!
46.JPG
Such style.
47.JPG
Still in the okay photo zone
48.JPG
The west was never this wild........until next year.
49.JPG
Millie at its finest
50.JPG
Professor Dilbert's Frontier Fling (aka RIPCORD) in it's new home!
52.JPG
New location for....PONY RIDES!
53.JPG
PONY RIDES!
54.JPG
#DaretoDive
55.JPG
Someone seems to be on track!
56.JPG
Millie!
57.JPG
For all you close train shot nerds
58.JPG
Millennium Forest.
59.JPG
This guy is ready to ride!
60.JPG
A dragon with no flame........or VR
61.JPG
Dive! Dive! Dive!
62.JPG
Skyride!
63.JPG
"Twist 'n' Shout"
64.JPG
Can I get a coke please?
65.JPG
Fly away eagles, Fly!
66.JPG
more snoopy cars!
67.JPG
random millie parts and eagles!
68.JPG
Millie!
69.JPG
Car's!
70.JPG
The new future home of............................MELT. opening May 26th
71.JPG
These will be removed and replaced with a new outdoor patio
72.JPG
Someone's ready to fly!
73.JPG
So majestic
74.JPG
And that wraps it up! Thank you Cedar Point for an amazing event and Im sure you'll see me more than once this coming season!
75.JPG
26.JPG
30.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post February 27th, 2017, 10:11 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Thanks for the TR! So that bunny hill, are you saying it's between the first drop and turn that is currently built or are you saying it's a separate track segment behind it?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 27th, 2017, 10:17 am

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Thanks for the TR! So that bunny hill, are you saying it's between the first drop and turn that is currently built or are you saying it's a separate track segment behind it?

From what we saw, it is between the first drop and the turn currently built. AND for the turn that is currently built, on the way down, from the ledgers that are placed you will bank left (like an outerbank) and then you'll even out. ledgers coming up into the next hill have been placed but i couldnt tell what all it would do.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Post February 27th, 2017, 4:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I love how there's 3 or 4 different projects going on.
What are these for?

Post February 28th, 2017, 7:04 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Great trip report :) I love seeing all the trains ect. in storage and whilst they're doing maintenance.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports