Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets CoasterCrazy Meet 2017 Planning/Brainstorming

CoasterCrazy Meet 2017 Planning/Brainstorming

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
After the successful, and more importantly, AWESOME CoasterCrazy Liseberg Meet earlier this month, we've decided to begin discussing next years meetup now, mainly in order to entice more members and to give plenty of planning time for arrangements as Liseberg was pretty last minute in the grand scheme of things.

So, to kick things off, the preliminary plan is similar to the set up of the recent Liseberg meet.

We plan to hold the official meet at Europa Park in Germany for 3 days! Either before or after this (similar to Liseberg) there will likely be a road trip that is optional for you to attend that in this instance is likely to cover Hansa Park, Heide Park Resort, Movie Park Germany, Holiday Park, Phantasialand and possibly De Efteling!

Again, we would be looking at August time to allow for maximum attendance however we want your thoughts and ideas on the trip.

Europa Park will almost certainly be the main meet park, however we'd like to hear if you have any ideas for the road trip, or just general thoughts on this meet idea.

Let the brainstorming commence!

-JAMMY-
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Points on hand: 374.00 Points

Would more than likely be up for the Europa-Park leg, as I'll probably have an annual pass by then! August sounds like the best option to allow for the most amount of people to attend. Accommodation would need to be booked well in advance, as Rust can get booked up pretty quickly, and the resort hotels are extortionately priced (and completely booked up for most of the year).

:)
1. Helix
2. Wodan
3. Nemesis
4. Blue Fire
5. Balder

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Anything before mid-July will be impossible for me to attend - but I'd certainly like to make at least part of the tour, even if that means I missed out on Europa Park. August should be fine!

For those interested there's 46 current coasters throughout the parks Jammy mentioned - and here's a breakdown of estimated driving times between each (driving North to South)
Attachments
north to south.png
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
I live just in between Movie Park Germany, Efteling and Phantasialand. So I will probably attend those three meetings if this tour will be made. ;)

I have some tips for Movie Park Germany if you decide to go to that park for a day:

There is a small themepark literally next to Movie Park. It's a 12 minute / 1km walk from the entrance of Movie Park to the other themepark "Schlo?? Beck". It's not really an interesting park but you can get another coaster credit and do some Heege rides in there without having to drive to another park. Plus because it's so close to Movie Park, you can easily split the group and have one part of the group stay in Movie Park while the other go to Schlo?? Beck for about an hour.

Movie park normally closes at 6 p.m. At the town Bottrop (near Movie Park) there's an alpine coaster at an indoor ski centre. The alpine coaster should stay open till the sun goes down. So if you're interested in alpine coasters, you could easily do this after a day at Movie Park (although in my opinion this alpine coaster isn't that good).

In the summer, pretty near Movie Park there is the second largest funfair of the world (for as far as I know). It will only stay for a week so you have to be lucky if it's there when you are in Movie Park but if it's open, I sure think that it's worth a small visit after you went to Movie Park. ;) It's called "Cranger Kirmes".

mkingy User avatar

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Im gonna start sketching up an east coast or west coat trip, which would people be more interested in?
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I wish I had the money for these trips.... Especially the European ones. That said its awesome to see this happening and gaining steam.
What are these for?

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

The goal of our meets is to have 2 big official meets for CC per year, maybe more
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

mkingy User avatar

Plus if anyone is coming over to the UK, given enough notice I'm sure a couple of us UK people would be able to attend a meet!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Turbo User avatar

Alright, so I am taking a look at what we can do for the 2017 Euro Tour and this is what I have come up with for the plan.

Firstly I think it's fair that we plan for the main meet first. Seeing as Europa Park has the most traction naturally I think it would be the better idea to start there. Please be aware that EUROPA PARK WILL BE THE CENTRAL COASTERCRAZY MEET PARK. That means for those who only wish to attend certain parks may do so or those who want to join me on the road trip are also able to as well. This posts breakdown will show the initial ideas for what the itinerary looks like. If you are wondering about when this will be going on WE ARE THINKING LATE JULY OR EARLY AUGUST AGAIN.

The parks would be as follows:

Day 1 and 2 (and 3 if you're not going on road trip)
Europa Park

Day 3
Tripsdrill and Holiday Park

Day 4
Phantasialand

Day 5
Toverland

Day 6
Movie Park Germany

Day 7
Heide Park

Day 8
Hansa Park

Now I personally am in love with this idea and I think it's an awesome and convenient tour. Everything is on the way and nothing goes without purpose. There are 53 credits on the entire tour and I am 100% down with it all
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
If the price isn't too high I should be able to go!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Turbo User avatar

As it stands right now ticket prices alone for all parks on the road trip are $349.50 in total. That's without hotels, food, airfare, and the rental car. This trip is a bit more expensive than the Sweden trip however very much worth it.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Turbo User avatar

Alright guys, bringing this topic back to life again. If you were to have 3 things you want from these trips what would they be?

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
1. Carpool since I'll only be getting my license this year
2. Group hotel and ticket pricing?
3. Renting out Phantasialand lol (also staying in one of their hotels).
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Paradox wrote:

better have mad gas money boi
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Any chance for a US meet up?
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
yes, there is one in the works, we will let you guys know more details once we have them.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
Alright guys, bringing this topic back to life again. If you were to have 3 things you want from these trips what would they be?

ERS, cheap hotelling and a fun trip in overall. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 1,336.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
2. Group hotel and ticket pricing?

I second this, as I'm a broke 15 year old who lives in the US. In the rare chance my parents would let me travel abroad, I would need a ride between parks, and probably some discount hotels.

Turbo User avatar

So I'll be taking on the prime task of making these events possible this upcoming year, as it stands we will be doing two yearly trips. One in Europe and the other in the Americas. Yes there is a trip for the US planned and I am working on getting everything done ASAP. As it stands all key details will probably be released on the first of the upcoming year.

Mainly I am curious as to what you guys would like to see done.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
I'll go only if we get 4 hours of ERT on MP-Xpress.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
If the US trip ends up being East Coast I can help with planning, I know it pretty well up and down.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Points on hand: 374.00 Points

I'd quite like to for us to get more behind the scenes tours! Obviously I would also love for us to have free entry to parks, however the vast majority are not like the parks in Sweden where they will let any geek and his dog in for free, but some parks such as EP, will sometimes offer backstage tours to enthusiast groups, if they are asked nicely enough. ;)
1. Helix
2. Wodan
3. Nemesis
4. Blue Fire
5. Balder

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
Alright, so I am taking a look at what we can do for the 2017 Euro Tour and this is what I have come up with for the plan.

Firstly I think it's fair that we plan for the main meet first. Seeing as Europa Park has the most traction naturally I think it would be the better idea to start there. Please be aware that EUROPA PARK WILL BE THE CENTRAL COASTERCRAZY MEET PARK. That means for those who only wish to attend certain parks may do so or those who want to join me on the road trip are also able to as well. This posts breakdown will show the initial ideas for what the itinerary looks like. If you are wondering about when this will be going on WE ARE THINKING LATE JULY OR EARLY AUGUST AGAIN.

The parks would be as follows:

Day 1 and 2 (and 3 if you're not going on road trip)
Europa Park

Day 3
Tripsdrill and Holiday Park

Day 4
Phantasialand

Day 5
Toverland

Day 6
Movie Park Germany

Day 7
Heide Park

Day 8
Hansa Park

Now I personally am in love with this idea and I think it's an awesome and convenient tour. Everything is on the way and nothing goes without purpose. There are 53 credits on the entire tour and I am 100% down with it all

I realize I'm new here, but I'm interested in the trip and I had some thoughts. It looks easy to add Efteling given this itinerary since it's so close to Toverland. Here are two possibilities I mapped out:

1. The exact same trip + Efteling. We would need to either add an extra day or keep the same number of days and go to Efteling on Day 5, then do both Toverland and Movie Park on Day 6, then continue to Heide and Hansa as scheduled. (Movie Park is the unlabeled destination east of Toverland)
2017 Euro Trip.JPG

2. The same trip + Efteling and Walibi Holland. This would make the trip either 9 or 10 days and is my preference unless it prices too many people out of the trip. (Hansa Park is unlabeled up top)
Attachments
2017 Euro Trip 2.JPG

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
Thanks for the ideas Connor_The_Colossus!

We are currently in the process of organising trips for next year but I very much like the idea of the second itinerary you produced. We will look into this some more! :)

Thanks again!
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Next

Return to Theme Park Meets