Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions CoasterCrazy Awards 2008 (CCA) Round 1

CoasterCrazy Awards 2008 (CCA) Round 1

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 30th, 2008, 4:25 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by RCT-3-Crazy

This is no contest of what the best ride is, this is an contest of north america, otherwise some good European Rides wouln't be losing right now....

what else did you expect? How can you ask from an mostly-american site that all the members have ridden european coasters?
Besides, have you ridden all the coasters you voted down?

Post December 30th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Would anyone care to explain to me how Top Thrill Gimmick is beating Boulder Dash... (and why they were paired in the first place)?

Post December 31st, 2008, 6:25 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

^It's not beating Boulder Dash anymore! [:D]

Anyway, people vote for katun!
I don't see Nitro being in the top 10 in the Mitch Hawker Poll...
Well, not even top 15...

Post December 31st, 2008, 10:14 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Sorry but I'd rather ride a B&M hyper over an Invert any day. B&M inverts do almost absolutely noting for me, except for the forceful, out of control varieties.

Post December 31st, 2008, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ Gotta agree. I like inverts, but not as much to say more than a B&M Hyper. Its actually really fun to be dropped from 250 ft in the air, hitting a 3 G bottom and being launched back into the sky, i love it!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post December 31st, 2008, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I dunno, Nitro is pretty tame. Fun, but not intense or thrilling at all. Never been on Katun, but it looks like a more intense ride than Nitro so it got my vote.

Post December 31st, 2008, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Katun should win against Nitro IMO aswell. Nitro really isn't all that people say it is to me. The helix is kinda forceful, but the airhills are lame, and the trims are everywhere. Goliath at Walibi shouldn't be losing either.

Post December 31st, 2008, 9:24 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^Katun and Nitro are both good in other ways.
If I had to choose for 3 hours of ERT on either Katun or Nitro, I'd pick Katun, because I prefer inverts. Which doesn't mean that I would rank Nitro under TTD.

The thing about coaster polls is that you are comparing a wide range of things with each other. Use brackets when playing football is OK.
The other thing is personal opinion. Even people who have ridden the exact same coasters still come up with different opinions.
Which is why it is stupid to claim that poll-result are incorrect, they just don't fit your opinion.
The best poll to date is Mitch Hawkers poll, and the more people that send in their votes, how brighter the big picture is.
Yet whatever the results, if you think Son of Beast is better than El Toro, what's wrong with that? This is a free world (or most of it, anyways) These forum would be boring as hell if everybody agreed on Montu being the best steel (which it is, btw).

Post January 1st, 2009, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,117.00 Points

All the European rides don't stand a chance. Goliath @ Walibi has much better thought out lay-out than Griffon. Though I've never ridden Griffon. Griffon looks lame to me, only the drops would thrill me.

Post January 1st, 2009, 4:46 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^have ridden both of them, I would pick griffon over goliath everyday.

Post January 6th, 2009, 6:28 pm

I really don't get these. Why do you keep putting steel against wood? Would have loved to have seen Boulder Dash vs Voyage.....Since that's actually a somewhat valid comparison (especially with the 'debate' earlier in this thread).

Post January 6th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Post January 6th, 2009, 7:32 pm

It still seems pointless to even compare. It's apples to oranges regardless of the turnout.....It could be unfair to rides on either side this way.

Post January 6th, 2009, 8:03 pm

!?!?!?! NITRO BEATING GRIFFON!?!? WTH!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post January 7th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Man, Nitro doesn't even deserve to be beating Griffon at all IMO. Come on people, keep voting!

Post January 7th, 2009, 5:18 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Nitro>Griffon

Altough Griffon has a cool drop, that's just it, nothing else. Nitro on the other hand has more airtime, more steep drops and a powerfull helix.

Post January 7th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post January 7th, 2009, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,333.00 Points
Superman Ride of Steel is SO overrated!! I mean cmon, so many parts of it are weak and boring, especially the first airtime hill, overbanked turn [xx(], the long flat section right after and so much of the helixes!! Also, the ride has aged considerably (transitions sometimes do not have such a great feel, which I'm wondering if it was already like this on opening).. and the seats are kind of uncomfortable. Finally, WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK AIRTIME IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING ON A COASTER??!!!!! [:(!]

Post January 7th, 2009, 7:17 pm

^Well, if you don't think airtime is the only important thing, then you should vote for Superman anyways...It's against Toro, haha.

[lol]I don't wanna hate on Nitro because I do find it to be a fun ride, but intensity wise, it could put me to sleep. It's just a little too weak, while Griffon's got the ejector drops and some pretty sweet hang time.

Post January 7th, 2009, 7:17 pm

^ its not... but you really need to ride S:ROS in the back, extreme airtime, fast turns, airtime isnt the only thing on a coaster, but let me ask you. And secondly, the ride is not overrated, because if superman doesn't please you, then I dont think that any coaster can because superman encorperates all of the elements of good coasters: Airtime, Fast Turns, Fast Speed, all of the fantastic elements that make a great coaster. It's a really good and fun coaster, i dont understand what kind of coasters really do please you.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post January 8th, 2009, 2:37 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

True, S:ROS is overrated, it is not 'mega-good', it's just very good.

Post January 11th, 2009, 12:29 pm

El Toro's better than S:ROS in my opinion. The twister sections not as spread out and the sir is more intense, I can't see why SROS is winning actually.

Post January 11th, 2009, 10:48 pm

S:Ros is way better to me, it is much more of a complete ride. El Toro is kinda boring after the first 3 hills and the three quick turns. S:RoS keeps up it's intensity through the entire layout...the helices are pretty intense.

Post January 11th, 2009, 10:54 pm

I just didn't like Superman as much because of the straight drops...To me, they really, REALLY made a difference.

Post January 11th, 2009, 11:03 pm

What do you mean drops? The only straight drop is the first one, which is still really good. Just as steep as El Toro really...the only difference is the air, which SROS has more of anyways.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions