Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point- WOOD you believe it?

Cedar Point- WOOD you believe it?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 29th, 2009, 12:05 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Halo364

I feel like the only one here who enjoys the ride. If you ride it early in the morning, when it is running smoothly, and if you are lucky enough to have the trim brakes turned off, I think it provides a very nice ride.

A roller coaster needs to appeal to my schedule for myself to enjoy it, not the other way around. I don't want to need luck, timing, or strategy to get a kick out of a roller coaster.

Post July 29th, 2009, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 462.00 Points
Don't get me wrong, I love Mean Streak, when they opened it she ran fast and provided a very wild out of control ride. I would rather them remove the brake and let it run free then tear it down. But, we have had that brake for years now, and it isn't going anywhere, so the space it takes could be used much better then it is now.

Originally posted by rcking04

If a ride never has a line, then it's usually a waste of space. At least in Cedar Point's case.

Well then Magnum, Blue Streak, Gemini, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Power Tower, etc. are all wastes of space. I don't think so...on the average day, none of those rides have lines, and if they do, Mean Streak does as well.

Does anybody remember back in, I think, 1993 or 94 when CF experimented with running MS with 6 cars instead of 7, that failed and then the brake appeared.

Post July 31st, 2009, 1:00 am

Points on hand: 975.00 Points
i wonder what mean streak will be like when it actually is fun to ride! im gonna be there first thing that day its done!

Post August 5th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,562.00 Points
Mean Streak was good in its prime, but I think it's retirement is near. It would have been a good idea if cedar point would have moved The Villian from Geauga Lake and put it there, that was a nice wood coaster.

Post August 6th, 2009, 6:36 am

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
Though Mean Streak was painful, so were CKMR, Gemini, and Magnum, and I sincerely doubt those will be going any time soon, especially the last two. Mean Streak and Magnum were the only two that I thought were fun in any sense, but still backbreaking rides like nothing I've ever experienced. Mean Streak can't go. I still don't think CP is ready to lose their title.

Post August 7th, 2009, 2:40 am

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm

Yay. Well. At least somethings happening for 2010.
Nothing about the actual ride though.

Post August 7th, 2009, 3:40 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by pali_gap

Though Mean Streak was painful, so were CKMR, Gemini, and Magnum, and I sincerely doubt those will be going any time soon, especially the last two.

Ironically, these were three of some of my favorite rides there.

Post August 17th, 2009, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 979.00 Points
They are hinting towards a CP announcement date.

They said they wereLaboring over all of this 2010 stuff. Hinting to a Labor Day announcement.

CP also said

KD 1, CW 2, CP 3,

That hints to the order of announcements.

Post August 30th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,275.00 Points
knock down mean streak and replace it with an intamin like el toro but more twisted layout>

Post September 24th, 2009, 9:05 am

Points on hand: 115.00 Points

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!