Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Coasting Through The USA - 2018 Matthew6969 Trip Reports!

Coasting Through The USA - 2018 Matthew6969 Trip Reports!

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
Whats up guys! This thread will be the home for all park TR's from parks I visit in 2018! Hope you like it!

Trip Reports Posted:
Silver Dollar City, March 2018

=======================================================================================================
On March 14th, 2018, I visited one of the USA's most notable theme park in the country. Silver Dollar City. Never before have i been to the park, but I have visited the sister park, Dollywood, last April. Boy was I amazed at this park. Not only did it feel like a great theme park, but everyone makes you feel like family! Its great! Unfortunately as income was a little scarce, I did not eat anything at the park as we all had bought road trip snacks to eat on the journey and at the park. So no, once again I did not get Cinnamon Bread at EITHER HERSCHEND PARKS :( :(

Anyways my thoughts on the coasters (We didn't see any flats that caught our eye to ride)

-Time Traveler: OH BUDDY. We upgraded our ticket for the day to be one of the first public riders out on the ride, and lucky enough (after catching a shirt or two), we where on the third public train out of the station. If theirs one thing that i did not like about the ride was it was a little chilly and it didn't seem to be pacing good going over the over-bank turns, but with the cold weather came the best thing on the over-banks, HANGTIME! Yes we got some good hangtime at the tops of those turns, as well as some good ejector over the smaller hills and transitions. I can tell that the ride was warmed up when we where on the last train of the night as it was pacing GREAT! Overall I would give the ride a solid 8/10

-Outlaw Run: What a great wooden coaster! Not only is the ride packed with speed, but the airtime is phenomenal! First ride was in last row, right side. That drop seems to go on forever and the barrel rolls at the end are amazing! There was a spot where i felt a bump in the car at the bottom of the first drop though (seems to be a thing with RMC topper tracks in the Herschend company....................if you get that joke good for you, im kidding though lol)Our second ride was in the very front, right side and the ride seemed to have really warmed up by then. That first over-bank is amazing and not to mention that I loved the hand-chopper that is when you dive under the lift hill. I would give Outlaw a solid 8.5/10)

-Wildfire: To me I thought that this seemed like every other B&M out there, but i enjoyed it! It seemed pretty smooth to from my two rides in the front and back! I would give it a 6.5/10

-Thunderation: A very good Arrow mine train, seemed pretty smooth however I only took one ride on it. Loved the drop after the lift hill as well as the forceful helix's before encountering the lift. 7/10

-Powder Keg: Why oh why are there not more rides like this built by S&S! (Or am i just blind and there are more than I think I know). This ride is amazing! Not only do you get a launch that is good and forceful, but you also have a lift hill with an amazing drop! Honestly I think this coaster is #3 overall at the park, behind Outlaw and Time Traveler. 8.5/10

-Fire In The Hole: Very fun ride. Loved the dark ride part of it and unlike Blazing Fury, the water splashdown was working and that caught myself and the others by Surprise! 6/10

Overall I loved the park, however with that said, I probably will not make it out to the park again until they add another coaster since it is a 10 hour trek from Ohio.

How bout some videos and pics! (Bare with me on these TR as I am using a new camera and still working on getting the best picture and quality out of it!)

Attachments
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports