Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa Construction

Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa Construction

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 28th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
No,the pure awesomness of my voice would let your head explode.

New Trains!

Post February 28th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

SURPRISE: Intamin designs their rides to have laterals.

Is it good to have laterals with those trains? Headbashing on the restraints?

I thought they said lapbars, but I guess not.

Post February 28th, 2011, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post February 28th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Points on hand: 784.00 Points

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Originally posted by Kyle Sloane

Yeah lats are great with those trains.

Sarcasm? Becuase any harsh transitions on Maverick can hurt. I guess we'll see about that.

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I found those transitions only to hurt my thighs. And that is not lats that is transitional forces, which can hurt with any restraint, but lats do not hurt. Only abrupt lats or really unusually fast transitions like maverick.

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Maverick didn't hurt at all. You don't hit your head on anything, also...the restraint rests on your shoulders and is flat.

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Maverick didn't hurt at all. You don't hit your head on anything, also...the restraint rests on your shoulders and is flat.

That is if you're tall enough. And that sounds like it's more painful if you hit your neck into it. More blade-like, and blunt, lol.

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Maverick painful? I don't really see how that ride is painful in any way. I have not yet ridden it, but I swear you have to be a little bitch to say any Intamin coaster is painful... The only coaster I have ever said to be painful was Kong @ SFDK, and even that wasn't bad. There aren't a whole lot of coasters that are painful enough to moan and bitch about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but still. Grow a pair of nuts, and man up.

--EDIT--

Btw, those trains look really good. The green track and orange trains will go very nicely together.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 28th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
... Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

[lol] There are painful rides dude, you just have to ride the right ones. Rides that have shake and rattle that overpower the fun you could try to have on it.

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:34 am

I loved Maverick, but Gerst is right about the blade-like side-effects. Although they aren't that bad on Maverick, my point was that they could be magnified with a ride that has major lats, supposedly like Cheetah Hunt (which I still doubt).

And Maverick isn't painful so much as a little uncomfortable because of the restraints. It's quick and intense and I don't think those restraints mesh the best with the ride's style.
A similar but more extreme example is how Revolution's OTSRs completely kill the amazing potential of the coaster. Revolution could be killer if it kept only the original lapbars like Montezooma or Mind Bender.

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:41 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I guess they just fit my body perfectly. No chopping at all, are super comfortable, and the airtime is still great.

Never thought I'd be a fan of Maverick but I absolutely loved it.

Post March 1st, 2011, 12:47 am

I guess they just fit my body perfectly. No chopping at all, are super comfortable, and the airtime is still great.

Never thought I'd be a fan of Maverick but I absolutely loved it.

The whole ride and ejector airtime were great for me except a little chop on the low to the ground turns and the last Stengel dive (It probably doesn't help that I had my arms up the whole time). Also, my legs were pinned at the end, but I DGAF about that. The coaster is my #3 right now. Super speedy and awesome.

To me, it just doesn't look like Cheetah Hunt will deliver on the same caliber as Maverick (the only coaster I see as similar to CH that I've been on). Except the Airtime hill, and 3 launches look badass, as well as the theming that's coming along.

Post March 1st, 2011, 1:13 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Cheeto Hunt has two cars per train? Whats up with this short train Intamin thing... I mean, I can understand it on maverick with the incredibly short transitions, but Cheeta hunt?
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 1st, 2011, 1:25 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
^Where'd you find that out? I've heard 4 cars this entire time.

Post March 1st, 2011, 1:48 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I was looking at how the cars came out as separate trains with two cars per train. I might be wrong (and i probably am dude to my unwanted tendency to say stupid stuff even when I think it's smart and correct and then someone tells me you are talking about the wrong thing).
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post March 1st, 2011, 1:58 am

It's easier to transport the trains having two cars per track section? Most effecient for the crane to transport them by two's.

If you look at the pics on Screamscape, they had two track sections in the truck (each with two cars on it) and only one had the front car of the train. I believe the whole 1st train was delivered in that truck.

Post March 1st, 2011, 2:29 am

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

... Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

[lol] There are painful rides dude, you just have to ride the right ones. Rides that have shake and rattle that overpower the fun you could try to have on it.

Get away from my ego! lol

I think what I said was taken very negatively. I guess I just hate it when people bitch about good rides.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post March 1st, 2011, 3:35 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
**bangs head on the table**
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 1st, 2011, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

**bangs head on the table**

Copier, lol.
This is not my signature.

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm

Originally posted by Flickstah

I think what I said was taken very negatively. I guess I just hate it when people bitch about good rides.

Who's bitching?

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
Originally posted by Flickstah

Maverick painful? I don't really see how that ride is painful in any way. I have not yet ridden it, but I swear you have to be a little bitch to say any Intamin coaster is painful... The only coaster I have ever said to be painful was Kong @ SFDK, and even that wasn't bad. There aren't a whole lot of coasters that are painful enough to moan and bitch about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but still. Grow a pair of nuts, and man

Go ride the 10 loop coaster at thrope park..
I'm 5"8 n I could barely get on n off those dam trains n the pain from the ridr was insane
Maverick was not a fin coaster for me :(
Mack rides could have done better then intamin did

I do like this. Ride ... I hope they add more stuff to the ride

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Colossus was NOT painful. Yes, it' shaky and hella uncomfortable, but to bitch about it being painful....pussy. I'd even go as far and say that Maverick was more painful than Colossus, and Maverick is my personal #1 coaster!

Anywho, I'm looking forward to this whole cheetah thing...should be fun!

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Those trains look very nice.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post March 2nd, 2011, 3:43 am

Whoops. lol

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!