Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Coaster Poll

Coaster Poll

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 23rd, 2004, 2:27 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
There is a big difference between BM and Intamin, B&M's are tame while Intamins have Big G's (NO B&M has +4.7 G's and as much -g's as Storm Runner )

Well, I would think that 4.6 is rather close to 4.7, and I would believe you couldnt tell the difference. Katun pulls 4.5 - 4.6 twice during its ride, which being inverted usually intensifies the feeling as well. I also believe that Dueling Dragons Fire HAS to pull over 4.5 G's. Ive ridden quite a few coasters now and a wide variety and NO coaster has ever pushed my arms down when they were up---till Dueling Dragons Fire. They didnt push them all the way down, but I could really feel the G's more than any other ride Ive been on. Its probably the most intense beemer in the US, and possibly the world.

Also, the most intense feeling Ive felt on a coaster came from a B&M, Superman:Ultimate Flight - The Pretzel Loop. Till you have something like 3.5 G's pressing on your chest, everything else feels tame in comparison.

But how would it be vague? You only give us 3 real choices with Steel (even though like I said, the SAME designer designs both) and if you bring wood in, thats what, maybe 2 or 3 more? wow, 5 choices, thats too much for me to handle ;)

I love both, but I can point out more bad things with Intamin than I can B&M.

Oh and also, no designer does airtime like CCI did airtime - Smooth and forceful. Go ride Shivering Timbers, give yourself a few inches on your lap bar, and then get back with me ;)

Post November 24th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
ok polls closed. Thanks for all the votes, hopefullly in the next few days i'll tally everything up

Post November 25th, 2004, 4:08 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Oh and also, no designer does airtime like CCI did airtime - Smooth and forceful. Go ride Shivering Timbers, give yourself a few inches on your lap bar, and then get back with me ;)

well, if the g's on that sucker are anything like Ghostie's, it does no good because it just closes the restrain on you giving you only 2-3 inches of space insead of like 5 or w/e.

Post November 25th, 2004, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Good luck getting anywhere near 5 inches on GhostRider in the first place...when I rode it, the ride ops gave me about 1 inch of space.

Post November 25th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,651.00 Points

Consider yourself lucky IF, I have ridden Ghostie about 15 times or so and have been stapled every time except the first time I rode it about a week after it opened, and even then I only got about an inch of space.

Post November 25th, 2004, 6:34 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Good luck getting anywhere near 5 inches on GhostRider in the first place...when I rode it, the ride ops gave me about 1 inch of space.

I did a good job on covering up the amount of space. I don't think it was 5 inches, but it was enough room to feel the ejector air. Either that, or I went on a good day. I was only stapled once that last day, but then I said that it was closed to tight, and they gave me a lil extra room, but, yeah, I've only been stapled once on that ride.

Post December 24th, 2004, 12:27 am

Points on hand: 103.00 Points

1. coaster-TopThrill Dragster
2. Wooden--Texas giant
3. Steel---TopThrill Dragster
4. Standup-Chang
5. Sitdown-Great American Scream Machine
6. Inverte-- Nemesis
7. Hyper - Millennium Force
8. Launch - Top Thrill Dragster
9. Flying - Superman Ultimate flight
10. floorle- Medusa
11. Terrain - N\A
12. Twister - Cyclone
13. SCompan- B&M

Post December 26th, 2004, 10:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
there wasn't enough votes to make a real clear winner and to do it right, but i will tell you there was a 4 way tie for first in coaster with Millenium Force, Storm Runner, X, and SROS (SFNE), and Shivering Timbers won the wooden category

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions