Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Chang Dismantled

Chang Dismantled

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 22nd, 2009, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
Freaking ridiculous. This was the only worthwhile ride at the park, and that's not saying very much. Chang was one of my least favorite B&M coasters, but the only ride I actually enjoyed while I was there. it's sad. I don't even like Kentucky Kingdom, it's really not worth my time now.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Why couldn't they remove freakin T2?!! That's the worst ride in existence!

Post September 22nd, 2009, 12:29 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Most buzz says Chang is going to SFGAm. Nothing comfirmed yet but my prediction is, Chang's trains will go to Iron Wolf and Chang will get floorless trains giving SFGAm the multi looper it's missing while making Iron Wolf slightly more rideable.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 1:12 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I have a feeling SFKK will become like GL in the years to come. Once you start to move stuff for a waterpark expansion, especially a ride of this size, it only means one thing for the park - transformation.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 1:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
^It has to mean that. Twisted Twins has been SBNO for some time now, and now they are removing chang. The park is so tiny, that a water park is pretty much all it can become. There is absolutely no room for them to expand, and Chang took up massive amounts of space, so i understand that. And everytime I went to SFKK even on a Saturday it was never packed. The place gets no bussiness at all whatsoever.

The only place that actually did have guests was the waterpark, so I wouln't be suprised at all if that was the case.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 1:28 pm

Yup, thats where I got my reason. VERY low attendance, lack of maintenance to rides and a waterpark that is always hoppin. Geauga Lake had the same scenario (also it being close enough to CP that Cedar Fair figured they could turn more profit making it a water park and giving rides to other parks) and its seemed to pay off.

If it helps SF basically unload some overhead by giving new rides to parks where they will be used (possible to revitalize a park too) and make the cost of running a waterpark more profitable than a whole park, go for it.

If you live in Kentucky, go to Holiday World, KI or ride Kentucky Rumbler.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 511.00 Points
Originally posted by Spongemonkey74

Most buzz says Chang is going to SFGAm. Nothing comfirmed yet but my prediction is, Chang's trains will go to Iron Wolf and Chang will get floorless trains giving SFGAm the multi looper it's missing while making Iron Wolf slightly more rideable.

That makes an absolute ton of sense. That said, I'm 99 % sure that wont be happening. It's 6 flags, after all.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

HW and KI aren't in Kentucky.
Just keep scrolling...

Post September 22nd, 2009, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,440.00 Points

Would not work, they would not know the G forces considering the ride was built for a standups heartline roll and not a floorless rides heartline roll.
Cedar Point FTW

Post September 22nd, 2009, 4:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
This is sad...is it possible that it may go to Great Adventure New England or America??

Post September 22nd, 2009, 4:44 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by griffonluv

I think we all know that, but, thanks for pointing it out.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 5:06 pm

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
Originally posted by Randomman4

Would not work, they would not know the G forces considering the ride was built for a standups heartline roll and not a floorless rides heartline roll.

I know this isn't much, but I looked at pictures of stand-ups and floorless, and their heartlines looks like they would be in almost the same exact spot on the body, if not a minuscule difference.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 5:18 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Chang was designed as a stand up. It will remain as such.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 5:22 pm

Originally posted by griffonluv

Yea...thanks for that update.

But, they are on the Kentucky border basically. You knew that, right? Must not have since you decided to tell me where two locations are that I drive to every year...lol

Post September 22nd, 2009, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
^lol my bad. The way you phrased it made it seem like you thought they were in Kentucky. But I thought it was just a typo or something if you did mean it that way.
Just keep scrolling...

Post September 22nd, 2009, 6:47 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
And it would fit where in SFGAm?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 22nd, 2009, 6:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Post September 22nd, 2009, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by haydawg149

I know this isn't much, but I looked at pictures of stand-ups and floorless, and their heartlines looks like they would be in almost the same exact spot on the body, if not a minuscule difference.

If you call 0.3 meters, or nearly 1 foot, a "minuscule" difference, then you may be correct. However .3 meters is not a small difference.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 566.00 Points

Yes it will work if they did change the cars to floorless trains.Bizarro (A.K.A Medusa) is somewhat similar in track design to chang.The only thing that sets them both apart,is that Bizarro has a heartline spin,and a cobra roll.Chang, has neither of those.What IS the same about Chang and Bizarro,is the 2 corkscrews towards the end of the ride.So putting floorless trains on Chang's tracks will make it somewhat tame compared to Bizarro.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 8:22 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

No it will not. The heart-lines on these types of coasters are very different. Its not something that can be changed with new/different trains

Post September 22nd, 2009, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Jesus Christ, I missed something. SFKK is closing CHANG for ANOTHER water park expansion?!?!?!?!? What is there left, Thunder Run and a poopty Vekoma SLC?

Hmmmmmm, how about Chang goes to SFSL? [approve]

Post September 22nd, 2009, 9:29 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

As Real said, SFKK is getting ready to do what GL did a few years ago. That is, switching to a waterpark only complex.

Post September 22nd, 2009, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Jesus Christ, I missed something. SFKK is closing CHANG for ANOTHER water park expansion?!?!?!?!? What is there left, Thunder Run and a poopty Vekoma SLC?

Hmmmmmm, how about Chang goes to SFSL? [approve]

T2 is the roughest coaster I have ever ridden

Post September 22nd, 2009, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Post September 22nd, 2009, 11:42 pm

Considering that NoLimits pretty much has actual data for their rides...they claim the heartline from track (I think rails) to riders heart on a FLoorless is 1.3m (or 4.26). The heartline for a Standup is 1.6m (or 5.24ft)

A 1ft difference its quite drastic when these rides are engineered the strictest of tolerances.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!