Board index Public Relations Contests Coming soon: 2011 CoasterCrazy NoLimitsTournament

Coming soon: 2011 CoasterCrazy NoLimitsTournament

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 1:56 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
I am definitely up for testing. I think I would be a good judge because I have no bias with anyone on this site.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post December 22nd, 2010, 2:06 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Oh, and I will try competing, sign me up
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 2:22 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post December 22nd, 2010, 2:29 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
There are no sign ups. Round one looks like it will be a free-for-all.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 4:23 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Omnigeek6
I agree with you. However, in my experience, CKMWM seems to combine a heavy bias against Newton with a complete lack of said civility, and therefore IMHO should not be allowed to judge an official contest.

Prove it. I apologize for not adhering to the "if it's smooth it must be perfect" mentality.

Smooth piece of poop tooled up worthless faggy ride:
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_excha ... ?tid=16468

Smooth AND DECENT mostly realistic ride I'm quite fond of:
http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_excha ... ?tid=17684

Both use the tools and produce a smooth ride, however the second link manages to have a soul and some realism associated whereas the first link is smoothed garbage completely lacking in design and know how. I can tell the difference. If you don't suck ass, I won't find many flaws in your ride (like the second link).

I agree with you. However, in my experience, CKMWM seems to combine a heavy bias against Newton with a complete lack of said civility, and therefore IMHO should not be allowed to judge an official contest.

Nobody uses it to make anything worthwhile except a handfull of people. A great majority of people are not included in that handfull. Most of my "lack of civility" is when emofags gang up on me for calling a floorless with 17 air hills unrealistic when they're "being original" or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if the pile of poop lewis13 threw together in the link didn't have a similar argument surround it somewhere since the only thing it does right is be smooth.

There's also that bias against GCI mentioned earlier. They're designed to be high quality rides that satisfy a certain demographic, and just because someone doesn't like them doesn't mean they're bad rides. They achieve the goal of being at least somewhat exciting for most thrill seekers, but with forces and tracking that's family friendly.

Don't build a shitty GCI like all of the existing ones and I won't think it's awful. It's entirely doable.
Curious, hyyyper, other than adding a judge what are you doing to make sure the contest won't end up being as bad in some respects as it has in the past?

You know he produces some very good templates it's just a bit annoying when a woodie with 110 degree banked turns with 3.0 laterals makes a cut and others don't. I doubt you could do better with templates than he does (actually I doubt most people could do better).
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 22nd, 2010, 4:38 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
lol, again not using common sense and actually reading what was written. GCI rides aren't necessarily designed for you, and that doesn't mean they're bad. Your position is selfish.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 5:16 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Tetsu

I dont know how you went about judging last year hyyyper, but I think there should be a set guideline you and your co-judge should fallow through the whole thing. Sort of like a fact sheet.

Example: "Did the ride exceed G-force limitations? (Y) (N) | If (Y), by how much?"

Then do a point deduction system sort of thing based on those answers. That seems to be the only "fair" way anymore since everyone likes to cry and bitch about judging anymore.

I've been using such a judging sheet for the last two year. It's a list of T,A,O subcategories which covers all the aspects of building a ride.

Curious, hyyyper, other than adding a judge what are you doing to make sure the contest won't end up being as bad in some respects as it has in the past?

I will use everything that was mentioned as feedback last year.
...Oh, there was no feedback? Only complaints? Well, then I guess this will be the samee untill somebody reaches out a hand and helps us improve.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 5:33 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I'm sorry, I didn't realize complaints were not in the category of feedback. Oh, wait...

Post December 22nd, 2010, 9:46 am

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Prove it. I apologize for not adhering to the "if it's smooth it must be perfect" mentality.

Fine. I will start by noting that this very post proves at least one of my points; you completely lack civility and maturity. Case in point:

Smooth piece of poop tooled up worthless faggy ride:

I wouldn't be surprised if the pile of poop lewis13 threw together in the link didn't have a similar argument surround it somewhere since the only thing it does right is be smooth.

You see? You have dredged up a track almost a year old and flamed its creator by proxy just for the sake of your argument with me. Under what twisted logic is this justifiable? I wouldn't expect this behavior even from the average YouTube commenter, since that group seems to lack your awe-inspiring dedication to treating the rest of this site like poop. Only occasionally, when tracks are so horrific that Cthulhu-like they prevent my mind from grasping their sheer hideous failure am I anywhere near that insulting, and even then I have the decency to give detailed criticism instead of sweepingly labeling it a "pile of poop" the way you do. As I said, your behavior is embarrassing for any member of this site, but choosing you as a judge for an official CC contest given the way you act would be nothing short of an abomination.

Nobody uses it (Newton) to make anything worthwhile except a handfull of people. A great majority of people are not included in that handfull.

Again, I must point out that you never seem to mention the fact that only a few people produce anything worthwhile by handbuilding either. I fail to see how this is not an example of bias.

Most of my "lack of civility" is when emofags gang up on me for calling a floorless with 17 air hills unrealistic when they're "being original" or whatever.

I have no doubts that long before anybody "ganged up on" you, you called their rides unrealistic not in a constructive criticism type of way, but rather in the most vitriolic, abuse way your mind could come up with at the moment, and that their reactions were at least verging on justified. In layman's terms; Knowing you, you probably started it.

Don't build a shitty GCI like all of the existing ones and I won't think it's awful. It's entirely doable.

Your hatred of GCI is just as ludicrous as cool5's love of jet coasters, the only difference being you are apparently considered by some members of this site to be qualified to judge a contest, despite these glaring character defects.

Of course, there is also the fact that trolls such as yourself belong on 4chan and YouTube, where there are enough truly moronic targets for your talents to be of some use to society.

Also, inb4 you dredge up and flame my rides and become the new poster child for the Ad Hominem Fallacy.
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Still open to possibly being a judge... or in the very least organizing the submitted coasters into an anonymous system to eliminate all bias.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post December 22nd, 2010, 12:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
i can judge if you want
i like to look for flaws and the good stuff in a ride :D
and i have nothing better to do all day :(
so i am willing to judge this
and since i dont care if you handbuild a ride or newton it.. just as long as it is a good ride that doesnt make you bored and poop
like a ride with a 1mph-3mph lift is just stupid. you lose interest before you even get to the top
so i am willing to judge these rides if you want :D

Post December 22nd, 2010, 12:18 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by rcking04

Still open to possibly being a judge... or in the very least organizing the submitted coasters into an anonymous system to eliminate all bias.

Oscar will be doing that. We introduced it last year, we'll keep doing it.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 4:33 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You see? You have dredged up a track almost a year old and flamed its creator by proxy just for the sake of your argument with me. Under what twisted logic is this justifiable?

The Bible
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 22nd, 2010, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

The Bible

What, the same book that says the world is 6000 years old and the first woman was created from the first man's rib?

Troll harder.
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 5:20 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Yes, that one.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post December 22nd, 2010, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 796.00 Points
Originally posted by highthrills2

i can judge if you want
and since i dont care if you handbuild a ride or newton it.. just as long as it is a good ride that doesnt make you bored and poop
like a ride with a 1mph-3mph lift is just stupid. you lose interest before you even get to the top

No
Captain Obvious Strikes again!
...You're Welcome

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:04 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by CaptainObvious

i can judge if you want

username win.

No

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points

Fine. I will start by noting that this very post proves at least one of my points; you completely lack civility and maturity. Case in point:

I would just like to point out to you that no matter how much of an annoying douche bag Coasterkidmwm can be, when it comes to the business of rating, he bumps his maturity up to a whole new level. I doubt that he would brutally criticize a ride on a rating for a contest as official as this. Of course, his views may be skewed in some way, but he won't be the same as he always is. So, stop trying to use that as evidence to back up your claim.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Nobody uses it (Newton) to make anything worthwhile except a handfull of people. A great majority of people are not included in that handfull.

Again, I must point out that you never seem to mention the fact that only a few people produce anything worthwhile by handbuilding either. I fail to see how this is not an example of bias.

Yes only like 2 or 3 people are good at NoLimits.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I don't remember. But most of you suck and should give up.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:26 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Yaminub

Originally posted by CaptainObvious

i can judge if you want

username win.

No

Quote fail

Post December 22nd, 2010, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Are my handbuilt jet coasters built worthwhile? Are they good for handbuilt?

Post December 22nd, 2010, 7:27 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
cool5, I would have to say that you are one of the best hand builders on this site. Your "jet" coasters are sometimes fun and always interesting. I would like to see you build something other then them though. How about some old style wooden coasters or something with a little variety.

Post December 22nd, 2010, 7:35 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,327.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
i'm up for CKid to be a judge. even though he may have his bias against certain users on this site, including me, because of the anonymity system, he would be a quite fair judge, separating the wheat from the chaff.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Contests