Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Cloudburst: B&M Giga

Cloudburst: B&M Giga

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 15th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Greetings, everyone! It's been quite some time since my last post, and a very long time since my last track upload. Well, here's a project I've been working on as of late.

It's my turn to jump on the B&M Giga bandwagon, with Cloudburst. Maxing out at a perilous 300.0 ft, and reaching 90 mph at the bottom of an 81 degree drop, this gentle giant packs in a whopping 16 seconds of airtime.

I spent a lot of time on the aesthetics of this ride. I modified the sunset.env a little bit to suit what I had in mind, I added a custom lift and antiroll texture, and a engineered a custom lift sound file that works really nicely. I'm really happy with how it turned out; it sounds very realistic and has "clicks" as each car latches on the the beginning of the lift, as well as a release "click" as the car crests the top of the lift.

Here are some teaser pics, courtesy of GerstlCrazy, my primary tester:

Image Insert:
51.7 KB

Image Insert:
138.52 KB

Image Insert:
106.28 KB

I plan on releasing it this coming Sunday after some final tweaks.

Cheers!
-Keegan
Last edited by tiepilot35 on October 15th, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 15th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
I don't hear custom lift sounds too often. That's bound to gain some originality/accuracy points.

Post October 16th, 2012, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I like the lighting a lot and I think the ride looks good from what you've presented, but I'd suggest looking into another skybox and some bigger trees...your environment minus the lighting doesn't really do justice to what looks like it may be a high quality ride.

Post October 16th, 2012, 1:11 am

I haven't been able to figure out how to make a custom environment in all my years of NLing...well, the background images at least. Skyboxer and all that jazz... I dunno. It never worked for me. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to come up with one. Right now I'm just using the images from the default sunset environment.

And your suggestion of bigger trees is a good idea; I shall try implementing that.

Post October 16th, 2012, 3:06 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,798.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Hi there, Tiepilot. Been a while!

The ride looks really sweet so far. Especially that picture of the drop and the turn at the bottom of it, some great looking supports also.

What you're doing with the lift chain sound will be a good addition, too. Not that I will be able to hear it; something I did, a long time ago, stopped NoLimits from making any sounds whatsoever [lol]

Post October 16th, 2012, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
^Try dialing up the sound slider in the NL Sim options?

I agree it looks really nice. Unfortunately I don't know how to make skybox textures, but there are some free skyboxes on NL-E I think that Dave made for free use with credit.

Post October 16th, 2012, 5:27 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by AJClarke0912

^Try dialing up the sound slider in the NL Sim options?

I wish [V]. When the sound first disappeared, I tried every setting, even visual ones (lol don't ask), and nothing. No idea what happened and not computer literate enough to start chuffing around with the actual sound files either so I'm just waiting for NL2 ;)

Post October 16th, 2012, 6:43 pm

I think I'll try to use an environment from Dave's pack; they're really excellent. At least the skybox images, I'll certainly edit some of the other features.

Gouldy, that's sad, my custom lift is so cool...you deserve to hear it...maybe I'll make a video and upload it or something.

Post October 16th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
The disengage sound will be cool... I was thinking about adding that to my custom lift sound for Schizophrenia, but realized that some people may lag on the lift FPS-wise and it would not trigger the sound at the right time. Also, if you increase the time speed on the lift like most people do when riding, the sound loop does not speed up with it, and thus doesn't finish with the chain disengage.

Hopefully NL2 will solve all of these problems. At least the time speed thing and the speed at which the cars hit/travel the lift. Like how RCT2 does things.

Post October 16th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^He's already made a cautionary statement on the loading page that warns against speeding up time. And ignorance aside, most people with sense would probably reset the simulation if they sped up and heard something strange happening on the lift.

Post October 17th, 2012, 7:47 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by tiepilot35

Gouldy, that's sad, my custom lift is so cool...you deserve to hear it...maybe I'll make a video and upload it or something.

That would be schaweet! I'm sure it's something I've altered, in my infinite wisdom [lol]

Will this have much by way of 3D construction, other than the little bits we can see on the supports and lift hill/drop structure; like station and ride area, etc? Just curious, as the ride looks like it deserves to have those final completing touches.

Post November 4th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Post November 4th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah it should have been there in the first place cough

Return to Hard Hat Area